Become a Patron!

Can you folks help me make this "Muffin Man" better?

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure what the protocol is on talking about this recipe. I got it off of e-liquid-recipes.com and it seems to be in the ballpark (or at least more than anything else I've tried). But here's what I used/did.........

Nic 100mg in 50/50 base 3% (I was aiming for 3mg nic? or did my calculation not come out correctly??)
PG 12.5%
VG 73.5%
Apple Pie (CAP) 2%
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) 5%
Double Apple (CAP) 4%
75/25 VG/PG

This went into a Vaporesso Estoc Mega tank using the .4 traditional clapton coils (cotton instead of ceramic for the wicking). I went back and forth between the real Muffin Man and the juice that I made in order to get my comparisons.

I made 60ml and it's okay. Compared to the real deal from One Hit Wonder it's probably about a 6.5/10. The hits seem inconsistent. I've shaken the heck out of it during the last week (made it 8 days ago) but I'm getting some hits that are like a dry muffin and there's not quite enough apple most of the time. But it's lurking and from time to time I'll take a vape and it's like the original but certainly with less sugar/sweetener.

For what it's worth, another juice I made seemed dry at times and most of the other juices lost flavor fairly quickly. I got my nic, vg and pg from ecig express. Not sure if that is impacting things?

Last edited:

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure what the protocol is on talking about this recipe. I got it off of e-liquid-recipes.com and it seems to be in the ballpark (or at least more than anything else I've tried). But here's what I used/did.........

Nic 100mg in 50/50 base 3% (I was aiming for 3mg nic? or did my calculation not come out correctly??)
PG 12.5%
VG 73.5%
Apple Pie (CAP) 2%
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) 5%
Double Apple (CAP) 4%
75/25 VG/PG

I made 60ml and it's okay. Compared to the real deal from One Hit Wonder it's probably about a 6.5/10. The hits seem inconsistent. I've shaken the heck out of it during the last week (made it 8 days ago) but I'm getting some hits that are like a dry muffin and there's not quite enough apple most of the time. But it's lurking and from time to time I'll take a vape and it's like the original but certainly with less sugar/sweetener.

For what it's worth, another juice I made seemed dry at times and most of the other juices lost flavor fairly quickly. I got my nic, vg and pg from ecig express. Not sure if that is impacting things?

Tank, RDA???? Could be your wicking is too tight for a higher level of VG. Need more info.

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tank, RDA???? Could be your wicking is too tight for a higher level of VG. Need more info.

I updated my post to include that info. Vaporesso Estoc Mega tank using the .4ohm traditional clapton coils (it uses cotton instead of ceramic for the wicking).

To me, it's funny reading the comments people make on recipes. Some said it was a great shake and vape. Some said give it a week, some said it took a month to shine. Plenty of peopley tweaked it but it got high praise all around. It's been 8 days and perhaps I need to give it another week or two to settle down.

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I updated my post to include that info. Vaporesso Estoc Mega tank using the .4ohm traditional clapton coils (it uses cotton instead of ceramic for the wicking).

To me, it's funny reading the comments people make on recipes. Some said it was a great shake and vape. Some said give it a week, some said it took a month to shine. Plenty of peopley tweaked it but it got high praise all around. It's been 8 days and perhaps I need to give it another week or two to settle down.

I am a very new mixer, but I don't see anything in your mix that would require extend steeping. Double check the flavors to see if one of them might have soured or in some way went bad. Your NIC amount looks right as far as I can tell too.

As far as whether it is close to the original mix, that is something I wouldn't know as I never sampled it before. Lots of recipes claim things that just aren't true.

gpjoe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a bit different than the real Muffin Man, but still very good, IMO. I vape it in a squonker or dripper (RDA).

I used the same recipe but made it max VG and added a dash of CAP Super Sweet, and love it after a good shake. Again, it is CLOSE but not an exact clone of Muffin Man, In fact, I like it well enough that once my stash of the original is gone, I will be perfectly happy vaping the DIY recipe.

I did consider adding a bit more of the Cinnamon Danish Swirl to get more cinnamon and icing, but don't really want to mess with a good thing too much. Maybe a small batch though...

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you seen Hics mcfried apple pie? It cost $3 and isn’t muffin man, but a relalistic fried apple pie. I ran out of juice while working in the yard and filled my tank with the mix that I swapped out the apple for flv apple filling And loved it. I like it fresh, but that bottle was a month old.

Just thought I’d throw it out there.

VU Sponsors