Become a Patron!

Burn taste

i must be doing something wrong... i have a Eleaf Istick with a Nautilus Mini using BVC. i use 70%/30% liquid. 1st tank i vaped was awfull it taste like i was breathing over a fireplace... then the second tank WITH SAME JUICE was AMAZING, taste and vapor production were over the top (for me (a Noob vaper)) i really fell in love with vaping, i vaped 1 whole tank while working then when i got home i filled that sucker up with an other flavor, same compagny same pg/vg and it tasted like shit again i did primed the coil and washed everything xcept the coil and the Istick... then went back to my awsome second tank (watermelon)
icon_razz.gif
and still sucks. Any1 has an idea why i cant get the same experience twice i changed coils 3 times on the same tank thinking i might have primed it bad or...ohh and i was vaping at 5W all day errday I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO HALP
icon_smile.gif
(english not first language) (EDIT) i also own an Evic with a Kanger protank 3 V2 and its the same thing burn taste... wtf am i doing wrong !?!?!?!?!?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As a new vaper, it's possible you have vaper's tongue - particularly if you're getting the same taste on different setups. I used to get a metallic taste! Try again tomorrow, and let the tank sit after you've filled it up for a few minutes before vaping to be sure the coils are saturated.

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Could just be the old flavor sneaking in with the new one you're using, I'd start by changing the coil out. I was using a ego starter kit when I learned that changing those cartridge style coils with every new flavor makes a world of difference. There are tricks to washing certain coils, on the Kangertech coils for instance, I learned you can dunk that sucker in water for 30 mins, dry burn it lightly, repeat steps 1&2 let it sit for a bit (I let my coils sit for at least 45 minutes) and give it a go. Another possibility is that you may have burned out the coil. How much were you working that coil? I also know that 70/30 ratios are mostly used for dripping, you get a bigger cloud and better taste from what I've learned so far, but I hear that on the nautilus coils it can solidify in the wick preventing the cotton/wick from soaking properly resulting in the bad taste you're getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What wattage are you using? On my mini I stopped at 12. Also, how long do you let it saturate before firing?

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Try this
When you get that burnt taste put you finger on the air intake hole and suck. This will bring more juice into the vaping chamber. If that works you may need to adjust your Nautilus tank to a smaller intake hole.

As a new vaper, it's possible you have vaper's tongue - particularly if you're getting the same taste on different setups. I used to get a metallic taste! Try again tomorrow, and let the tank sit after you've filled it up for a few minutes before vaping to be sure the coils are saturated.

vapers thong from vaping 5 ml in 1 year and a half i doubt it... i did wait 4 hours after i filled it up and primed it... and its not metalic taste it burnt like straight fireplace smoke... but thx

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
vapers thong from vaping 5 ml in 1 year and a half i doubt it... i did wait 4 hours after i filled it up and primed it... and its not metalic taste it burnt like straight fireplace smoke... but thx

Ah sorry - I misread your post and thought you were a new vaper!

Could just be the old flavor sneaking in with the new one you're using, I'd start by changing the coil out. I was using a ego starter kit when I learned that changing those cartridge style coils with every new flavor makes a world of difference. There are tricks to washing certain coils, on the Kangertech coils for instance, I learned you can dunk that sucker in water for 30 mins, dry burn it lightly, repeat steps 1&2 let it sit for a bit (I let my coils sit for at least 45 minutes) and give it a go. Another possibility is that you may have burned out the coil. How much were you working that coil? I also know that 70/30 ratios are mostly used for dripping, you get a bigger cloud and better taste from what I've learned so far, but I hear that on the nautilus coils it can solidify in the wick preventing the cotton/wick from soaking properly resulting in the bad taste you're getting.

i washed everything except the coil and the device itself (Eleaf Istick) and i did try 3 new coils and TRY to vape it like 2-3 puff and it tasted like burnt so i put a new one and prime it and wait few hours and still burnt taste...

-but I hear that on the nautilus coils it can solidify in the wick preventing the cotton/wick from soaking properly resulting in the bad taste you're getting.

-how come i did get 1 tank of awsomeness with same liquid brand, pg/vg flavor but the first and 3rd tank taste like shit

What wattage are you using? On my mini I stopped at 12. Also, how long do you let it saturate before firing?

i was vaping at 4,7w or 5w its the minimum on my device and like i said earlyer iv got awsome taste from the EXACT SAME set-up 1 week earlier. i let it for about 4 hours before firing it.

Try this
When you get that burnt taste put you finger on the air intake hole and suck. This will bring more juice into the vaping chamber. If that works you may need to adjust your Nautilus tank to a smaller intake hole.

thats how i primed it when iinstalled the coil then let it sit for at leats 4 hours before trying it out. im really discouraged, caus i bought for over 400$ of vaping stuff and i cant get a good experience :mad:

Ah sorry - I misread your post and thought you were a new vaper!

no problem and i am a new vaper :p i say new vaper caus i dont vape a lot since i dont have a pleasant experience. I just watched a LOT of vids and read about the subject tried to replicate other ppl setup and it dosent work for me iv had the evic for over a year and a half and i vaped like 3 ml caus it was not tasting great :p tornado tank lol but for now im concentrating on the Istick and Nautilus mini cauz at least i got 1 AWSOME tank out of it :D

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hear you. Did you buy your gear online or at a local B&M?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually sounds to me like you accidentally fired the coil without any liquid in it and burned your wick. I've done that a time or two myself...

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Try the tank on another mod if you can. And try another tank on the mod and see what you get.

VU Sponsors