Become a Patron!

Can you help me identify this hybrid drip tip?

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey everybody-

I have a kayfun min v3. I love it. Ive been looking at getting a steamtuners clear cap
(http://www.steamtuners.gr/products/atomisers/kayfun-mini-v3/c95-tanks/182-clear-view-mini)

But i think the original topcap that comes stock with the mini v3 looks not that great on the aftermarket clear cap. see pic: one on right is original topcap on it
kayfun2.JPG

The driptip on the left is no ordinary drip tip, it must be hybrid. See the other driptips steamtuner sells for the mini v3 clear cap:

(http://www.steamtuners.gr/products/atomisers/kayfun-mini-v3/drp-tips)

Unfortunately, neither of these are the one shown in the picture above or this picture. I dont like the one's they are selling in the link above. Itd be really neat if somebody could identify this for me:
kayfun.JPG

I thought it would maybe be JMK tips but i checked his website, nada. That bore is perfect for me in the picture above. This is a huge shot in the dark, but its worth a try.
Just looking to pimp out my favorite atomizer:cool:

cheers guys & if youre thinking of giving this atty a shot, id say go for it all the way. Or the v5 if thats more your style. Thanks!!

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can see your dilemma. The one in the link is a tad short for my tastes. Seems it gonna be tough to find that type (hybrid with threading. )

Fortunately with all the Kayfun fans it might not be long till you see modders making them specifically for the new Kayfuns. Does Kayfun ( Svoemesto ) make adapters so you can use any 510?

Maybe there are other adapters out there that are compatable with the Steamtuners tops. Looks so beautiful....

I think my next RTA purchase will be a Mini V3.... I hear its amazing.

I just asked to join the Svoemesto FB page so I can find out more information. :)

I did find this , but its a set , not expensive though. Seems the Tsunami has the same type of DT and they sell this kit that comes with a little adapter so you can use reg 510. Dont know if this will work, but there has to be others. I hope more chime in with some suggestions.

I can understand why Svoemesto went with a specific DT. Ive had many RTA that have JC on the chimney and you turn the DT to adjust, but every once in a while the DT is not snug enough to get it to move and some people start to complain. I had that problem with my Odysseus's.

Youve got me curious since I see on in my future

Last edited:

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the reply! i will definitely checkout FB pages, i am continually reminded of my missing out by not participating in them. It seems to be where all of the newest modding happens.

It might simply be a steamtuners drip tip that is sold out. Its a foreign website, so its hard to contact them. But the driptip does remind me very much of JMK's work.

Ill look into an adapter, but actually the original topcap for the mini v3 is just that. The entire topcap is what is threaded into the tank, the drip tip is in fact removable, and 510. You could use the original topcap on the clear cap, like in the first picture on the right, and change the drip tip hypothetically. But i personally love the standard issue 510 driptip on the mini v3, thats not my problem. Im more-so asking because i like the minimalistic look of that hybrid tip on the clear cap, and the slightly exposed 'clear' section around the tip on the top, if you follow. without the original kayfun topcap.

Id have to check myself, but maybe the size of the threading for the driptip is common. It could be a hybrid tip not specifically made for the mini v3, it may just happen to fit it. I just wonder why steamtuners would sponsor it in their pictures without selling it or adding a link to it. I like the slightly longer drip-tips myself, shortys dont do it for me.

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ah yes! if thats not specifically it, its close enough for me anyway.

Only thing i noticed is- do you think that since the kayfun mini v3 is 19mm it will fit? its listed under kayfun 5 parts. Id have to do some research, but if they are in fact the same drip tip it would obviously work, because of the pictures above.

Unfortunately i cannot find much info on google

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Actually, looking at the pictures on the second link im not sure it would work on the mini v3:(

but youve steered me in the right direction, so thanks. Seems like all the compatible driptips have the same name, ittl make it alot easier searching, Thanks.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
good to hear.. hope it works out for you.. i think that it is the right track if not the actual tip in question. good luck and pass on if it leads to what you are looking for!

edit: maybe send a msg to them asking re the orig in the photo or if the K41 is compatible?

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Oh theres nothing to be sorry about- i have the same tank, just without that clear cap. But i see one in my future;)

Thanks for the help Foggz. i appreciate it! ill do more research on the kayfun 5 / kayfun mini v3 compatibility. Im sure ill find it, that link looks spot-on.

by the way- it preforms just as good as it looks:D Really nice atomizer. Easy removable deck, easy wicking, easy filling, juice ports ingeniously designed & placed.. the works. I highly suggest if you are familiar with kayfuns and like them. Or the kayfun 5, if direct lung hits are more your style. This gives a nice restricted lung hit, or a slightly more generous MTL.

VU Sponsors