Become a Patron!

Build interest

bogie1989

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would like to get into building but have no clue what to start with or even what to do. Anyone know whats good for a newbie to start out with??

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Would like to get into building but have no clue what to start with or even what to do. Anyone know whats good for a newbie to start out with??
What did you have in mind?...a dripper or a tank?

Either of the two atomizers with velocity style posts (two posts) is about the easiest, or an atty with a postless deck. Google the "Velocity dripper" youtube tutorials.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
So many RTA's and so little time.

I will leave you to about 15 RTAs that other members will suggest to you.

That being said, I will give you advice on what to use when building a coil.

I am not a fan of Temp Control.

I like my watts pure and simple

IMHO, 24 AWG Kanthal is the best.

I can wrap a coil using it, and if I dry burn the coil and put in a new wick every two tanks, the coil will last me for around 60 days.

bogie1989

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What did you have in mind?...a dripper or a tank?

Either of the two atomizers with velocity style posts (two posts) is about the easiest, or an atty with a postless deck. Google the "Velocity dripper" youtube tutorials.
Right now running nautilus tank part of a starter kit deal my local vape shop set me up with to get started with.

bogie1989

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you
So many RTA's and so little time.

I will leave you to about 15 RTAs that other members will suggest to you.

That being said, I will give you advice on what to use when building a coil.

I am not a fan of Temp Control.

I like my watts pure and simple

IMHO, 24 AWG Kanthal is the best.

I can wrap a coil using it, and if I dry burn the coil and put in a new wick every two tanks, the coil will last me for around 60 days.

Thank you for the advice will keep that in mind. Think I'm going to stick with the watts friend of mine has 200w box and has it set to 45w blows great vape.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right now running nautilus tank part of a starter kit deal my local vape shop set me up with to get started with.
That's a good starter.....now get a 30 mm Modfather....(just kiddin).

An atomizer with velocity style deck should work fine for anyone. Many of the atomizers have this two post style velocity deck, really easy to build on.

Good luck with whatever you get.

bogie1989

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a good starter.....now get a 30 mm Modfather....(just kiddin).

An atomizer with velocity style deck should work fine for anyone. Many of the atomizers have this two post style velocity deck, really easy to build on.

Good luck with whatever you get.
Thank you I definitely look in the it.

bogie1989

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I found this and seems to have good reviews
OBS Crius RTA V3

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A velocity style deck is the easiest to build on, and a big deck is easier then a small deck.
Taking into consideration that the deck is smaller then the RTA itself since it's surrounded by the tank, a 24mm or 25mm RTA would be preferable.

Redchigh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im a newbie, and I really my tfv4. Can buy deck for it, or buy the kit. That way you can experiment building new things when you feel like it.

With all the tfv4 airflow slots closed, it gives a good mouth to lung feel.

Last edited:

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Best I can say is it takes practice. Get some wire off Amazon or e bay for $5 for 100 feet, I use 26 gauge and it's later me almost 2 years. You'll also need some clippers, you can use finger nail clippers but you can find some decent wire clippers online too. The next thing you'll need is cotton. I like cotton bacon cause you get a lot and it's easy to use.
Since your using a regulated mod you don't need an ohm reader so your good there. Just make sure your coils are evenly wrapped and spaced.
Look up some tutorials they're everywhere online.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors