Become a Patron!

Box Mods

Cloud Chaser Isaiah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm really only experienced working with mec mods but I'm starting to look into box mods. I don't know what voltage is better 3.7, 7.4 also if I should get MOFEST with the box mod??? If anyone can give me some info that would be great

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Still been working really well and using it now :) Great little box for the price

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Got Wood? *shuts up now*

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got Wood? *shuts up now*
If the woodies were sitting around a 30 buck price point sure.
That is what I mean by them putting a crimp int he box mod market, kind of how Sigelei is putting a price point and feature crimp in the 100 watt niche.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Point well made. I think we are seeing a developing gap between mods purely for collectors like myself, and mods designed and priced for the more utilitarian need. Truth is, my unicorn boxes are functionally no better than much cheaper Hammond based boxes....of which I have a few.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On one hand I am all for the the lick boxes... (lick is a car sales term for a basic no frills car, outside of basic standard safety features. ) It opens the market up dramatically to the newbie and seasoned as well without a outlay of cash.
On the other hand it can and some places forces the price point of the lick up or the higher priced ones down.
While a chinese cheap box with good wiring and functionality is good it is also bad since it skews the new looking purchaser away from a hobbyist or craftsman starting out offering the basic same product for more.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On one hand I am all for the the lick boxes... (lick is a car sales term for a basic no frills car, outside of basic standard safety features. ) It opens the market up dramatically to the newbie and seasoned as well without a outlay of cash.
On the other hand it can and some places forces the price point of the lick up or the higher priced ones down.
While a chinese cheap box with good wiring and functionality is good it is also bad since it skews the new looking purchaser away from a hobbyist or craftsman starting out offering the basic same product for more.
I believe my new 'Ohm box is qualified to that 'lick' niche...("Hey, Beavis, he typed...") s'why I chose it...simplicity...and the warranty.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like mechs. I also like to have at least one big power device that gives me control over both power variables. ;)

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes around .4- .5 depending on atty I'm using

VU Sponsors