Become a Patron!

Button getting really hot!

Hi, I recently bought a King v2 mechanical clone mod (Stainless Steel). I've been using it for 3 days and had no problems until today. It started getting really hot on the button and basically the whole body to the point it will burn you. My battery is an eFest 18650 2500 mAh 35A. Is it my battery?

Last edited:

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds like it. My eFest batteries never had issues, but supposedly they are unreliable.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the mod is getting hot... not warm from the atomizer, you are probably shorting out.
Is that mod a hybrid atomizer direct to battery?
what resistance are you running?

I have had a efest purple for about 9 months without issues. Not up to the vtc5 standard but it works ok running 0.3ohms.

If the mod is getting hot... not warm from the atomizer, you are probably shorting out.
Is that mod a hybrid atomizer direct to battery?
what resistance are you running?

I have had a efest purple for about 9 months without issues. Not up to the vtc5 standard but it works ok running 0.3ohms.
Its not a hybrid it has 2 copper pins

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had a problem with my button getting hot sometimes, not to the point I could not touch it, but pretty hot. I corrected the problem by replacing the spring with a thicker heavier copper spring.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Check the insulator on the 510 connector on your atty. That is my guess.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you have a link to the spring?
Any spring will work. Take yours to a place like Home Depot and look for a similar size, but of a heavier gauge metal. Do not worry about voltage drop, the metal in the spring is quite irrelevant in that situation. But also put your atty on an ohms meter to verify that it has a sound insulator.

Any spring will work. Take yours to a place like Home Depot and look for a similar size, but of a heavier gauge metal. Do not worry about voltage drop, the metal in the spring is quite irrelevant in that situation. But also put your atty on an ohms meter to verify that it has a sound insulator.
I'm sorry but im fairly new to vaping so I got myself a Kangertech Protank 3 for an atty

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sorry but im fairly new to vaping so I got myself a Kangertech Protank 3 for an atty
Good kit that! Around the connector on the bottom of the base...is the positive pin...may or may not be slotted. Around that is a wee insulator. The pin is the positive part of the circuit...then entire base is the negative...so it is necessary to isolate the two. It takes as little as a crack in that insulator to cause a short. If you do not have an ohms checker...then perhaps a local vape shop can check it for you. What I recommend right now, is that you discontinue using it until that issue is sorted. Safety is paramount...none of us here want you to get hurt.

Good kit that! Around the connector on the bottom of the base...is the positive pin...may or may not be slotted. Around that is a wee insulator. The pin is the positive part of the circuit...then entire base is the negative...so it is necessary to isolate the two. It takes as little as a crack in that insulator to cause a short. If you do not have an ohms checker...then perhaps a local vape shop can check it for you. What I recommend right now, is that you discontinue using it until that issue is sorted. Safety is paramount...none of us here want you to get hurt.
So what would be the things to check out or do in order to stop this problem? Thanks!

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So what would be the things to check out or do in order to stop this problem? Thanks!
Process of elimination basically. Start with the atomiser...if it checks out, then inspect and clean the insulator at the 510 connection on your mod. Lastly, check the spring in the button for signs of collapsing as well as the insulator that surrounds the contact on the button. Remember, the entire outside of your mod and atty are the negative circuit.

Process of elimination basically. Start with the atomiser...if it checks out, then inspect and clean the insulator at the 510 connection on your mod. Lastly, check the spring in the button for signs of collapsing as well as the insulator that surrounds the contact on the button. Remember, the entire outside of your mod and atty are the negative circuit.
Thank you so much man. I checked the coil and it was the insulator that ripped. I replaced the coil and it worked like brand new. Thanks!!!!

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have the same mod, runs fine with my Genitank Mega. Check the spring it may not be working properly or you may need to adjust the spacing on the inside, might be too snug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors