Become a Patron!

Box mod battery issues

Hello i have a kangertech dripbox mod with a joytech ultimo rta which recently stopped working. I took the battery out and i could barely handle it due to the high temperature of the battery. I let it cooldown and placed it back in the mod but it still wasnt working. So i decided today to get a new battery and see if the battery is the problem but five minutes after i placed the new battery it got extremely hot like before and i dont know what to do. Please help me.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a dead short in the MOD and the batteries that overheated need to be recycled! Even the brand new ones................ Just my opinion based on what you have posted.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hello i have a kangertech dripbox mod with a joytech ultimo rta which recently stopped working. I took the battery out and i could barely handle it due to the high temperature of the battery. I let it cooldown and placed it back in the mod but it still wasnt working. So i decided today to get a new battery and see if the battery is the problem but five minutes after i placed the new battery it got extremely hot like before and i dont know what to do. Please help me.
Was the tank and mod hot as well? If yes, try using a heatsink.
Batteries should be ok as long as you could actually handle them. All batteries heat to some extent. Usually, with a regulated mod, it is mainly due to heat from the atomizer and mod.
Im thinking, a regulated mod has protection from shorts. So likely, your coils are heating your tank, tank heats mod, mod heats batteries.

Check your coils that they aren't to large, or touching the posts or sides of the atomizer. If the problem persists, replace the mod.

VU Sponsors