Member For 5 Years
How's that Castle Long Reserve taste in that thing? Enjoy the day!:cool:

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How's that Castle Long Reserve taste in that thing? Enjoy the day!:cool:
Oh Muh Guudness. Let me tell you about that Castle Long Reserve! It's just as it's described. I almost don't want to use it unless it's a special occasion!

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I personally do not use a ohm reader, but when you've been doing it a while you learn what wraps of what wire does what. I still check it on a regulated mod to be safe for shorts. Honestly I need to buy one. When I started building coils a long while ago they were not as readily available and not nearly as cheap. Safety first is right. I'm a bad example lol. It is nice to know .25 and not just .2 et... In a mech it can make a difference with batteries. I don't go that low, but still they are like $10 pick one up. Of I ever get off my wallet and by new gear in picking one up my self.

D

Donald Bickers

I personally do not use a ohm reader, but when you've been doing it a while you learn what wraps of what wire does what. I still check it on a regulated mod to be safe for shorts. Honestly I need to buy one. When I started building coils a long while ago they were not as readily available and not nearly as cheap. Safety first is right. I'm a bad example lol. It is nice to know .25 and not just .2 et... In a mech it can make a difference with batteries. I don't go that low, but still they are like $10 pick one up. Of I ever get off my wallet and by new gear in picking one up my self.
my main reason for telling her that was that she is new to the game,,,,i have been building coils for over 2 yrs myself,and am comfortable with it,and could get by if mine broke,,,,any newby needs a helping hand

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
....About that RDA you mentioned.... How 'bout it? :)

yeps.. pick up the ohm reader like i recommended a while back, and do some research..
always know what your ohms are.. I do not want you to blow anything up.. you need your fingers and face ;)
i know you are on the pif box too..
after going thru all my stuff and what I have coming and going, I wont be able to send anything to you till January..
unless you pick up one before then.. I am sorry, but i got popped with a couple unexpected bills. :(

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
my main reason for telling her that was that she is new to the game,,,,i have been building coils for over 2 yrs myself,and am comfortable with it,and could get by if mine broke,,,,any newby needs a helping hand

I agree completely. That is why I suggested she get one. They are cheap now as well. That wasn't the case back when the only rebuildables were Geni tanks.i really should use one. I just have been doing it so long that every time I put one im the cart, I stop and say hey I could buy this or that if I take the ohm reader off the order. For a noob ohm readers and all these new coil wrapping doodads are great. Wish it was like that years ago.

D

Donald Bickers

I agree completely. That is why I suggested she get one. They are cheap now as well. That wasn't the case back when the only rebuildables were Geni tanks.i really should use one. I just have been doing it so long that every time I put one im the cart, I stop and say hey I could buy this or that if I take the ohm reader off the order. For a noob ohm readers and all these new coil wrapping doodads are great. Wish it was like that years ago.
agreed,,,even a couple of yrs ago you couldn't touch an ohm meter for 10 bucks,,,now that's about the goin rate

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
yeps.. pick up the ohm reader like i recommended a while back, and do some research..
always know what your ohms are.. I do not want you to blow anything up.. you need your fingers and face ;)
i know you are on the pif box too..
after going thru all my stuff and what I have coming and going, I wont be able to send anything to you till January..
unless you pick up one before then.. I am sorry, but i got popped with a couple unexpected bills. :(
It's cool. Thank you so much for the offer! I hope there's something in the PIF Box I can use! :D

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i thought i saw some at fasttech for 8.00

Fasttech has nice ones that charge via USB and have the 510 for your atty and the other side has a 510 threaded post you can screw you mod onto to check your batteries as well. I think that they are $13-15, don't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure. Just type ohm reader in the search bar and they have a bunch of different ones.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just got a new ohm reader today. Its an Eleaf, was 9.20 on ebay from LAVapeco, shipped in two days. Reads to the hundredth, and has shown me my MVP 2.0 isn't as consistent as i thought. Plus with my ipv3 on the way I'm gonna need more precision and lower readings. My shaky hands make my multimeter useless for ohm readings, so it was a delayed but needed purchase.

