Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello all, I have found the Hammond boxes for sale and had an idea. I was wondering if any of you builders had some thoughts on this.
I want to buy a hammond box, then using a metal propoxy, i want to wrap the box and sculpt a design in it. Im going to cover completely on the outside and sculpt a celtic ivy/flower pattern surrounding the Green Man over the entire surface.. Once it was done, I was going to have a bronze caster duplicate the box in an antiqued bronze, the inner dimensions will be the same but the outside will be 1/2 of an inch thicker. The entire box will be made of bronze at that point. Can I safely use bronze to build a box mod out of? I see that people use brass for mech mods, but will the bronze be safe to use as well??
celtic_knot_green_man_finished_by_galen_wolfe-d3djxh1.jpg

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It should be. I see no reason for it to be any different from an aluminum box

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
le agradezco compa.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not a problem lol.
That is going to be a beautiful box. I would love to see pictures of it when it get done.

And may I ask what you will be building in side of it?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
not to sure what im putting inside of it yet, ill be building for my first time, the artistic side of it will be familiar to me, so wish me luck. I might also buy all the parts and look for someone who builds mods to do the build for me. I really like the full size lcd screen set ups that allow for sd card images to be placed on the screen. Im also thinking about using the 50w boards and an internal battery set up with usb charging set up. Im still researching the important stuff.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well if you manage to get your hands on a SX330 or one of the ones that gets up grades you should be okay in the power department. As for the LCD screen I have no idea how to do that sort of thing. My suggestion would be to figure out what you you would like inside of it and sorta figure out were you would like the 510, button(s), and charging board to be places and work your design around that as well. That way the holes would all be ready when you do the final brass casting and the design will flow with all the hard wear your using instead of being interrupted with milling and cutting.

But that's just my two cents. Feel free to do as you please.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i plan on putting the fire button and the 510 on the top, with them centered in one of the flowers i want to put on it. But the fun part, hunting the boards, im loving the different options I can use!

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh yes its great time to be a modder! I've only ever used the DNA 30 cloned boards and a simple 5v device but its so much fun to make your own mods. That design is SICK by the way!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
this was just a stock pic to show the design theory Im going to use...im a big green man fan.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That mod of yours is going to be a looker. Do you know how big the box your using is?

VU Sponsors