Become a Patron!

Can you disable the VUBOT please???

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know the VUBOT has been discussed and normally it would not bother me. But anytime you do a search there are pages and pages of VUBOT posts and not very much actual useful posts. This is not very helpful for people searching for a specific topic or discussion.

And there is no way to put VUBOT on ignore since you can't ignore staff members.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't get spam by this bot and when I search, I only get 1 or two threads by the bot.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't get spam by this bot and when I search, I only get 1 or two threads by the bot.

Lucky you. The last few searches I did out of six pages I only got maybe 10 posts by actual members.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When I search, I only get 2 threads from the bot...hardly see him!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What are your search terms .. and how you mending since the op mate?

I can't really remember. But several searches I did the results were flooded with VUBOT posts.

And thanks for asking. Healing ok. Still a little weak and get some pain when using my hand. But the day to day constant pain is gone.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad to hear it. Can't be relying on those stock coils eh

Some members have mentioned that all they see in the New Post thread or something is the vubot but I only see it once or twice. I went to it's profile but you can't click ignore. Perhaps people who are having issues with it could go the the Suggestions section and ask for an ignore option to be added to it's profile

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
May I ask... what is the purpose of the VUBot? I've missed that post if there is one. I'd search for it, but I'm sure I'd likely get pages and pages of things to click through.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a messenger with some friends called Palringo and there are different types of bots on there that you can chat with lol. From a programming perspective they actually work pretty well

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
May I ask... what is the purpose of the VUBot? I've missed that post if there is one. I'd search for it, but I'm sure I'd likely get pages and pages of things to click through.
the vubot is a simple Rssfeed poster that is all.

maybe @Lucidious Rage could add an ignore option to the advanced search so we can ignore the bots post when we search.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I've never had any problems! VuBot doesn't bother me at all :p

VU Sponsors