Become a Patron!

Can you tell me again how to make a flavor bottle?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since I'm getting back in to vaping I want to do things differently. I want to make bottles of what I like so I can just mix a bottle of vape juice without taking out 8 bottles every time. Is this right?

X 0.5%
X2 0.05%
X3 1%
X4 2%

1. So this is a recipe. Do I just convert the percents to mls to make my bottle for this recipe? How do i measure that? I have a scale and am very confused at this point. I need help with this point. I know the percentage thing when making recipes but this dumbfounds me.

2. The total is 3.55. Would I use that as a percentage for every 10 ml?

Thanks

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes you turn the % into ml's. I don't use a scale, I use a syringe so for example:
2% FA Strawberry
1% FA Cookie

I would measure 2ml of Fa Strawberry, 1ml of Fa Cookie into a bottle. Then would mix at 3%. I use this calculator & input 3% into the flavor. You chose however many ml's you want to make.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just noticed the calculator I linked to above gives you the measurements for grams in weight also.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ELR will help make what they call a one shot. After you have entered the recipe and saved it you will see a wrench icon. Click on that and the first choice is "Make a one shot/concentrate". Just tell it how big of a bottle you want to make and ELR will give you the amount of each flavor you need to make it.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So using a scale and my above example I would just move the decimal point to increase the grams.

X 0.5%
X2 0.05%
X3 1%
X4 2%
Would equal:

5 grams
.5 grams
10 grams
20 grams
That would equate to mls, there abouts.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ELR will help make what they call a one shot. After you have entered the recipe and saved it you will see a wrench icon. Click on that and the first choice is "Make a one shot/concentrate". Just tell it how big of a bottle you want to make and ELR will give you the amount of each flavor you need to make it.

I went on there and registered. I click the wrench but don't see that option.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the help. This will help with my inventory too since I can project amounts more efficiently.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One more question. Once I mix the flavor bottle per ELR it tells me to mix the base at 8.75%. So if I have 30 grams of base does this mean I multiply the base, 30 in this case, times 8.75 for a value of 2.62. So the flavor percentage I would add to the 30 grams would be 2.62 grams for the proper taste?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Contined: 30 grams of base is 25 mls. Do I need to use mls to calculate the amount from the bottle to add?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got it. I subtract the bottle recipe amount from the base to equal to the total volume wanted. The site tells you that. This is a little tough for my brain.\

Sorry to bother.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ELR knows the specific gravity, ie grams/ml, for some, but not all of the flavors. Mostly FA, TFA, and Capella I think. The rest default to 1 gram/ml. What I do when I make a concentrate bottle is note the grams needed to make a 50ml bottle of mixed juice. When you have saved a recipe in ELR it will tell you the total ml, grams, and % used in the recipe to make your bottle size of mixed juice.

upload_2017-3-19_13-17-35.png
In the above example if I was going to mix a 50ml bottle from a one-shot of the above recipe I would add 3.86 grams of the one-shot to my base.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ELR knows the specific gravity, ie grams/ml, for some, but not all of the flavors. Mostly FA, TFA, and Capella I think. The rest default to 1 gram/ml. What I do when I make a concentrate bottle is note the grams needed to make a 50ml bottle of mixed juice. When you have saved a recipe in ELR it will tell you the total ml, grams, and % used in the recipe to make your bottle size of mixed juice.

View attachment 77291
In the above example if I was going to mix a 50ml bottle from a one-shot of the above recipe I would add 3.86 grams of the one-shot to my base.
But you subtract that weight of the one shot from the 50 ml total when adding your base, right?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Using the above example, I would add 3.86 grams of the one-shot then the base ingredients for the above recipe, but not the individual flavors as I have already added them using the one-shot.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Using the above example, I would add 3.86 grams of the one-shot then the base ingredients for the above recipe, but not the individual flavors as I have already added them using the one-shot.
Got that. Let me rephrase. In your example, 3.85 grams of one shot plus 50 mls of base?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got that. Let me rephrase. In your example, 3.85 grams of one shot plus 50 mls of base?
Again using my above example I would add the 3.86 grams of one-shot (3.85 ml), 1.55 grams of 100 mg nic in a PG base (1.5 ml), 10 grams of PG (9.65 ml), and 44.14 grams of VG (35 ml) which adds up to 46.15 ml of base plus 3.85 ml of the one-shot to equal 50 ml of finished juice.

I guess I was not clear in my definition of base. To me that is the nic, pg, and vg in whatever total I need to add to the amount of flavors. So for me I always mix 30/70 pg/vg and 3 mg so the only thing that changes is the pg depending on the amount of flavors used.

Last edited:

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They will cover anything from weight to mls to drops. Plus you can save all your flavors so you always know what you have. You can also input prices so you know how much it costs you to make even 1 bottle

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors