Become a Patron!

Bronuts variations

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I'm generally a little late to the party, and still haven't tried the famous Bronuts, but it does sound good and I'm wondering whether any of ya'll have made any variations on it.

Firstly I'm hoping someone has subbed FW yellow cake for INW yellow cake. I dumped my old FW yellow cake coz it was such a coil clagger. Was yummy no doubt, but I was too lazy for all that palaver. I have some INW yellow cake on the way and am hoping it won't be so brutal on my coils.

I also don't have any Cap Choc Glazed Donut, and I'm assuming this one will be hard to sub so will grab some if needed on my next order.
Anyhoo, any tweaks that ya'll have had success with would be appreciated

Last edited:

Ohwatafool

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Back in April I decided to give Bronuts a shot. I mixed it up by the recipe and it tasted great as is. Unfortunately I couldn't get through a tank without being tired of the flavor. I only mixed a single 30ml batch and went back to try it for about a month before I decided I am not a chocolate vape fan.

At the time I ordered the flavors from ecigexpress they only had 4oz bottles of Cap Chocolate Glazed Doughnut available, so I have a LOT left over that I will never use. If you'd like to have it shoot me a pm and we can sort it out. No sale or trade, at most just pay for shipping. At least it won't go to waste just sitting around in my flavor box.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's a very generous offer Ohwatafool, but unfortunately as I'm tucked down under on the other side of the globe, postage usually ain't cheap. Unless of course you're tucked down under too. Much appreciated though :cheers:

Ohwatafool

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well dang, I am on the North American side of the globe. Wish I could be more help with the actual question on the thread. I do know that a lot of the Reddit users have variations that they have done to the recipe, but you have to sort through a bunch of elitest thundercunts to get some good info. Heres a link to the Bronuts Megathread Hope you can find some answers!

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have to admit I really dont understand the hype of bronuts. In fact there is a really similar recipe on here a good couple of months before using normal doughnut by some guy called curly or something like that. T|o me it tastes like a slightly enhanced cap choc donut, I do still have a really old bottle thogh and sure I did hear a batch around the time I bought may be more play doh like and not great, which I get from the choc donut, much prefer the normal donut flavour (even tho i like the choc element) but may be my bottle. Also like the OP on here, I binned yellow cake ages ago afer hearing of the sucralose element, each to there own but Im surprised people still use it, especially as like he says, it just kills coils.

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I like bronuts, but it's basically just chocolate glazed donut that's been altered by joy and has some
cake added to it. If you want the bronuts flavor you can still go with a lot of different cake flavorings.

Last edited:

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
INW doesn't have yellow cake. Do you mean Lemon Cake ?

Um duh...yea I've confused yellow cake with lemon cake. Lol. So there goes that thought. I'm not buying more FW yellow cake, so there goes Bronuts too. I tried choc glazed donut Capella standalone years back and wasn't huge on it, so if it's only a slight variation on that anyway, I can survive without it. Thanks for all the feedback and info though guys. Sorry it ended up a complete waste of time. Lol

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Um duh...yea I've confused yellow cake with lemon cake. Lol. So there goes that thought. I'm not buying more FW yellow cake, so there goes Bronuts too. I tried choc glazed donut Capella standalone years back and wasn't huge on it, so if it's only a slight variation on that anyway, I can survive without it. Thanks for all the feedback and info though guys. Sorry it ended up a complete waste of time. Lol
I did make the Bronuts. It's a coil gunker from hell. Waste of time really. I still have 4 oz of FW Yellow Cake. I don't know why I still keep in my cabinet. :confused: FLV needs to release a doughtnut flavoring. I need to request it.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea I can't stand coil gunkers. Used to use a lot of FA choc and cocoa, but sick of the gunk. Using TFA double choc clear now which is great on the coils, but not so great on the palette in comparison to FA, yet it suits my laziness

jlw917

Member For 4 Years
Back in April I decided to give Bronuts a shot. I mixed it up by the recipe and it tasted great as is. Unfortunately I couldn't get through a tank without being tired of the flavor. I only mixed a single 30ml batch and went back to try it for about a month before I decided I am not a chocolate vape fan.

At the time I ordered the flavors from ecigexpress they only had 4oz bottles of Cap Chocolate Glazed Doughnut available, so I have a LOT left over that I will never use. If you'd like to have it shoot me a pm and we can sort it out. No sale or trade, at most just pay for shipping. At least it won't go to waste just sitting around in my flavor box.
Folks like you is why i love the vape community

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My FLV's Chocolate Deutch arrived today. Smells pretty good, I'll fire some up tomorrow. I was hoping the liquid would be on the lighter side of brown as I've read it can take high temps, but let me tell you that the colour is as dark as night. Same dark brown of FA cocoa etc. This makes me assume that it will prob be a coil gunker too, but it may not be the case seeing it supposedly handles higher temps.
I'll report back on that

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was hoping the liquid would be on the lighter side of brown as I've read it can take high temps, but let me tell you that the colour is as dark as night. Same dark brown of FA cocoa etc.

If you desire a good chocolate flavor that is just about clear, you may wish to consider Glamour Chocolate by Molin Berry. (see the pic. here.. www.vaperstek.org/glamour-chocolate/ ... from Vapors Tek)

All juice gunk my coils. It's just a matter of when. :)

Ron
---
“Are they made from real Girl Scouts?” – Wednesday Addams

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Much appreciated Ron.
I'll look into that one

My pleasure!

