Become a Patron!

Buttermilk and Cognac

-GR-

Member For 4 Years
I decided I wanted to work on something that was similar to Lazarus Vintage's Journey. It's been over a year since I had it and I know I won't get it close but if I can get something like that flavor profile I would be happy. I would love to hear thoughts and suggestions from those that have more experience with DIY. Their liquid was a nice light yellow color, definitely had a sweet buttermilk base with a nice hint of cognac. I don't remember if there were any other flavors that stood out. I have come up with something that is definitely vapable for me but it could use some tweaking.

So far I managed to keep it under 6% flavoring. I think it might be a little heavy on the cream and I used coconut and AP to try and get a hint of butter effect but I don't have enough experience with trying to create that effect.

So here goes:
1.0% Meringue FA
0.5% Vienna Cream FA
0.5% Coconut FA
0.25% Acetyl Pyrazine TPA
1.0% Brandy FA
0.5% Catalan Cream FA
1.0% Fresh Cream FA
0.25% Oakwood FA
0.25% Kentucky Bourbon TPA
0.5% Vanilla Bourbon FA
0.25% EM

I came into this vendor and flavor on pure accident - the shop I found while traveling thru a state had just one bottle with my nico level - so I bought it.
Best flavor I've ever had. But I refuse to spend the money they want for it. Is it really made of VSOP or soemthing?
Strangely, neither cognac nor buttermilk stood out to me. The flavors i got were:
Campfire toasted marshmallow
Graham cracker
Sweets bakery
butterscotch
Chocolate Honey Bears (the little graham cracker bears)
Custard
Distant hint of burned .22LR gunpowder
And about 3 other distinct yet fully compatible flavors.
The closest Ive found to it is Cuttwood Sugar Drizzle, but its only about half as good.

Anyone who can clone Journey is aces in my book, so long as they share. : ))))

VU Sponsors