VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

So where is everyone on this one?? Why is no one talking about this?? Hello??

Excerpt:

The White House has significantly modified proposed Food and Drug Administration (FDA) tobacco regulations, so that the online sale of e-cigarettes is not restricted, Reuters reported Wednesday.

Charged with analyzing the economic implications of policy, the White House’s Office of Management and Budget (OMB) looked in detail at the FDA draft, which had included a prohibition of non-face-to-face sales, in effect banning online sales.

OMB changed the language, so that the ban applies only to vending machines. Due to lobbying from the cigar industry, OMB also addressed cigars, modifying the existing two-part rule which separates regulated from unregulated into a two-option rule, which exempts premium cigars.

WHERE: >> HERE <<

aVWCNzoU1OE

Click here to get this Deal!...

allby

VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
They threw us a bone so we don't bitch to loud while they protect their buddies in the premium cigar industry. But it is a good thing all in all.

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
I'm wondering if they're watering this down so that it's easier to PUSH IT THROUGH! Fact is, even with these minor changes, this will still likely bury most B&Ms AND Online retailers if it passes in the current state.

While they took out a few things, its only from the proposed regulations. They can change them a little and put them back, or add them to the final regulations. This story is a good thing, but its not time to let down your guard or think that vaping is in the clear. I would wait and see on this.

micki

Member For 5 Years
I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. They aren't going to give us something without wanting something back.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
they realize they are going to have to play politics on this one, not going to be a cake walk like they thought.. whatever we do, we cant give them the benefit of the doubt ever

jmaulvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Notice this was changed due to reports from the Office of Management and Budgets. They realized banning online sells would cost them potential tax revenue once they decide how to tax e- cigs and juice.

Wulfy27

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The bigger issue at hand is the fact that electronic cigarettes are still being grouped, lumped, associated (you get my meaning) with tobacco products. Period. Regulation is crucial. Controversial as that statement can be, when done with an understanding of what you are regulating and in the spirit of quality control, it can literally save lives. That is easy to agree on... it's from that point where the debate does and should begin. (IMO) That being said... How can you truly set the standards when you can't see the vapor for the smoke?

Ladygadget

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you didn't know, the President is a smoker. Who know, maybe he's vaping too... They say he quit, but I bet he's been sneaking a cig or two Maybe he knows what it's like to try and quit...Who knows??

Ladygadget,
Totally agree. I think he's in touch with the vaping community. At least he's not a hypocrite supporting all the anti vaping agendas being a smoker himself.

Ladygadget

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I did try to read the OMB version..one thing I did see is that they made a difference between combustable tobacco and "other"

jmaulvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Quackster your banned for thanking someone for a compliment. You are not a verified vendor. lol jk.

In the US lobbying is a money game, as is the elected officials. Just toss them some money towards their campaigns and write it off. This way everyone wins. You get a senator or congressman in your corner and they get their contributions. This has worked for the Natural Health products and Diet pills industry greatly. I am surprised that no one has done this yet? The same politicians that are condemning this industry are in the pockets of the Diet pills industry, and have pushed and succeeded in un-regulating the industry and making it that the FDA has no teeth on the topic. This is the same thing that I bet made this situation a reality. Some congressman or senator has been paid off. Money speaks louder than words.

ripple69420

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We just need to keep up the pressure! Keep getting the word out. The battle has just begun!!! :mad:

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whether this is a thrown bone, ploy, pay off, politics as usual, or any of the rest of the ideas mentioned here, the good or the bad of it still remains to be seen. The real danger is that our juice, with or without nic, is being lumped in with carcinogenic nicotine alternatives. Though I support CASAA for their efforts, this is where I differ from their stance. We all know the juice we use contains no known carcinogenic properties. To continue to have the juice regulated/treated as known cancer causing smokeless tobacco or cigars will continue to open the issue for further scrutiny, litigation, regulation, and possible eradication. What we really need is a bill that defines the juice specifically as a non carcinogenic tobacco alternative, not tobacco product or NRT. That way, it can be specifically regulated within its own catigory. We all know that some regulation should be in place; ie: no use by minors, manufacturing safety guidelines, maintaining a non carcinogenic standard, labeling standards, and bottling standards. However, these good regulations will be defunct when the eventuality of tobacco product eradication finally occurs.

Nicoroshi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We'll see, I just never trust the government
Exactly this ^^^, and a wise statement.
They will do what's in Their best interests (as stated: protecting their contributors) while telling you it's in your best interest without listening (They hear us but truly are not LISTENING) to the public that they are appointed to serve. Yes, they will tell you that your opinion is important to them but in the end it's special interest lobbying that rules the law makers in the U.S.
Sad but true. :'(

VU Sponsors