Become a Patron!

Can you buy Coil at local stores?

koreankid1993

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, im fairly new to vaping or RBAs and i was wondering can you buy coil at a place that sells coil? like home depot or lowes kind of stores?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello, im fairly new to vaping or RBAs and i was wondering can you buy coil at a place that sells coil? like home depot or lowes kind of stores?

No! You can probably buy kanthal at a vape store, or even have them make the coil for you. Best place to buy kanthal is online though :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Moving to coil area, there are some great threads in there about coil material:)

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just go to your local vape store and buy some kanthal. explain that you are new to coil building and ask them to show you how. its fairly simple. once you get that done check out some videos on youtube and get some kanthal from online. just make sure you build battery safe builds always.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh and as far as gauge a good starter gauge in my opinion is 26 gauge kanthal. that works very good for basic coils.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
In addition, if you don't have a regulated mod, get an Ohm reader too.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh yeah definitely get a ohm reader i just assumed you had one . if you are using a mechanical mod what type of batteries do you have?

koreankid1993

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah i have an ohm reader ive just been using clear tanks and decided that i wanted to move to the RBA side of things and learn how to use coils! but thank you for all the info! i will deff check out the coil section of the forums

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah i have an ohm reader ive just been using clear tanks and decided that i wanted to move to the RBA side of things and learn how to use coils! but thank you for all the info! i will deff check out the coil section of the forums
Check out http://www.steam-engine.org as well, especially in the coil build part, in the bottom left corner, click on "how it works". It explains more regarding heat flux and heat capacity, which comes in handy, in order to control the warmth of the vape.

VU Sponsors