Become a Patron!

Butterbeer

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
t seems everybody and their brother is into Harry Potter, except me. But, that is not important. The important part is my 21 year old grand daughter. Yes, 21. I'm an old fart, don't you know. Any how. Five or six MONTHS ago, she ask me to make a butterbeer flavor for she and her main squeeze. Having never tasted butterbeer, I had them describe the taste. Long story, short; It took until last week to get it right. Here is the recipe. Hopefully, you too will be able to make someone happy with it.

Butterbeer

Butter Rum (LA) 3%
Butterscotch (MTB) 4%
Cream Soda (MTB) 10%
Whipped Cream (TFA) 3%
Marshmellow TFA) 2%
Sarsaparilla (TW) 2%
Sweetener (TFA)** 3%

** Sweetener can be a branded sweetener concentrate, homemade, or cotton candy (other than County Fair Cotton Candy)

NOTES

1) It appears, most all of the suppliers and repackagers have recently decided to go to full strength on all of their concentrates. Therefore, if the flavors in this recipe seem to be excessive, reduce them. MAINTAIN THE SAME RATIOS when reducing the percentages. My recipe was made and tweaked with concentrates purchased prior to the change.

2) Root Beer can be substituted for sarsaparilla.

Eric

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Looking at the flavors in your recipe is the best explanation I've ever gotten of what butterbeer is! Does it really exist, or is it a HP invention?

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC: Originally, it was thought to be a HP invention. However, While doing my research to try and refine my granddaughter's flavor description, I discovered it actually existed, in jolly ole I believe, in the 18th century. Then with the popularity of the HP books a whole new genre was born and with it WDW created an attraction (ride, souvenir, and food concessions) and a non-alcohol version of Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice. Disney was also slick in the marketing approach. They made Disney world the sole purveyor for the two and only sells the Butterbeer in cups (no take home). Even my grand-daughter, who works for WDW, could not take a cup off site. Now, Pumpkin Juice is a whole other deal and is sold in bottles and can be taken home. I got to try that and was not really impressed. We are going to run up to Orlando to see the kids and go to WDW in a couple weeks and I will try the Butterbeer.

Brynn (Grand-Daughter) said the taste is smack dab on the money, but could be a little stronger. I think the next time I mix it, I'll bump everything up 1%. I have been vaping it almost continuously all this week and I agree it is a little weak for my taste.

By the way, I have been introduced to the super concentrates from The Vape Mall out of Wentzville, MO. www.TheVapeMall.com. All U.S. made and approved stuff. Not a repackager. I have their Southern Vanilla, French Vanilla, and Cotton Candy and I am impressed. The Southern Vanilla taste and smells exactly like what I was raised around. Give them a try, I think you will really like them and the prices aren't bad either.

Eric

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
umm eric.. you are saying these flavorings pass for diacetyl and acetyl propionyl free??
i have yet to see a cheesecake nor anything else butter-wise pass.. hmm..
will have to look into this..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you for that background, Eric - makes me want to go to Disney World!

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looking at the flavors in your recipe is the best explanation I've ever gotten of what butterbeer is! Does it really exist, or is it a HP invention?

HIC: If you go to check out The Vape Mall, the Concentrates are hidden under 1 heading :"Flavorings" in the DIY category.
easy to overlook.

Eric

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
umm eric.. you are saying these flavorings pass for diacetyl and acetyl propionyl free??
i have yet to see a cheesecake nor anything else butter-wise pass.. hmm..
will have to look into this..

Yes Smoky. For several years now. The only one still containing diacetyl is vanilla custards and they state as much. Interesting enough, I read recently there is vanilla custard out now that doesn't use them. Butter was one of the first to replace them. Now I can not and will not speak for the Chinese stuff. There are only 2 of those guys that are ISO 9000 and 18000 series certified out of the vast number producing juices.

Eric

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for that background, Eric - makes me want to go to Disney World!

HIC: What part of the world do you live in? If you come to Florida, we live about 45 miles from WDW and ,as I said earlier, My grand-daughter works there and there are certain perks that we may be able to utilize. Brynn goes to CF University as well working, so we would have to address her schedule.

Eric

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC: What part of the world do you live in? If you come to Florida, we live about 45 miles from WDW and ,as I said earlier, My grand-daughter works there and there are certain perks that we may be able to utilize. Brynn goes to CF University as well working, so we would have to address her schedule.

How awesome would that be! I'm a whole lot closer to Disney Land than Disney World, though.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
for now i am happy..
the nicvapes can pass testing, and the tobaccos they have are very nice..
vaping on some right now..
but i will be asking the company, it's always good to find flavors that can pass.. :)

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How awesome would that be! I'm a whole lot closer to Disney Land than Disney World, though.

HIC: To bad, cause I would have really enjoyed taking you to WDW as well as visiting with you. One of our favorite place is the Verde Vally area near Sedona, AZ. If we get out that way, who knows, may we can get together for coffee. I make a wicked Coffee w/ that is a vape looking for a donut.

Eric

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
for now i am happy..
the nicvapes can pass testing, and the tobaccos they have are very nice..
vaping on some right now..
but i will be asking the company, it's always good to find flavors that can pass.. :)
Yea Smoky, they all were pretty much forced to start cleaning up their act about 2 years ago. Surprising enough, FA still has quite a few with Diacetyl, but at least they tell you a flavor has diacetyl and is not suited for vaping. I was looking for a flavor last night and went on the FA site and almost dropped my teeth when there was a warning on the page. I knew about the sweetened condensed milk, but thought that it was the only one they still had. They actually have quite a few.

Eric

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea Smoky, they all were pretty much forced to start cleaning up their act about 2 years ago. Surprising enough, FA still has quite a few with Diacetyl, but at least they tell you a flavor has diacetyl and is not suited for vaping. I was looking for a flavor last night and went on the FA site and almost dropped my teeth when there was a warning on the page. I knew about the sweetened condensed milk, but thought that it was the only one they still had. They actually have quite a few.

Eric

But now they put all those flavors in their 'kitchen line.' None of them are in the vaping line!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
But now they put all those flavors in their 'kitchen line.' None of them are in the vaping line!

i'd much rather the flavor companies start doing this..
eventually it will come down to it, might as well start now..
specially with people refusing to vape the bad stuff..
yes for personal use, and if you know you are mixing it and just dont care, it's good..
but if you are mixing for others.. it might be best to get into a habbit of already knowing..
at 130.00+ for testing.. i'd rather not have to remake after establishing a recipe for someone else.. ;)

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i'd much rather the flavor companies start doing this..
eventually it will come down to it, might as well start now..
specially with people refusing to vape the bad stuff..
yes for personal use, and if you know you are mixing it and just dont care, it's good..
but if you are mixing for others.. it might be best to get into a habbit of already knowing..
at 130.00+ for testing.. i'd rather not have to remake after establishing a recipe for someone else.. ;)

Smoky: That is exactly why I follow this so closely. In some areas it cost as much as $400 per flavor to get them tested. the small shops and re-packagers can't afford the expense and are making the bigger manufactures have it done. The owner I talked to today vets his concentrate suppliers as well as anyone can and he said the popular U.S. and northern European manufactures have totally cleaned up their business. We also are experiencing another problem with all the manufactures and re-packagers going to the stronger concentrates. I have about 150 flavors I developed selling in a local shop that mixes to order. They are mixing my recipes from a time when the concentrates were weaker and the customers are going to notice the difference. I verified, today, that concentrates from almost all US and northern European supplies are now full strength. It does not effect those like FA that were already supplying full strength concentrates.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
right now i am still playing with nicvape, fa, vz, and a few others..
will try to keep with with this one too..
just havent had the time to take a looks see ;)

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
right now i am still playing with nicvape, fa, vz, and a few others..
will try to keep with with this one too..
just havent had the time to take a looks see ;)

