Become a Patron!

Broke tank, out of town, in hotel for work! How to get by

RadarLuv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My tank broke, No back up. I have never dripped and don't know if it is possible, but I need options here.

Am I SOL? HELP!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
NO TRANSPORT. I work for an airline. I am at the mercy of a shuttle to the LaGuardia Airport.
Damn.. It may be tough to drip on a broken tank depending on the chimney size. What kinda tank do you have ?

RadarLuv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aspire Cleito. I have NO IDEA how it broke into bits. It wasn't dropped!

RadarLuv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think It may have been left on in my bag and overheated which is terrifying.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can you take a pic ? We'll know if its been overheated.

RadarLuv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, here we go. I am seriously so mad at myself for not having backup.

Attachments

• IMG_6579.JPG
    IMG_6579.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 69

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Any place that you KNOW you'll be in the next few days, or week, so you could order a tank online, then mail it to where you're going, or are? People mail vape gear to themselves from their home, to hotels where they'll be staying, sometimes.

RadarLuv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any place that you KNOW you'll be in the next few days, or week, so you could order a tank online, then mail it to where you're going, or are? People mail vape gear to themselves from their home, to hotels where they'll be staying, sometimes.
I'll be home tomorrow morning. But being crew, I have gone ALL day and now all night, no nic. I know better, way better than to leave the device on. I know better than to not have back up. I'm hosed for the night.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I suppose at the very least, you can drip juice into the coil, just keep the wicking saturated and get nic that way.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, here we go. I am seriously so mad at myself for not having backup.
The cotton wick looks fine. Unscrew the top. Remove the glass. Put back together. Drip juice on the cotton. It should work. Just keep an eye on the cotton. If it starts to look dry, add a few more drops to the cotton.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
slowly take the glass off and flip it to the bottom, since the top half is fine you can fill a little but you can't tip it over to vape

Sent from my Pixel XL

RadarLuv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Quick google search shows a place called "cloud 99" delivers in the NYC area. Not sure if deliver to that area. But call them.
I am looking at ordering with them, just a whole new mod, but I don't know what to order. I need a warm vape. I vape at about 62. not my mod is all screwed up, some buttons got pushed and I can't even get the screen on normal and i think I am having a bit of a nic fit over it.

RadarLuv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pico kit. 62w might be pushing it on the melo tank though.

Cuboid, ipv5, istick 100 are what I saw that I would recommend on their site other than the pico.
THank you so very much! I have this site bookmarked! I am set with this janky mod for tonight. Will get me home and to my shop! I really gotta figure something else out for transport, remember a backup, and NEVER EVER forget to turn it off!

Attachments

• IMG_6580.JPG
    IMG_6580.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 29

RadarLuv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pico kit. 62w might be pushing it on the melo tank though.

Cuboid, ipv5, istick 100 are what I saw that I would recommend on their site other than the pico.
would you say these are good choices in general? I am looking for something new. I have 2 cuboids, and maybe wanna try something new.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
would you say these are good choices in general? I am looking for something new. I have 2 cuboids, and maybe wanna try something new.

Good choices in general, yes. But really just what grabbed my eye from their site.

IMHO, 2 best mods I have are Hohm Wrecker G2 and Smok Alien. So if ya got time, order one of those. Have a couple of each.

Have or have used the others I suggested though. Good as well.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Recently took a 5 day trip.
Somewhat of overkill, but I took 3 rda's (one of which has an extra deck,so 4 builds) plus a tank. Just in case.

Yep.. 3 setups if not within 'easy' driving distance of home.
I had used the "2" rule previously, but then dropped one and cracked the tank while out of town.. man talk about overly protective on that remaining unit.. lol. I feel much more comfortable with 3 rigs now.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
THank you so very much! I have this site bookmarked! I am set with this janky mod for tonight. Will get me home and to my shop! I really gotta figure something else out for transport, remember a backup, and NEVER EVER forget to turn it off!
This is definitely something I would do, without hesitation.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

RadarLuv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
WELLLLLLLLL, here I am again, out of town, AGAIN. This time, I thought my vape was off, but instead I turned it to stealth mode, so it looked like it was off (I know you all must be thinking Is this girl some kind of special?). Of course i am walking through the airport asking someone if it smells like fire. She says yes, and we contine. Come to find out, my f'ing mod is firing. Luckily it didn't blow the glass , but it did bur my coil to where it tastes terrible.

Did I learn my lesson and bring back up? OF COURSE NOT..........Worse comes to worse, we will be in manhattan tonight and possible there will be some late night vape shops there. but wondering if an alcohol soak would do any good?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did I learn my lesson and bring back up? OF COURSE NOT..........Worse comes to worse, we will be in manhattan tonight and possible there will be some late night vape shops there. but wondering if an alcohol soak would do any good?

Highly doubtful ... most coils these days are using cotton as opposed to silica for the wicking material and the one bad thing about that is once it gets scorched, it's done, toast. I can't say for sure because I'm not familiar with your setup and of course you could certainly try it just to see ( it won't hurt anything ) but most likely you will need to be on the lookout for a new coil. You may even need to dump the juice in the tank depending on how bad it got.

Wish I had better news for you. Great username btw!

VU Sponsors