Become a Patron!

buttin is getting very hot on my unregulated box

I need help. As soon as i push my button to take a hit my firing button gets really hot while i drag. Its an osmium v2 with a mutation v4 with .19 ohm clapton build. And new married batts. Can someone help me with my problem please

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Short short BOOM.
That hot button is joule heating, what batteries are you running.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Start by getting better batteries. VTC4's or Samsung 25R's. Next, clean the contacts for the switch, the battery connections until they are shiny. Clean the 510 connector and the center positive pin and make sure they are shiny. Clean the threads on your RDA ans make sure the bottom center positive screw is clean and shiny. Joule heating happens when there is a resistance in the circuit, before it gets to your atomizer, that resistance can be dirt, oxidation, or just bad connectivity.

it's a parallel box, make sure you are putting the batts in the right way.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This a mechanical mod or wired unregulated mod?... I'm thinking too hot a build or loose connection, undersized circuitry even could be some dirt.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Completely disassemble, clean and inspect every single part of the mod and atomizer. Use special cleaners to remove any tarnish or corrosion if you have to.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Better batteries, zam said it on all the advice that has been posted repeatedly.

Better batteries or you will have a double amount of fuck in your hand.

VU Sponsors