Become a Patron!

Can I put a clearomizer on a Mech Mod?

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
•••I figured I'd put this here for the most expertise•••

I want a Mech Mod but I love my Aspire Nautilus Mini. Also I'm not necessarily ready to start building coils yet. Can this be done?

Laurel

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure you can:)

IMG_1253_zps8a83d882.jpg

Kenneth98

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The mech mod can use the atomizer . also mech atomizer is ok

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and don't be nervous to build coils, it is a lot easier than you might think ;) I'm hooked now and love the mechanical mods due to their simplicity, and coils that you build for RDA seam to deliver a much more satisfying hit of vapor....but as always in the world of vaping YMMV.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
and don't be nervous to build coils, it is a lot easier than you might think ;) I'm hooked now and love the mechanical mods due to their simplicity, and coils that you build for RDA seam to deliver a much more satisfying hit of vapor....but as always in the world of vaping YMMV.
I can already feel myself interested in RDA's and all that business. I'm just taking it slow for my checking account's sake :p I need to get myself a "Vaping Station" for all my eLiquid and mods! :)

Laurel

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One thing to consider: Mech mods only put out battery voltage. Add in vDrop and such and it's actually a bit less.
So, you're best using an atty with 1.4-2 ohms resistance.

Just like the old days where we used the 1.5 Ω "LR" (Low Resistance) atomizers for 3.7v mods, now you can do the same.

I use a 1.5 ohm ProTank v1 head on my Vision Victory BCC clone and a simple rubberized Bolt mod with an 18650. Works great. I mainly use it for out-and-about, because I can replace it all for about $15 :)

wNCB8bQl.jpg

Also, I use a Aspire Mini Vivi-Nova BDC on a Magnetic Bolt with 1.8 ohm heads and it does pretty well too.
Just gotta mate the atty's resistance to the device. If you build your own coils, this becomes trivial after awhile.

San Miguel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most clearomizers are 14mm in diameter. Don't always look so good on a mech tube mod that's usually 22mm in diameter.

However, there are some 22mm clearomizers such as the Aerotank Mega (looks great on top of a 22mm mech mod).

One other thing to consider is the thread type of the electrical connector of your clearomizer. The thread type on mech mods is of the '510' variety. Many clearomizers use the 'EGO' style connector. However, the Aerotank Mega clearomizer also uses the 510 connector, so it's a perfect fit on the various mech tube mods.

Here is a photo of a Aerotank Mega clearomizer on top of a 22mm Caravela (clone) tube mod:

Everything just fits well :)

AerotankMega.jpg

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Most clearomizers are 14mm in diameter. Don't always look so good on a mech tube mod that's usually 22mm in diameter.

However, there are some 22mm clearomizers such as the Aerotank Mega (looks great on top of a 22mm mech mod).

One other thing to consider is the thread type of the electrical connector of your clearomizer. The thread type on mech mods is of the '510' variety. Many clearomizers use the 'EGO' style connector. However, the Aerotank Mega clearomizer also uses the 510 connector, so it's a perfect fit on the various mech tube mods.

Here is a photo of a Aerotank Mega clearomizer on top of a 22mm Caravela (clone) tube mod:

Everything just fits well :)

AerotankMega.jpg
That flush look looks really smooth. I have an Aspire Nautilus Mini so that should be good I think. It's 510.

San Miguel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A 510 connector looks like this:
(the part to the right is the 510 center pin of the tube mod that accepts the 510 connector of the atomizer)

ContactPoints2.jpg

AerotankMegaCenterPin.jpg

Last edited:
Ive seen eGo to 510 connectors out there. If your favorite tank has an eGo connector you would need one of these. Like said before tanks work better on regulated devices so you will get the same power every time you hit the fire button.

•••I figured I'd put this here for the most expertise•••

I want a Mech Mod but I love my Aspire Nautilus Mini. Also I'm not necessarily ready to start building coils yet. Can this be done?

Laurel
I'm sure you've already blew up a battery or blew your teeth out by now since this post was made in 2014. But noooo bad idea. Nautilus mini has a spring in the firing pin. When put on a mechanical MOD that spring compresses and makes both positive and negative touch the battery. Which I'd hope you know is no good. And will cause the battery to explode

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm sure you've already blew up a battery or blew your teeth out by now since this post was made in 2014. But noooo bad idea. Nautilus mini has a spring in the firing pin. When put on a mechanical MOD that spring compresses and makes both positive and negative touch the battery. Which I'd hope you know is no good. And will cause the battery to explode
I only ever tried it on a non-hybrid Mech Mod. It didn't work out but I'm fine. Haha

VU Sponsors