Become a Patron!

Can't change coils on target pro.

Skieth

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello,
I want to change my coil on my target pro but cant uncrew my coil.
I already remove the tank glass but cnt remove my chimney.

Any tips how to remove it?

Thanks

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pliers..... with something in the jaws to protect stuff... I use a strip of tire tube.

Cold. Put atty in freezer for a few minutes.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Grab the base with a dish towel and pliers on the coil.
If the base still slips in your hand, go look for a strip of rubber like HondsDavidson said (never did get that name, those two companies never did like each other).

You can probably fit a small allen wrench through the airholes in the base for leverage if you can't grip it tight enough to unscrew the coil.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I already try pliers but no luck.

I try put in the freezer
Then 2 pliers. If it's slipping... if you just can't move it apply more twisting power or torque.

Became full nit to squeeze the pliers too tight. Some chimneys crush easily.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the base still slips in your hand, go look for a strip of rubber like HondsDavidson said (never did get that name, those two companies never did like each other).

You can probably fit a small allen wrench through the airholes in the base for leverage if you can't grip it tight enough to unscrew the coil.
Name is do to with i ride Honda motorcycles. One if which was Modified using a bunch of Harley parts by Harley mechanics at a Harley shop... think shaft driven Dyna. Or Harley that doesn't breakdown or leak oil.

Skieth

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I did everything. use allen wrench and pliers i can grip the chimney and can turn lowerbase from airflow but still I can't unscrew it. Before i can remove my chimney and can change the coil. But after putting some juice on each hole of my coil I can't open my it.

Its possible my juice broke my tank?

See my image i turn this counterclockwise with everything but still no luck

Attachments

• IMG_20170724_120350.jpg
    IMG_20170724_120350.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Skieth

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Then 2 pliers. If it's slipping... if you just can't move it apply more twisting power or torque.

Became full nit to squeeze the pliers too tight. Some chimneys crush easily.

Ok I will try more thanks :)

Skieth

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I give up can't change my coil :(
I tried everything until i broke my glass :(

Any suggestion for alternative tank for my target pro? Can fit a ccell coil?

VU Sponsors