Become a Patron!

C.O.V MegaVolt and min resistance

meloserj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello mates

I asked below question from @Mooch but he doesn't have clue regarding mod. So he suggested to stay at 0.2 ohm and don't go below.

My question is:
My MV 80W has an internal battery of 1750 mAH and its minimum resistance for atomizer is 0.2.
Assuming this info, means the battery can give maximum 20 A current in its maximum usage on 80 Watts.
Now I have atomizer with coil 0.16 ohm and wanna use it on the same mod with 42 W power. With my calculation, the battery drain will be 16.2 A.

My question is, as the mod accept this atomizer (no Short Atomizer showed in display), can I use the coil on it or not? Will this harm and stress my mod's internal battery?

Your kind help is appreciated.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't do that. When they specify a min-ohms, that's the NEVER USE level that stresses the battery - sometimes catastrophically.

Personally, I avoid sucking on grenades.

meloserj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't do that. When they specify a min-ohms, that's the NEVER USE level that stresses the battery - sometimes catastrophically.

Personally, I avoid sucking on grenades.
This is the message I received from COV support:

Hi
This is the message I received from our China team for your question. I hope it helps you.

"Our official suggested lowest resistance is 0.2ohm, but actually it could support lowest to 0.08ohm. So as long as the tank could work normally on the mod, it would be fine. Won't damage the internal battery. No worries.

When the resistance is lower than 0.06ohm, mod will show low resistance, and the tank is not working. "

VU Sponsors