Become a Patron!

Burnt Taste

idkman1510

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I keep seeing stuff about a burnt taste. I dont know if thats what i have. Im getting a taste that to me seems more like dish soap with every hit. No i have not cleaned it with soap. is this what they call a burnt or dry taste? kinda new so im just not sure if this is what everyone is calling burnt

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No , that's not it . When the wire starts to were out it well give you a burnt taste or starts to get old . Sounds like the juice to me .

idkman1510

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright thats good then. It didnt seem like that to me so i wasnt sure. i rinsed it between each flavor but not like soaking and scrubbing. it tastes like that with a few different juices which are different brands. maybe its just in the tank still from one tasting like that

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright thats good then. It didnt seem like that to me so i wasnt sure. i rinsed it between each flavor but not like soaking and scrubbing. it tastes like that with a few different juices which are different brands. maybe its just in the tank still from one tasting like that
Yeah I try a different tank if you can and juice .

idkman1510

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats what i will do then. thanks for the help! btw your ex smoker banner is pretty cool. im gonna look for an app like that for my phone so it keeps track for me :p today is day 5!

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats what i will do then. thanks for the help! btw your ex smoker banner is pretty cool. im gonna look for an app like that for my phone so it keeps track for me :p today is day 5!
I found it here on this forum . It does come in handy to keep up with how many day's you have quit . Congratulations on your 5TH day ! Keep up the good work :] Once you get the hang of things you are going to really love vaping and it is WAY better for you .

idkman1510

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive not even wanted a cigarette yet having the vape pen. I just bought a vapin plus cheapy one but i love it even. Im gonna upgrade someday but i already love it and have "converted" my girlfriend and 2 others over to vaping. :p We'll all feel better!!

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive not even wanted a cigarette yet having the vape pen. I just bought a vapin plus cheapy one but i love it even. Im gonna upgrade someday but i already love it and have "converted" my girlfriend and 2 others over to vaping. :p We'll all feel better!!
Right On ! !! Just start doing a lot of reading . Your in a good place to do that . Some really good people here that well be glad to help in any way they can so if you got any questions don't hold back ask away . Good luck and keep vaping ..

idkman1510

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes research is gonna be needed. theres a lot you can get into here xD but thats a good thing. keeps ya busy!!

ImmortaliT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The cheaper tanks start melting when juice is highly acidic this may be resulting in a funky taste if you're using acidic juice with a pen style vape its possibly the culprit new tank and try to avoid cinnamon and citrus flavors until you have a tank that's not plastic

ImmortaliT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Usually there will be discolored parts of tank or flaky white residue if tank is melting

idkman1510

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats something Ill look at for sure. Now I went and ordered an itaste 20w. it seems like a step up but not too expensive. Im not quite understanding the wattage and voltage 'situation'... Can i use my vapin plus tank with that or will the battery be too powerful? I wanna research but i dont know what to search to get good results.

idkman1510

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hadn't heard of that but i looked and it seems legit. coming right off of smoking cigarettes that could have a lot to do with it

ImmortaliT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is an assumption but I think your referring to the 2.5 ml vape plus atomizer. And another assumption. I think it can't push more then 8 or 9 watts. I may be wrong been a long time since I've messed with pen mods. I recommend getting away from that line of products spend 90 on a sigelei 150w spend 35 on an arctic tank and never worry again you will thank me later. I may be wrong and you may end up quite happy with the pen mods to I find they lack vapor production flavor and aren't as customizable

idkman1510

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think yes, its like a $20 vape pen from a gas station and its made by 21st century. just a convenience store kinda item, even our vape shop doesnt keep this one in stock. So i figured i was getting at least a little upgrade Well then the itaste might be too powerful so ill have to get a stronger tank for it then. and im sure ill spend more money on a better one eventually but i have restrictions at the moment so i went the itaste 20w route temporarily. Ill look into that equipment though because it may be better yet :D

ImmortaliT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
20w device still really limited experience but it will be better then gas station one yes

idkman1510

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well i got the 20w today and its kind of awesome compared to what i had. its refreshing :D the only problem im running into is that (using the vapin plus atomizer tank) if i bump up the power above like the bare minimum it starts tasting burnt. i dont know the resistance on the tank because it doesnt say on the package anywhere. is this just because its a low end low power tank? thats what im thinking anyway

idkman1510

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well it wasnt supposed to be but kinda tirned into that... Sorry about that.

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it's tasting burnt then either your over powering the coil in the tank or the coil is shot. If you did over power the coil to get the burnt taste, well the coil is shot (the taste will never go away due to the burnt cotton or other wicking material).

You got a nice little mod there and is certainly a step up from the gas station vape pen you have. I suggest a different tank with coils that can work within the new power range (or higher). The Nautilus Mini is nice, will work within the specs of your new mod, and the coils are inexpensive and available.

BTW....as to your juice and the soapy taste issue, I have that with a Watermelon Kiwi blend when drinking Bud Light. It's almost as if I can feel the bubbles. If I switch beers or juice the taste goes away. But I like this juice and I don't drink Bud Light often so the choice was obvious ;)

And congrats on quitting the stinkies!!

idkman1510

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didnt understand how the whole vw vv thing worked but i think im figuring it out. The 20w tells you the resistance of the tank so thats handy!!! Its 2.6 on that head. So im iguring out what ranges i should be at :p it just takes some reading as mentioned and some playing around to find the right range but im getting there! Also didnt think about the soapy taste being from havi g other things at the same time too! Thats a good possibility as well. It was mostly with a peach one but now i dont taste that anymore. & thanks!!

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice! Try between 5 and 7 watts....give or take a few watts....and find your sweet spot. Start low and slowly work your way up for flavor and vapor. If it starts to taste burnt then back in back down a bit. It's all a learning curve....and worse yet, it's all personal preference! But in the end, it's all worth it to keep away from actually smoking cigarettes!

idkman1510

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Very worth it and fun to learn new things and find that sweet spot!!

VU Sponsors