Become a Patron!

Building the Augvape Boreas

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone! Since I am a big fanboy of the Augvape Boreas, I decided to do a quick build review of my favorite RTA.

First off, let's get the particulars out of the way, the following is taken from www.eciggity.com where you can get the Boreas for $24.99.

The Boreas RTA by Augvape is 25mm in diameter with airflow that directly hits the coils from the side. The Boreas comes with two 17mm Velocity Style build decks that either have 2mm wick holes or 2.5mm wick holes depending on the VG content of your e-juice and the size of your coils. A unique feature of the Boreas is that its juice flow and airflow control work in sync. As you increase the amount of airflow using the airflow control ring, the size of the juice flow holes increase as well.

Features:

• 25mm Diameter
  • 17mm Diameter Build Deck
  • 7ml Capacity
  • Side Adjustable Airflow
  • Comes with 2 Decks: 2.0mm Juice Hole and 2.5mm Juice Hole
  • Juice Flow Control

Includes:

1x Boreas RTA by Augvape

1x Replacement Glass

1x Bag of Extra O-Ring, Screws, and Allen Key

Okay, so now that we got that out of the way, let's look at the build deck. I built on the 2.5mm deck for this build, since I am using 5 wrap aliens with 3mm centers.
image1.JPG
As you can see, it has a fairly standard build deck, anyone familiar with building a velocity style deck should have no problem with this deck.
image2.JPG
Make sure to keep your coils close to the posts (but not touching) if you are using large coils. At 17mm, the build deck can accommodate some decent builds.
image3.JPG
Wicking is where most people seem to have an issue with the Boreas. I will admit, it took me a few builds initially to figure out how to effectively build the Boreas. They key is in the amount of cotton you use. You want to make sure your cotton is snug, but not restrictive through the coil center.
image4.JPG
From here, simply tuck your cotton ends between your coil and the deck.
image5.JPG
Next, prime your cotton with your juice of choice..for this one, I am using Higgy Cigs Gwen's Fluffermint..because it's winter and Christmas and it's like vaping a candy cane..lol
image6.JPG
Next, insert the deck into your Boreas and screw on the bottom cap. Make sure the juice/air flow is closed and fill the tank. Cap it and open the juice/air flow control and wait for the juice to fill the juice well. I always close the juice/air flow when I fill the Boreas, it cuts down on leaking.
image7.JPG
Now for my impression of the Boreas by Augvape: I love it. I own several of them and really do enjoy this RTA. That being said, there are a few things I would improve. First, I would improve on the grub screws, they seem to be a little cheap and I have stripped the head out of one of them in the past. Second, I would make the drip tip a larger bore. I use aftermarket tips on everything and this RTA is capable of some serious flavor and cloud production, it's weak point, in my opinion, is the 510 tip. Other than that, it is an amazing RTA with almost limitless build potential.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the Boreas by Augvape, as I probably have experienced it!

Thanks for reading!​

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 12

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I love the Boreas and have a number of them myself. Highly recommended tank, the balance between performance and flavor is IMO perfect.

As for the grub screws a lot of devices I have gotten have hit and miss grub screws. I went and got a good stash of grub screws in batch's of 50-100 in various sizes. It's a must IMO if you have a collection of Vape gear. Plus I can't stand flathead or Phillips head screws and replace them with Allen grubs when ever I get a device that has them.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I pre-ordered this wonderful tank and have used it everyday since I received it in my daily rotation. Sitting here now chucking this thing. It is my favorite tank. My only complaint is the size...it ain't gonna fit in the pocket very well! Looks best on larger mods (3x18650). But damn, this baby vapes beautifully! Flavor is fantastic. Probably the smoothest airflow of any tank I have ever used.

brandon555

Member For 3 Years
Yeah, grub screws are my only complaint with this thing. The use the chintzy 1.25mm ones. The best thing is look for a nice 1.25mm hex driver with hardened steel tips. Quality tools are a must with smaller grub screws. The hex wrenches they send along are junk.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice write up Spyg0at! This tank is next on my list.

Yeah, grub screws are my only complaint with this thing. The use the chintzy 1.25mm ones. The best thing is look for a nice 1.25mm hex driver with hardened steel tips. Quality tools are a must with smaller grub screws. The hex wrenches they send along are junk.
You have a good place to get one of these? I'm cracking through Amazon and can't find shit.

brandon555

Member For 3 Years

You have a good place to get one of these? I'm cracking through Amazon and can't find shit.

Yeah, that's my main gripe about it. It's a bit of an uncommon size. MIP makes a 1.3mm driver but I think that may be too big. I measured the supplied allen key with my caliper and it is 1.2mm on the dot.

Inspects, got a link? The only tools I can find on their site is the GeekVape kit.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

MIP 0.050" hex is what you're looking for, or a less expensive 0.050" hex but MIP's are a lifetime tool. As long as you don't lose it or let a friend use it for a pry bar...

brandon555

Member For 3 Years
MIP 0.050" hex is what you're looking for, or a less expensive 0.050" hex but MIP's are a lifetime tool. As long as you don't lose it or let a friend use it for a pry bar...

.050" is equivalent to 1.27mm if my math is correct. Would a 1.3mm driver work too or too big?

+1 on the MIP tools also. They're worth every penny. Once you use them you'll wonder why you ever used the cheap allen keys they send along with RDAs and other rebuildables.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, just under a 1.3mm. Scratched my head for a while a few years ago when I got an rta with a grub that small and found my solution in the RC box... .050 mip ;)
Which must be at least a decade old with a thousand screws ran in with it and the tip is still like brand new :eek:

brandon555

Member For 3 Years
Yeah, just under a 1.3mm. Scratched my head for a while a few years ago when I got an rta with a grub that small and found my solution in the RC box... .050 mip ;)
Which must be at least a decade old with a thousand screws ran in with it and the tip is still like brand new :eek:

lol... i've had some rc tools come in handy also

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks for the tips... out of interest is rayon nicer than cotton for wicking and flavour? Does it burn like cotton will?

brandon555

Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the tips... out of interest is rayon nicer than cotton for wicking and flavour? Does it burn like cotton will?

I think it's just one of those things you need to try and see if you like it or not. Some people think it's the bee knees and some people flat out hate it compared to cotton.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ok ta I'll look into it

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Eciggity has them for $19.99 currently and you can get another 10 percent off that using a code..I purchased one last night to try out.

VU Sponsors