Laurel, get an ohm reader, the one i mentioned is cheap and precise. I'm going on a year here soon of building and still never would rely on my eye, nor at least fire on a regulated device first. It sounds like you know this,,just want to re inforce it.

Also, I'm not fond of mine, but you can pick up an Igo W RDA for dirt cheap, as in 10 bucks or less. I know I saw one on the deals and steals blog super cheap a while back. Angelcigs also has a ton of RDA's for super cheap as well.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just got a new ohm reader today. Its an Eleaf, was 9.20 on ebay from LAVapeco, shipped in two days. Reads to the hundredth, and has shown me my MVP 2.0 isn't as consistent as i thought. Plus with my ipv3 on the way I'm gonna need more precision and lower readings. My shaky hands make my multimeter useless for ohm readings, so it was a delayed but needed purchase.

Laurel, get an ohm reader, the one i mentioned is cheap and precise. I'm going on a year here soon of building and still never would rely on my eye, nor at least fire on a regulated device first. It sounds like you know this,,just want to re inforce it.

Also, I'm not fond of mine, but you can pick up an Igo W RDA for dirt cheap, as in 10 bucks or less. I know I saw one on the deals and steals blog super cheap a while back. Angelcigs also has a ton of RDA's for super cheap as well.
Thanks for the advice! I can always use more help, so thanks. :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
laurel.. on the pif box you are in, you can always see if anyone before you might have one..
either or both ohm reader and dripper.. and hope you know, after the holidays i can send out..
will hold on to it for you.. :) i have a bunch of stuff.. just funds are limited..

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
laurel.. on the pif box you are in, you can always see if anyone before you might have one..
either or both ohm reader and dripper.. and hope you know, after the holidays i can send out..
will hold on to it for you.. :) i have a bunch of stuff.. just funds are limited..
I really appreciate that. My funds are at a high limit as well so I totally understand!

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really appreciate that. My funds are at a high limit as well so I totally understand!
Is it "High limit" or "Low limit"? Either way, what I'm trying to say is, I've got bills stacked and I'm broke. Haha I feel you.

D

Donald Bickers

Is it "High limit" or "Low limit"? Either way, what I'm trying to say is, I've got bills stacked and I'm broke. Haha I feel you.
My favorite way of explaining it is,,,,,Im not broke but im bent pretty bad.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think its rough on a lot of us this time of year, with holidays and what not.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think its rough on a lot of us this time of year, with holidays and what not.
Yes, for sure. I went down to part-time at work for health reasons and the pay is killing me. *Sigh*

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
vaping is not a cheap hobby. i think it would be cheaper to smoke cigarettes because we are programmed to just buy cigarettes with no regard to budget. we just buy them even if it's the last $5 in our pocket and haven't bought xmas presents for our kids yet. but vaping is different, we have to save and budget. and we always have to have the newest shiny new item out.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
a very high broke.. it was good while i had it, i had fun while holding it, but i am crying cuz it's gone.. ;) :D
but.. Christmas is now a very done deal.. for that, I am very thankful and happy..

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Guys! @Whiskey's extremely generous gift came in the mail today! Here it is!
KlFcj23.jpg

Whiskey, you're the best, nothing less! :)

Oh wow, that mod is sweet , how does it perform Laurel ?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
vaping is not a cheap hobby. i think it would be cheaper to smoke cigarettes because we are programmed to just buy cigarettes with no regard to budget. we just buy them even if it's the last $5 in our pocket and haven't bought xmas presents for our kids yet. but vaping is different, we have to save and budget. and we always have to have the newest shiny new item out.

Cigarette smoking is only cheaper if you have no self control and buy every piece of vaping gear on the market .

Having to buy every new shiny item on the market will turn you into a Hobo pushing a shopping cart up and down the freeway picking up cans and bottles for that always impressive $0.05 refund.

You don't crave a vape like you do real cigs imo , i would freak out if i could not find a cig to smoke but with vaping i can manage to wait longer.

Just my opinion

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was wondering if you had used it yet too:)
Oh! I have! Thank you so much. You will forever be know as "Whiskey, the person who gave me my first Mech Mod!" :D

VU Sponsors