Since I've not seen it mentioned in this thread, :D I'll repeat the often posted sage advice of adding a touch of vanilla flavoring to the mix to make chocolate flavors "pop".

Ron
---
"Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge"- Don Henley

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea I add vanilla to just about everything I make. Vanilla junkie!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK well I've played around a little with the FLV Chocolate Deutch.
it's very doughy. It's been a few years since I tried CAP choc glazed donut standalone, but it definitely reminds me of it. It doesn't seem to be too bad on the coils, and although I've only vaped about 10mls of various mixes to date, it definitely seems more coil friendly than other dark coloured choc concentrates.

All I can say for now is, although it's a decent flavour, it's not a concentrate you can simply use just to add an element of chocolate. The doughy/cakeyness is prominent, even at percentages between 0.5 - 1%. That's not a bad thing, but if it's simply chocolate you're trying to add, you'll need to look elsewhere.
To me, this tastes like chocolate with tinges of FA joy and CAP choc glazed donut.

Yep, kind of what I'd imagine Bronuts would taste like, so coincidentally it fits in with this thread exceptionally well. If you're looking for a more coil friendly version of CAP choc glazed donut, this is worth a try. I've mixed it in to a Peanut Cookie mix and a Jaffa Cake mix that I have on heavy rotation. It's added an interesting touch, but I get equal, if not more cakeyness than choc from these additions

Last edited:

sampleit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
OK well I've played around a little with the FLV Chocolate Deutch.
it's very doughy. It's been a few years since I tried CAP choc glazed donut standalone, but it definitely reminds me of it. It doesn't seem to be too bad on the coils, and although I've only vaped about 10mls of various mixes to date, it definitely seems more coil friendly than other dark coloured choc concentrates.

All I can say for now is, although it's a decent flavour, it's not a concentrate you can simply use just to add an element of chocolate. The doughy/cakeyness is prominent, even at percentages between 0.5 - 1%. That's not a bad thing, but if it's simply chocolate you're trying to add, you'll need to look elsewhere.
To me, this tastes like chocolate with tinges of FA joy and CAP choc glazed donut.

Yep, kind of what I'd imagine Bronuts would taste like, so coincidentally it fits in with this thread exceptionally well. If you're looking for a more coil friendly version of CAP choc glazed donut, this is worth a try. I've mixed it in to a Peanut Cookie mix and a Jaffa Cake mix that I have on heavy rotation. It's added an interesting touch, but I get equal, if not more cakeyness than choc from these additions
I find the coconut very prominent in the flv too so I'd try the Molinberry to add just chocolate. I do enjoy the flv but not for long. Kinda like real choc cake

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I find the coconut very prominent in the flv too so I'd try the Molinberry to add just chocolate. I do enjoy the flv but not for long. Kinda like real choc cake

Cheers, yea I've noted the Molinberry for a future order

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just tried to order some, but from Vapourtek the shipping is gonne be over 50 bucks.
Tried looking elsewhere to no avail. Gonna have to wait till I can find someone that ships to Australia at a semi reasonable price

rogue zombie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's my Chocolate Ice Cream Donut. I'm quite enjoying it

CAP Chocolate Glazed Donut 6%
FA Joy 0.75%
INW Biscuit 1%
TFA Double Chocolate Clear 1%
TFA Vanilla Bean ICE Cream 3%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1.5%

70vg/30pg

Around 2 week steep. Before then it tasted like synthetic chocolate cream to me.

Edit: notes say I dropped the Joy to 0.7 on v2.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dont know what "coil gunker" means. Doesn't all ejuice do that? Bronuts doesn't gunk my coils any faster than anything else. I normally run it in a BB or BBB with a Q2 coil. I can vape the same coil for weeks if not over a month. I have to change them when the flavor gets muted not from a burnt taste. Im trying it in a RTA now and will inspect the coils after a few days. Maybe I'll see this unusual "gunk" I keep hearing about.

I love me some steeped Bronuts and make it in large batches.

The only tweeks I have done is adding various bavarian creams. I think the plain recipe is best after trying it w/creams. I've let others try it and everybody loves it. I dont get all the hate it gets. Bronuts tastes awesome to me.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's my Chocolate Ice Cream Donut. I'm quite enjoying it

CAP Chocolate Glazed Donut 6%
FA Joy 0.75%
INW Biscuit 1%
TFA Double Chocolate Clear 1%
TFA Vanilla Bean ICE Cream 3%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1.5%

70vg/30pg

Around 2 week steep. Before then it tasted like synthetic chocolate cream to me.

Edit: notes say I dropped the Joy to 0.7 on v2.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I will definitely try this when I get some double chocolate. Thanks.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dont get all the hate it gets.

There's nothing to really get. It's just that many, like myself get a play-doh taste from Capella Chocolate Glazed Donut and also many, like myself get a stale beer taste from FA Joy. Play-doh and stale beer aren't very appealing to vape :blech:

Then there are those like you that love it.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's nothing to really get. It's just that many, like myself get a play-doh taste from Capella Chocolate Glazed Donut and also many, like myself get a stale beer taste from FA Joy. Play-doh and stale beer aren't very appealing to vape :blech:

Then there are those like you that love it.
I understand the play-doh taste. I get it from the regular version of cap glazed doughnut. But I get none of that from the chocolate one.
I guess I'm just lucky because this recipe is bomb, or a banger, or whatever lol. I guess we all have our quirks when it comes to flavors. I really want to love peach. All the ones I've tried dry the heck out of my tongue though. I have six different peach flavs here I wont use. It's the only type flavor that does that to me.

VU Sponsors