Become a Patron!

Burning eJuice on new build

Joshua Parnell

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First off, I'm really new. Been vaping a few months, started with the cheapos you get from gas stations, moved up to a VV/VW and decent clearo. Decided to be a cloud chaser.

I've got a Vanilla clone mech mod, a Tobh atty 2067, Sony VTC4 30 amp battery, running natural cotton and a single 7/6 24 gauge coil (the Tobh is the only thing that isn't brand new, hand-me-down from a friend). Friend suggested I start out with a single coil first.

When I hit it, first I'm not getting near as much vapor as I should be. Second, it hits really harsh, and tastes burnt (I'm talking, less vape than my iTaste MVP but it's making me cough worse than my first hit of... something else...). I'm getting about 0.4 Ohms of resistance on it.

Am I doing something wrong? This isn't normal, is it?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can never taste a thing when I take hits of a sub ohm build....In my personal opinion, cloud chasing is for showing off and a waste of good juice....just my opinion and many will hate on my input. That being said, I might suggest you get a 510 volt meter and test the volts popping out on your mod when you have the atty attached.. You might be shorting and getting to many volts out of the battery and you dont want that bad boy to vent in your hand or face. Make sure your getting good air flow to the atty as well.

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was going to make the same suggestion as @aussie. I had it happen when i first started as well, as its hard to not choke it off at first. That being said it also could be the juice, some of the flavorings will burn with high power/sub ohm (chocolate being a example). So first check on the flavoring and how sub ohm friendly it is, re-wick (with different juice if need be), come back and let us know how it works out! Best of luck bud!

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First, you may have a hot spot. Is it heating evenly -i.e. glowing from the center out when firing without a wick? Secondly what is the nic content and pg-vg ratio on your juice? Sub ohm juices tend to be .6 nic and high vg ratio. The juice that is suitable for your clearo is not really optimal for sub ohming.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off, I'm really new. Been vaping a few months, started with the cheapos you get from gas stations, moved up to a VV/VW and decent clearo. Decided to be a cloud chaser.

I've got a Vanilla clone mech mod, a Tobh atty 2067, Sony VTC4 30 amp battery, running natural cotton and a single 7/6 24 gauge coil (the Tobh is the only thing that isn't brand new, hand-me-down from a friend). Friend suggested I start out with a single coil first.

When I hit it, first I'm not getting near as much vapor as I should be. Second, it hits really harsh, and tastes burnt (I'm talking, less vape than my iTaste MVP but it's making me cough worse than my first hit of... something else...). I'm getting about 0.4 Ohms of resistance on it.

Am I doing something wrong? This isn't normal, is it?

No, this is not normal, specially with a 0.4 ohm build. Like has already been said, make sure you're not putting too much cotton in the coil. The wick should slide easilly through the coil. Make sure you don't have any hot spots, specially the legs. For cloud chasing you want high VG juice at low nic levels. The VG helps a lot with vapor production.

The last is air flow. I'm not sure but I think you have flow control in your atty. If you do, open it wide and make sure the air holes are in front of the coil. You want the air flow right on the coil. At 0.4 ohms you can set that puppy up for good clouds, a ton of flavor and a cool vape.

VU Sponsors