Become a Patron!

building my lowest ohm so far today. Few questions

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok so im going to build my lowest ohm coil to date. im putting it on my mutation x v4.

coil build will be:
24awg 2mm ID
dual coils .25 ohms

I have an IPV 4S so I know that it can handle this. now for the questions,

on steam-engine it says 60 watts will be a warmist vape. Is this a good flavor coil build? I can adjust the airflow which will happen a lot to get the right spot. But would it be a better vape with say 26 or 28awg? I know more surface area is better (I think).

if I do a dual this low the 26 or 28 is only calling for like 4 wraps per side and that's a small surface area. which in your opinion all subjective would be the best. I currently have I believe a .43 ohm dual 24 guage coil 3mm ID but want to build a new one tonight. Please advise.

And as always. Thanks for the help and vape on!!!!!!!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
ok so im going to build my lowest ohm coil to date. im putting it on my mutation x v4.

coil build will be:
24awg 2mm ID
dual coils .25 ohms

I have an IPV 4S so I know that it can handle this. now for the questions,

on steam-engine it says 60 watts will be a warmist vape. Is this a good flavor coil build? I can adjust the airflow which will happen a lot to get the right spot. But would it be a better vape with say 26 or 28awg? I know more surface area is better (I think).

if I do a dual this low the 26 or 28 is only calling for like 4 wraps per side and that's a small surface area. which in your opinion all subjective would be the best. I currently have I believe a .43 ohm dual 24 guage coil 3mm ID but want to build a new one tonight. Please advise.

And as always. Thanks for the help and vape on!!!!!!!
Most of my coil builds are 0.3 Ohm (2.5-3 mm ID) with 24g Kanthal, and I vape those anywhere between 45-60W. The power will also depend on your juice. Not every juice likes it hot.

Your 2 mm might be causing dry hits.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll get better flavor from 24g. If you wanted to use 26 or 28, you could, but you'd want to build much higher to avoid things like hot legs and dry hits. Thicker wire with less wraps handles the heat better. Even though a dual 26 or 28 with double the wraps would be comparable in mass, it would still transfer heat across its length a bit too quickly for optimal wicking, whereas thicker wire heats up more gradually.

60 watts sounds about where I would run that. You will want to keep the power lower than you would think. I think you'll find that it heats up faster, but runs cooler all in all this way. I personally prefer my regulated dual 24's around where you're building them. There's enough surface area for plenty of flavor and vapor without being so much that the wicking starts falling off.

I wouldn't do 2mm for it, though. It's already going to heat up quickly. You're still going to need 3mm for the wicking to be there. Actually, for the build you have in there now, you could go up to 3.5mm and see better performance from it.

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think im going to do 24g 3ID .3 ohms dual. 6 wraps per side

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
could I hand wrap a Clapton coil using 24 inner and 28 outer?? would that be feasible and a good vape?

Das Bund

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just wrapped a dual 24g 6 wrap 3.5mm id on my Velocity mini and it came out to 0.24ohms. It vapes pretty well with decent flavor and nice vapor production and does not get very hot or even very warm at 60w-70w.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
could I hand wrap a Clapton coil using 24 inner and 28 outer?? would that be feasible and a good vape?
You could, YouTube it. It takes some time and definitely isn't as good as using a drill but it will work.

VU Sponsors