Become a Patron!

Box mod and atomizer broken

I bought 2 knock off cigreen aba box mods from china. It came with an led light and a mosfet (i think). Ive had it for 4 days and today I went to use it and the wires started smoking and came off the mosfet. The led comes on without the atomizer but not with it. I put the atomizer on the other box mod and the same thing happens. What could have caused this?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought 2 knock off cigreen aba box mods from china. It came with an led light and a mosfet (i think). Ive had it for 4 days and today I went to use it and the wires started smoking and came off the mosfet. The led comes on without the atomizer but not with it. I put the atomizer on the other box mod and the same thing happens. What could have caused this?
What cause it? I don't know, but here's one thing, vaping is a very dangerous thing to do if ur not being careful, what you purchase, and how u use it for,I think ur box couldn't handle whatever u built in ur RDA!!

What cause it? I don't know, but here's one thing, vaping is a very dangerous thing to do if ur not being careful, what you purchase, and how u use it for,I think ur box couldn't handle whatever u built in ur RDA!!

The atomizer i had was a aspire nautilus and does this mean my atomizer is broken now? What atomizer should i use?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Time to learn how to solder and rewire for non smoldering box mods.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That box has the mosfet wired backwards, that's the problem. Replace the mosfet and the wires with solid core copper (14 or 16 gauge) and use a proper mosfet with the correct wiring.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Buy a new box dude... Don't risk it, its 44 bucks vs ur Face!!
BIGBOYVAPER

Ahhhh sheeeet, why would you buy the clone,?? Dude come on now, be patient save money then buy the legit one from cigreen, that company is very good all my atty are from them... The authentic of this no is like 40 bucks, I suggest stop using it, save money buy the authentic from origin vape dot com

I plan on buying the legit one now. what atomizer should i buy for the real one? Would an Orchid v6 work, i orded one and it hasnt been delivered yet

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
How long have u been vaping??

I started vaping like a year ago, i had a little ego pen vaporizer. I just recently started looking at box mods and i like how they produce alot of vapor so i wanted to get one. i want to learn more about atomizers, resistance and batteries and stuff like that

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Besides learning some stuff here, use this site: http://www.steam-engine.org/ CJ's diagram on mosfet wiring is a good place to start for rewiring your mosfet box mods correctly. Get a soldering iron, rosin core electronic solder, and some solid core copper wire.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started vaping like a year ago, i had a little ego pen vaporizer. I just recently started looking at box mods and i like how they produce alot of vapor so i wanted to get one. i want to learn more about atomizers, resistance and batteries and stuff like that
Ok since ur pretty much new to advance vaping, I suggest get a regulated box, eleaf30,eleaf 50,sigelei mni,ipv mini don't jump into cloud chasing until you learned the fundamentals of Vaping, get a sub ohm tank
Kanger subohm tank etc start from that,while you research on cloud chasing, study ohms law,coils,battery,wattad,volts...
Going from ego to a unregulated box is not a good idea....

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Besides learning some stuff here, use this site: http://www.steam-engine.org/ CJ's diagram on mosfet wiring is a good place to start for rewiring your mosfet box mods correctly. Get a soldering iron, rosin core electronic solder, and some solid core copper wire.
Don;t forget non lead flux.
One of those little things that most people forget.
Dude at work tried to solder without the know how and melted more shit than fixed since he forgot the flux.

VU Sponsors