Become a Patron!

box not firing

Haven't seen anyone address a box not firing. I have been building(or at least attempting) dual 18650 box mods. Solid 14 gauge wire, mosfet, resistor(15kohm 1/4 watt). yet when it's all said and done and assembled i get the worlds longest delay before it fires. I have tried different types of switches. At the moment i am using an all metal version dome capped switch you'd find similar to the hexohm box mods. I am baffled as to what the issue is. All soldering connections are solid and wont budge. is it an issue with the type of build on my rda? does it need to be lower? im currently at a .19 thats not taking. and a .14 thats not taking. help meeee
ObsidianEnki, Jan 23, 2015

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your issue may be "heat capacity" (HC)... although if you've not tested your mod for voltage drop, it's difficult to determine. Click on my first and second sigline hyperlinks.

Get familiar with Steam Engine (if you've not already) and read my Steam Engine user guide... paying particular attention to the interdependent variables of wire gauge, net resistance, parallel coil count and heat flux (HF) and HC values. It may be something as simple as your build to wattage balance is way off... producing a undesirably high HC.

Heat flux is the coil radiant heat, expressed in milliwatts per millimeter squared. HC represents the function of time (or dwell) to peak temperature... which can be annoyingly high, or desirably low.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ObsidianEnki Take close up pics of the inside and post them here. Then we can start trouble shooting it. That coil ohm build should not be that much of a factor.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We can rule out the switch very quick. Take a small piece of jumper wire, and touch it on each side of switch and see if there is any change. If no change in firing time it isn't the switch.

VU Sponsors