Become a Patron!

Candy Cane

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need the FW candy cane flavor in a recipe and don't have it. What can be a good subtitute for this ? What would you use as a near replacement ?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can't say I've ever tried the flavor myself. But traditional candy canes are a peppermint flavor.
So a peppermint could work, possibly with a sweetener to create the 'candy' part.

Failing that, you could *possibly* try a small amount of menthol with sweetener. All mints have menthol in them, it's what gives mint it's 'minty' taste, but I doubt it would taste anywhere close to using a peppermint flavor.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FW Candy Cane is pretty distinct. A peppermint with sweetener might get you in the ballpark but it won't be as good. That's probably one of the only FW flavors that I actually still buy.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FW Candy Cane is pretty distinct. A peppermint with sweetener might get you in the ballpark but it won't be as good. That's probably one of the only FW flavors that I actually still buy.
Maybe a touch of cream

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe a touch of cream

It's pretty cheap though getting it directly from FW (well, maybe not with shipping unless you are ordering a bunch of stuff). But I would just recommend getting it instead of trying to achieve something that's good to go the moment you receive it. Call me impatient..LOL

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's pretty cheap though getting it directly from FW (well, maybe not with shipping unless you are ordering a bunch of stuff). But I would just recommend getting it instead of trying to achieve something that's good to go the moment you receive it. Call me impatient..LOL
Oh absolutely, BullCity sells FW for cheap as well. Being impatient, you may want to try something while you wait for shipping.

VU Sponsors