Smoky: I'm with you. My problem is the shop. He is heavy into TFA/TPA with LA and Cap in some flavors, so I have to stick prety tight to those brands. However, for my self, i am playing with FA, IW, Vz, and now The Vape Mall (TVM). TVM is so fantastic, if I could I would use nothing else, but he only has 96 concentrates at this time. I talked to Bryan (the owner) yesterday and he vetted all of his concentrate suppliers just short of paying about $400 each to have the untested tested to verify what the manufacture claims. It really isn't all that necessary, because, all the players are well established companies. He is using only U.S. and northern European companies. Surprising enough, FA in not on the list and I forgot to ask about IW. I really like IW, so I hope I can verify they are diacetyl free or at least with warnings on the description page. Almost everyone's Vanilla Custard concentrate has it in it, but I use so little, it is not really an issue. And you know, that is probably true of all the flavors that have it as part of the concentrate molecule list. Am I brave enough to buy FA's Sweetened Condensed Milk? No. And I want that flavor sooooooo bad. If it is true to the real thing (in taste), it would replace almost all the stuff I use today in desserts like Silk Pie, Drinking Custard (which I am still working on), and the Vanilla Sauce for the Bread Pudding et al. I read recently, there is a diacetyl free Vanilla Custard either in the works or coming out. Don't I wish.

Eric

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
vz and ina both can not claim diacetyl free.. specially ina..
there is just something on ina with that aftertaste, i mixed up one last night and poured it straight down the sink..

for vz.. pretty much anything with cream.. and some of their drinks and fruits.. :confused::(
if i get some time, i will try to guess on the vz.. but i only have a handful now..
some tobaccos.. i do have the cream charlotte, the caramel puff and the caramel mocha.. can promise, it's in those too..:(

but.. for the nicvapes.. i have been toying with them, and i have to say, standard 2-4% and very tasty..
have yet to find something i do not like.. besides the price. ;) and those are completely free..

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
vz and ina both can not claim diacetyl free.. specially ina..
there is just something on ina with that aftertaste, i mixed up one last night and poured it straight down the sink..

for vz.. pretty much anything with cream.. and some of their drinks and fruits.. :confused::(
if i get some time, i will try to guess on the vz.. but i only have a handful now..
some tobaccos.. i do have the cream charlotte, the caramel puff and the caramel mocha.. can promise, it's in those too..:(

but.. for the nicvapes.. i have been toying with them, and i have to say, standard 2-4% and very tasty..
have yet to find something i do not like.. besides the price. ;) and those are completely free..

Smoky: I am not familiar with Ina (my IW), unless it is their Lime TKA. That is the only one I have tried and I love that flavor. Talk about lime. It is so limey I have to rake leaves everytime I use it. I will hate to find out they use diacetyls in their concentrates. Soon as I finish here I will start researching it. Now Vz, I only use their Super Concentrates and there are not a lot of flavors, but they are pretty good. They are alcohol based and diacetyl is an oil molecule and May not be used, it might separate and form a film on top of the concentrate. I don't have a clue about nicvapes. Can't say I have ever heard of them.

Eric

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Smoky: I am not familiar with Ina (my IW), unless it is their Lime TKA. That is the only one I have tried and I love that flavor. Talk about lime. It is so limey I have to rake leaves everytime I use it. I will hate to find out they use diacetyls in their concentrates. Soon as I finish here I will start researching it. Now Vz, I only use their Super Concentrates and there are not a lot of flavors, but they are pretty good. They are alcohol based and diacetyl is an oil molecule and May not be used, it might separate and form a film on top of the concentrate. I don't have a clue about nicvapes. Can't say I have ever heard of them.

Eric

yes the sc vz flavors are ok, but they do have the gourmet and then the "unknown mixed" area too.. mostly i believe it is fw tfa and lo..
i only have 1 flavor from ina (your "IN") which is the vanilla for pipe..
i do not mix that one for anyone that vapes my juices.. it does carry the bad stuff.. sadly..:(

nicvape is a usa based company, maybe 30min drive from my house..
they have been around since 2010, and i have heard both good and bad about them..
Linc was a sweetheart to send me all of their flavorings, and i have gone thru around 6 of them so far..
all pretty much tasty.. on par with tfa and capella, but a bit better.. lower percentages too..
max i have used is 4%..
the bad draw down on nicvape is.. no established discount for this forum, the handling fee and the cost..
you are looking at around 10-12 per 10ml.. they are working for larger sizes, and i hope they re evaluate the price etc..

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Erck when ordering these flavors are you getting them 100% PG or are you getting them pre mixed from vape mall?

Hi Friend: Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I have no idea how I use to do all these things and work too. WOW! Anyway, to answer your question; I get all of my concentrates with 100% PG. Well, all that are not alcohol based. I do have a couple of those. The DIY concentrate at TVM are tricky to find. Go the the DIY tab in the header and click on it. When the section opens, scroll down and on the left side of the page you will find a picture of some bottles arranged in a triangle and the title E Juice Flavoring.. Under that are two windows. The bottom one drops down the list of the 97 concentrate flavors and the top one lets you select the size bottle of concentrate you want. They are 7 ml for $1.99, 17 ml for $3.99 and 32 ml for $4.99. I was talking to Brian, the owner, the other day and mentioned the hard time most of us have had the first time we went to the site looking for the DIY flavors. But, let me say, it was well worth the search. This forum has a great FA Club group and they are good at using the FA products. Trust me I know. When I first came to this site I stumbled into their section and could not understand why I was meeting all kind of resistance. Now, that I know, I think it would be fun to have a section like that, centered around TVM flavors. They, like FA concentrate, are super concentrated and made from the best products Brian could find in the U.S. and northern Europe.

Again, sorry for the delay.
Eric

Last edited:
Eric what percentage will you recommend The Vape Mall flavorings? Are all their flavors diecetyl free? Any flavor recommendation?

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Eric what percentage will you recommend The Vape Mall flavorings? Are all their flavors diecetyl free? Any flavor recommendation?
HMFR:

Brian the owner of TVM recommends starting with 6 % and adjusting to your personal taste. This is very subjective, but by starting at 6% we have room to go anywhere. Most of the time I am using the vanillas, and cotton candy (I use this as my sweetener), mints,etc. as top notes or undertones so I am starting with amounts according to where the taste lies in the main flavor and how it's flavor ranks "in order or ratio" to the other flavors in the mix. In other words, if I am using clove and cinnamon as undertones
Made a 30ml batch yesterday upping the Butter Rum 1% and nice flavor thanks for sharing friend.

Made a 30ml batch yesterday upping the Butter Rum 1% and nice flavor thanks for sharing friend.

Ok, That's never happened before. I clicked on jander6442's post and got HMFR's and in trying to get rid of HMFR's (which I answered yesterday) post I got jander's. Shades of Twilight Zone.

Any how, as I was about to ask: jander, have you made any other improvements to the original recipe?

Original Recipe for Butterbeer
Butter Rum 3%
Butterscotch 4%
Cream Soda 10%
Whipped Cream 3%
Marshmallow 2%
Sarsaparilla 2%
Sweetener 3%

Granddaughter and squeeze said I was close, but no cigar. Older (and wiser) grandson said "you hit it on the nose, Pop Pop". Even through my granddaughter works for Disney, my diminished health situation has prevented me from going to Harry Potter Land to try Butterbeer for myself. So, I have to depend on comments and feedback from you guys to help me make that authentic butterbeer flavor my granddaughter ask for.

Eric

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Brian the owner of TVM recommends starting with 6 % and adjusting to your personal taste. This is very subjective, but by starting at 6% we have room to go anywhere. Most of the time I am using the vanillas, and cotton candy (I use this as my sweetener), mints,etc. as top notes or undertones so I am starting with amounts according to where the taste lies in the main flavor and how it's flavor ranks "in order or ratio" to the other flavors in the mix. In other words, if I am using clove and cinnamon as undertones in a mix, I know clove is about 3 to 4 times stronger than cinnamon and will limit the clove accordingly, even though they both will have equal identity in the final mix. That said, I do start with 6 to 8% in my normal mixes.

