Become a Patron!

can I use a normal charger?

lacster

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone :)

I am noob at this vaping stuff but have researched quite a lot on builds.
I'm just about to start building my own vape, I just wanted to know if I buy a vaping battery would it be fine if I use a normal AA battery charger to charge it or would I need to have a special charger for these vaping batteries?

If you have to have a special charger for those batteries would it be fine to use normal rechargeable batteries?

The charger I have is this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pan...dyx7qfKAhVEUhQKHds8D8QQ_AUICCgD&dpr=1#imgrc=_

and the rechargeable batteries I have are these:
http://www.rcsmart.com.my/products/...th-4-units-AA-rechargeable-Ni-MH-2100mAh/5931

thank you! :)

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No and no. You need a charger specific to 18650 batteries for most mods, some use 26650. Your double AA's, a no go.
I strongly suggest you do some more reading, if you are new to vaping start small, get yourself a good regulated mod, 30-50W, first rate batteries. Worst case scenario you could blow the side of your face off, if you do it wrong.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are many good chargers available on eBay at good prices. That's where I got my Nitecore.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Xtar mc2 is a good inexpensive charger, and it plugs in USB so its super convenient. May be best tho at this point just to buy a mod with built in batteries and charging, a lot less stuff to mess with and you know you have the right equipment for the job.

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wrong batteries. Wrong charger. Stop and read up on battery safety before going any further

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There are situations where you could really shoot your eye out, Kid ;)

Seriously, this is not one of those things where you should be saying to yourself, "Maybe I'll try it anyway."

Seriously hoping this wasn't a hit and run post, but it'll help somebody.

lacster

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol, thanks for the info guys.
I wasn't planning on trying it out, that's why I asked here to make sure and no it wasn't a hit and run post I posted this just before I went to bed, after I got tired of researching :p
I'll check that video out just now and buy a proper charger and batteries from somewhere, if anyone has links of any good deal please share :)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, thanks for the info guys.
I wasn't planning on trying it out, that's why I asked here to make sure and no it wasn't a hit and run post I posted this just before I went to bed, after I got tired of researching :p
I'll check that video out just now and buy a proper charger and batteries from somewhere, if anyone has links of any good deal please share :)

When you say "building my own vape" do you mean actually building your own device?

lacster

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you say "building my own vape" do you mean actually building your own device?
yes, the only thing that I will be buying is the RBA/RDA and also the battery and charger now.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
skt239 said:

When you say "building my own vape" do you mean actually building your own device?Click to expand...
yes, the only thing that I will be buying is the RBA/RDA and also the battery and charger now.

Don't wanna sound like an ass, but the sheer fact you had no idea what kind of batteries a vape takes, I would HIGHLY recommend NOT building your own vape/device, everything about this is just asking for trouble. You NEED to study up on Ohm's Law and Battery Safety, before even building a coil, let alone a whole mod.

lacster

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't wanna sound like an ass, but the sheer fact you had no idea what kind of batteries a vape takes, I would HIGHLY recommend NOT building your own vape/device, everything about this is just asking for trouble. You NEED to study up on Ohm's Law and Battery Safety, before even building a coil, let alone a whole mod.

Lol, what in my post indicated to you that I don't have an idea of which batteries to use? I clearly stated in my original post that I have read up on the specific batteries for vaping.
The battery is just one of the many parts of making a vape, you assuming I have no knowledge with anything else regarding a vape just shows your ignorance.
Thanks for your concern but I'll be fine :)

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sorry, I apologize, your post was ambiguously worded. You said you were a noob, posted AA batteries, and talking about building a vape. All of those things send up red flags. I now see that you were asking if you could charge 18650s in a AA charger (which you can't), or if you could charge AA batts in a vape charger, which the Xtar VC4 can do.

I realize there's more to vaping than just batteries, but it's the most important part, and the most dangerous part, so it can't be overstated to study up on Ohm's Law and battery safety, because you can never be too careful. I never said you didn't know anything else about vapes, but if you didn't know about batteries (which is what it seemed like when I first posted) it would have been highly recommended not to try and build a mod. It wasn't ignorance, I was just trying to keep a noob safe.

and BTW, you obviously didn't research batteries or chargers too hard, because 3 seconds on Google would have answered your questions.

That's why I said I didn't want to sound like an ass, because I wasn't 100% sure how much you knew, so I stated the basics. I didn't mean to seem like I was condescending to you, but safety cannot be understated, so I put it out there whenever it seems fitting. Take it how you will, I'm just trying to keep everyone safe and happily vaping.

lacster

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sorry, I apologize, your post was ambiguously worded. You said you were a noob, posted AA batteries, and talking about building a vape. All of those things send up red flags. I now see that you were asking if you could charge 18650s in a AA charger (which you can't), or if you could charge AA batts in a vape charger, which the Xtar VC4 can do.

I realize there's more to vaping than just batteries, but it's the most important part, and the most dangerous part, so it can't be overstated to study up on Ohm's Law and battery safety, because you can never be too careful. I never said you didn't know anything else about vapes, but if you didn't know about batteries (which is what it seemed like when I first posted) it would have been highly recommended not to try and build a mod. It wasn't ignorance, I was just trying to keep a noob safe.

and BTW, you obviously didn't research batteries or chargers too hard, because 3 seconds on Google would have answered your questions.

That's why I said I didn't want to sound like an ass, because I wasn't 100% sure how much you knew, so I stated the basics. I didn't mean to seem like I was condescending to you, but safety cannot be understated, so I put it out there whenever it seems fitting. Take it how you will, I'm just trying to keep everyone safe and happily vaping.

Google doesn't show results on using rechargeable batteries only regular AA batteries (one of the top hits is my post) hence the reason for me to post here.
I'm glad you showed some concern, without people like you people would quite evidently be making mistakes though assuming something before any indication isn't the way you should go about doing so.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No hard feelings man, just want everyone to be as safe as possible :). I should probably re-read some things before commenting, especially if I didn't fully get what was said, that's a habit that's hard to break. Hope your endeavor goes well, good luck with creating a mod.........I guess pics when done so we can see what you created :D

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of material are you using for your box? Regulated or unregulated? Series, parallel or single cell? What type of "vaping battery" will you be using? What will you be using for your 510?

@DED420 - I don't think you should be apologizing for your question and I don't think it warranted the response it received.

lacster

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What kind of material are you using for your box? Regulated or unregulated? Series, parallel or single cell? What type of "vaping battery" will you be using? What will you be using for your 510?

@DED420 - I don't think you should be apologizing for your question and I don't think it warranted the response it received.

Going to use wood for the box and we're going to build a unregulated mod. Once I find a battery to buy I'll decide what combination the cells will be set up.
My friend who I'm building this has quite a few 510 connectors we'll pick one that will work and fit best for our rba/rda.

He never asked a question, he was bringing out false facts. If he asked questions like you did then told me what he did, that would be understandable.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors