Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's hilarious.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's truly sad is having to think twice(or more) about what we carry because of the way it may be perceived.

Chalk one up for the terrorists. The peeps do seem to be filled with terror.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's truly sad is having to think twice(or more) about what we carry because of the way it may be perceived.

Well quite. I have no great love for the TSA, and the very existence of that agency, what they do, and what they impose on the citizenry are the marks of a well-established dictatorship as far as I'm concerned. But... grenade-looking things? That didn't fly too well with airport security even before 9/11.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This site has to be a joke. A parody site of some kind. Say it is... It is, right? Nobody in his right mind can link to a Busardo video and say he fondles a hairy anus in it. I've had to go through a fair number of Busardo videos, and not once have I seen a hairy anus.
No, a real site. I laughed my ass off reading it.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well quite. I have no great love for the TSA, and the very existence of that agency, what they do, and what they impose on the citizenry are the marks of a well-established dictatorship as far as I'm concerned. But... grenade-looking things? That didn't fly too well with airport security even before 9/11.

I don't know. I don't think I would have thought twice about it if I packed around a "cool" grenade looking lighter and was flying off somewhere back in the day. I sure wouldn't have told a buddy, "I wouldn't take that thing to the airport if I was you" like I would now.

It just would not have crossed my mind back then that someone would be afraid of it.

419208582_725.jpg

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I agree with you. I used to fly with things you wouldn't believe in the 80s and 90s. Hell, I used to fly across the Atlantic with cardboard boxes full of Cadillac parts, some of which were still soaked in gasoline :) Nowadays, people self-censor and self-police themselves - which is sad, and which is how the terrorists have really won. Still, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have tried to bring a grenade-shaped lighter through airport security without at least telling them about it beforehand, even back then.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would not try to take something like that now, that's certainly true.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dude needs to use those clippers on them nails....
Oh my I think he does need to use them on his nails. Maybe he hasn't heard of nail clippers. I feel like I should write him atleast clean under them if you can't clip them for 10lb baby Jesus sake

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[...]Maybe he hasn't heard of nail clippers.[...]

Oh, he has: if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that a vaper who builds his own coils *always* carries a nail clipper around :) Honestly, I've never met a vaper who doesn't have one. Nail clippers are to advanced vapers what lighters are to smokers.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Yeah... I'm thinking that packing something that looks very much like a grenade would have caused problems long before 9/11...

I think that the big difference is that before 9/11 you'd demonstrate what it was and could probably get through security with it.

Last edited:

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
He doesn't look like an advanced vaper though. Lol.
Why was he holding his mod with a rag? Because it was too hot? That really scares me.
Oh, he has: if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that a vaper who builds his own coils *always* carries a nail clipper around :) Honestly, I've never met a vaper who doesn't have one. Nail clippers are to advanced vapers what lighters are to smokers.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, a real site. I laughed my ass off reading it.
No DAMNIT stop laughing right the fuck now!!
That shit should send icy fingers of dread down your spine that these so called righteous and pious folk are filled with that much stupidity and hatred. Those misguided fools are all around us, they are in the government and are just the prime antz fuel.
It reminds me of that sow from wife swap years ago..

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't surprise me the slightest bit that that is a real site.
The world is full of paranoid egotistical wackos and nut jobs, the internet just makes their voice easier to hear.

Not to offend anybody, but as far as I'm concerned all religion is a farce. No different from a modern day cult except that you don't commit suicide. It is just something invented by man to give people something to believe in when times are tough because feeling like you have no control or nothing to live for can easily result in severe psychological breakdown.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
because feeling like you have no control or nothing to live for can easily result in severe psychological breakdown.
I was following you right up to the portion above... a common theme in religion is predestination which actually transfers control of your life to whatever spiritual entity is being worshipped. That's why you hear so much of "It's God's plan", "If God wills it", "God will make it so", and don't forget the thanking of God for every positive thing that happens in ones life, while ascribing everything that is bad or undesired to "God's plan".

@franciscan your turn ;) the advocate in me has spoken :D

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's kinda what I mean. I couldn't really think of a good way to sum it up into one line.
A busy work week combined with not sleeping good has left my mind a bit foggy.

Lack of something to believe in for positive mental reinforcement. It's easier to fall back on religion to say and accept "it's part of god's plan" when something bad happens then to think something like "why is this happening? My life is crumbling around me and I have nothing to live for" which results in depression. The internet is filled with stories of people 'finding religion' to help ease their suffering and depression when times are bad.

Don't get me wrong, I am completely open to learning and knowledge. I was born and baptized a christian and went to church as a child every Sunday and all my family is christian. But my mind is pretty much hardwired to refuse acceptance of something that can't be (theoretically) proven so I just could never get into religion. I am agnostic, god(s) might exist or might not.

I still remember the shocked and very confused look on the reverend's face when I was a child and asked at church "Wouldn't satan have to be just as powerful as god? Otherwise the world would be all good or all evil". He really couldn't think of an answer and my mother was quite embarrassed.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I was following you right up to the portion above... a common theme in religion is predestination which actually transfers control of your life to whatever spiritual entity is being worshipped. That's why you hear so much of "It's God's plan", "If God wills it", "God will make it so", and don't forget the thanking of God for every positive thing that happens in ones life, while ascribing everything that is bad or undesired to "God's plan".

Religion more often than not IS a farce. As a Franciscan, my words mean very little...it is how I VISIBLY LIVE my life that is a reflection of the desires of God for His people. Merely responding with "It is His will", or "It is God's plan" or "Trust in God" is inadequate....WOEFULLY inadequate. People need to SEE in a very dynamic and tactile way...HOW this Plan is working...and this can only be achieved through the testimonies and witness of those who's lives have been touched!! This is not a purely Christian thing......it is a SPIRITUAL change of life.
I wont go into it here....that is not the purpose of this thread...I have made a thread just for this purpose. We all struggle and fail...we are designed that way....what is the difference is how much of the world we let control us.

Pax Et Bonum

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My thought is that if someone takes a mod shaped like explosives to the airport, they are hiding something about them selves and asking for a cavity search. Does a TSA worker listen if you say, oh, us, little to the left please?

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Religion more often than not IS a farce. As a Franciscan, my words mean very little...it is how I VISIBLY LIVE my life that is a reflection of the desires of God for His people. Merely responding with "It is His will", or "It is God's plan" or "Trust in God" is inadequate....WOEFULLY inadequate. People need to SEE in a very dynamic and tactile way...HOW this Plan is working...and this can only be achieved through the testimonies and witness of those who's lives have been touched!! This is not a purely Christian thing......it is a SPIRITUAL change of life.
I wont go into it here....that is not the purpose of this thread...I have made a thread just for this purpose. We all struggle and fail...we are designed that way....what is the difference is how much of the world we let control us.

Pax Et Bonum

You speak of a spiritual change in life. Many people do not realize spirituality and religion go hand and hand. However, one does not have to be religious to be spiritual. Balance harmony love compassion and self awareness are well respected quality in most every religious sect, but someone such as a doaist. Can be spiritual and they have no deity or actual religious beliefs, but they are some of the most spiritual people you could meet.

Last edited:

CosmicVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol that website is hilarious, people are so strange in today's world...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

And all of that is BS to a true Christian.. Religious club? No, but they arent true ..

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No DAMNIT stop laughing right the fuck now!!
That shit should send icy fingers of dread down your spine that these so called righteous and pious folk are filled with that much stupidity and hatred. Those misguided fools are all around us, they are in the government and are just the prime antz fuel.
It reminds me of that sow from wife swap years ago..
Not a real site...

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't surprise me the slightest bit that that is a real site.
The world is full of paranoid egotistical wackos and nut jobs, the internet just makes their voice easier to hear.

Not to offend anybody, but as far as I'm concerned all religion is a farce. No different from a modern day cult except that you don't commit suicide. It is just something invented by man to give people something to believe in when times are tough because feeling like you have no control or nothing to live for can easily result in severe psychological breakdown.
Not a real site.. The whole thing, even the Intro Page linked here, is satirical.

Yes, I will say it a thousand times.. Dont people GOOGLE anymore?

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's kinda what I mean. I couldn't really think of a good way to sum it up into one line.
A busy work week combined with not sleeping good has left my mind a bit foggy.

Lack of something to believe in for positive mental reinforcement. It's easier to fall back on religion to say and accept "it's part of god's plan" when something bad happens then to think something like "why is this happening? My life is crumbling around me and I have nothing to live for" which results in depression. The internet is filled with stories of people 'finding religion' to help ease their suffering and depression when times are bad.

Don't get me wrong, I am completely open to learning and knowledge. I was born and baptized a christian and went to church as a child every Sunday and all my family is christian. But my mind is pretty much hardwired to refuse acceptance of something that can't be (theoretically) proven so I just could never get into religion. I am agnostic, god(s) might exist or might not.

I still remember the shocked and very confused look on the reverend's face when I was a child and asked at church "Wouldn't satan have to be just as powerful as god? Otherwise the world would be all good or all evil". He really couldn't think of an answer and my mother was quite embarrassed.
Then you need to learn more.. Yes, I'm sorry you got your info from the 'pious religious', but in reality, thats not the way things work.. or at least, should work if they really were on a walk under Grace.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not a real site.. The whole thing, even the Intro Page linked here, is satirical.

Yes, I will say it a thousand times.. Dont people GOOGLE anymore?

Can say it all you want. Although IMO, one post pointing out it's fake is enough, no need for a thousand (or even 5, lol).

Not concerned enough about it to really care if it is real or fake.
My main point still stands "The world is full of paranoid egotistical wackos and nut jobs, the internet just makes their voice easier to hear."

VU Sponsors