As far as diecetyles are concern: Brian did extensive due diligence before he offered the first concentrate or juice for sale. As a result, ALL of his products are free of any known hazard. All the concentrates are either from or made from molecules from U.S. FDA or the equivalent in modern day Europe. As a Result of those studies, he only buys from the U.S, and northern European countries. His products are among some of the safest in the world.

Flavor recommendations from TVM: First and foremost, the Vanilla Southern is exacfly like the vanilla my mother and grand mother used when I was coming up. Next would be the Cotton Candy - I use it as my sweetener. Extreme Chocolate and Rock Road are the next in that long line. To be quite truthful: They are all good. Do not be afraid to try any of them and start at 6 to 8%.

Eric

Brian the owner of TVM recommends starting with 6 % and adjusting to your personal taste. This is very subjective, but by starting at 6% we have room to go anywhere. Most of the time I am using the vanillas, and cotton candy (I use this as my sweetener), mints,etc. as top notes or undertones so I am starting with amounts according to where the taste lies in the main flavor and how it's flavor ranks "in order or ratio" to the other flavors in the mix. In other words, if I am using clove and cinnamon as undertones in a mix, I know clove is about 3 to 4 times stronger than cinnamon and will limit the clove accordingly, even though they both will have equal identity in the final mix. That said, I do start with 6 to 8% in my normal mixes.

As far as diecetyles are concern: Brian did extensive due diligence before he offered the first concentrate or juice for sale. As a result, ALL of his products are free of any known hazard. All the concentrates are either from or made from molecules from U.S. FDA or the equivalent in modern day Europe. As a Result of those studies, he only buys from the U.S, and northern European countries. His products are among some of the safest in the world.

Flavor recommendations from TVM: First and foremost, the Vanilla Southern is exacfly like the vanilla my mother and grand mother used when I was coming up. Next would be the Cotton Candy - I use it as my sweetener. Extreme Chocolate and Rock Road are the next in that long line. To be quite truthful: They are all good. Do not be afraid to try any of them and start at 6 to 8%.

Eric
Thanks Eric. Nice to have some expert opinion. As The Vape Mall doesn't ship to my country its nice to have an estimate how long my flavorings will last as I will use them in single flavors. Right now I am going for Aqua Berry Blast, Strawberries & Banana's w/Cream, Kaptain Krunch Berries, Monkey Fart, Strawberry Shortcake, Blondie and Tiger's blood(was't able to find it in their eliquid line but is being sold as flavoring). I am torn between Vanilla Southern and Creme Brulee' as they both are caramel vanilla flavors and both sound great but don't want to end up with similar flavors. Also quite tempted to replicate Goodlife Vapors Melon Boba by using TVM's Melon Fury, Sweet cream and koolada. Would love to read what you think and lastly GET WELL SOON.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Eric. Nice to have some expert opinion. As The Vape Mall doesn't ship to my country its nice to have an estimate how long my flavorings will last as I will use them in single flavors. Right now I am going for Aqua Berry Blast, Strawberries & Banana's w/Cream, Kaptain Krunch Berries, Monkey Fart, Strawberry Shortcake, Blondie and Tiger's blood(was't able to find it in their eliquid line but is being sold as flavoring). I am torn between Vanilla Southern and Creme Brulee' as they both are caramel vanilla flavors and both sound great but don't want to end up with similar flavors. Also quite tempted to replicate Goodlife Vapors Melon Boba by using TVM's Melon Fury, Sweet cream and koolada. Would love to read what you think and lastly GET WELL SOON.

HMFR:

Thank you, I am working on getting better and hope that comes along quickly.

You say TVM doesn't ship to your country, where are you located? I have a friend in the Philippians and when there is something he can't get I help if I can. If you want TVM concentrates, I'm sure we can arrange for you to get them.

Eric

VU Sponsors