Become a Patron!

Capella apple pie v1 unavailable?

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So... I'm wondering if all the v1 flavors are going to be discontinued now. Capella ap v1 is literally wiped from every online company I've shopped at. :(

Anyone know what's going on?

I literally gag when I vape v2 (butyric acid) flavorings.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I lost my temper over the v1 apple pie. It's a building block for many of my recipes and v1 custard is also a must have lol.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Heck, in that case, buy it direct from the manufacturer and save $383.04 :bliss:

http://www.capellaflavors.com/products/apple-pie-flavor-concentrate-gallon.html

Ron
---
"Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy."- Lao Tzu

Yep, when in doubt, leap-frog the middle man. If Capella's got gallons, there's probably no reason to get panicky, especially regarding a flavor as...prolific as apple pie. Still, it is strange how that particular flavor has vanished from the vendors' sites.

Does anyone else find it strange that Capella apparently refuses to acknowledge vaping anywhere on their web site? REALLY?! Sort their products by Best Selling and what do you see...Sweet Strawberry, Vanilla Custard V1, Vanilla Custard V2. Are that many people really using VC1 to flavor their coffee? Nah...us DIY'ers put those fuckin' flavors on the map. Flavor West acknowledges us. TFA acknowledges us. Flavorah, Flavourart, Hangsen, Inawera and a slew of others cater specifically to us, so why the Bastard Stepchild treatment from Capella? I can understand why we get that from Lorann, they have to protect their ass since most of their shit isn't safe for vaping, but EVERY DIY'er has bought Capella at some point. A little acknowledgement would be nice.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep, when in doubt, leap-frog the middle man. If Capella's got gallons, there's probably no reason to get panicky, especially regarding a flavor as...prolific as apple pie. Still, it is strange how that particular flavor has vanished from the vendors' sites.

Does anyone else find it strange that Capella apparently refuses to acknowledge vaping anywhere on their web site? REALLY?! Sort their products by Best Selling and what do you see...Sweet Strawberry, Vanilla Custard V1, Vanilla Custard V2. Are that many people really using VC1 to flavor their coffee? Nah...us DIY'ers put those fuckin' flavors on the map. Flavor West acknowledges us. TFA acknowledges us. Flavorah, Flavourart, Hangsen, Inawera and a slew of others cater specifically to us, so why the Bastard Stepchild treatment from Capella? A little acknowledgement would be nice.

Amen, I couldn't agree more! I feel the same way.

A vendor told me this morning that some of the capella v1 versions are being discontinued. This makes me sad because v1 just tastes more authentic imo.

I hope this isn't some regulatory d/ap scare tactic bull...if tfa and fw get on the bandwagon and discontinue their v1 flavorings soon too then I'm going to be very disappointed. :(

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
13 ml, 4 and 16 oz sizes available too, but $19.95 for 4 oz seems a little, er, "steep" when Nicotine River is selling 4 oz Capella for $12.49.

Nicotine river only has the apple pie v2 version now as well. I may end up tryimg a small bottle of the v2 since v1 has been phased out. I just hope it doesn't have that vomit smell that most v2 flavorings have lol. :D

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nicotine river only has the apple pie v2 version now as well. I may end up tryimg a small bottle of the v2 since v1 has been phased out. I just hope it doesn't have that vomit smell that most v2 flavorings have lol. :D

This will end up working out for you. Lots of folks (I'm not one of them, unfortunately) are very talented at working with the V2s. If you don't like it, FA, TFA, FW and others have apple pie flavors you can try as well. FA's is excellent. You will probably end up with something you like even better.

Life is change. Don't become dependent on any one thing, especially from a company run by fuckers who refuse to acknowledge a huge segment of their customer base. I have 56 recipes in rotation that use CAP VC1. If that flavor disappears tomorrow, I will make those recipes work with something else. I already know how to use TFA VC in its place, and there are other options as well. For example, Wonder Flavours Vanilla Ruyan Custard has a very similar basic profile, and could be easily modified (Ruyan elements removed) into a clone. Actually, if VC1 were to disappear, a dozen flavor companies would jump in with clones to milk the Vanilla Custard Cash Cow, and chances are high at least one of them will come up with something Even Better. Upsets like that usually result in improvements after a brief period of instability, so it's all good. Yes, it will not be the Same, it will eventually end up being Better.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This will end up working out for you. Lots of folks (I'm not one of them, unfortunately) are very talented at working with the V2s. If you don't like it, FA, TFA, FW and others have apple pie flavors you can try as well. FA's is excellent. You will probably end up with something you like even better.

Life is change. Don't become dependent on any one thing, especially from a company run by fuckers who refuse to acknowledge a huge segment of their customer base. I have 56 recipes in rotation that use CAP VC1. If that flavor disappears tomorrow, I will make those recipes work with something else. I already know how to use TFA VC in its place, and there are other options as well. For example, Wonder Flavours Vanilla Ruyan Custard has a very similar basic profile, and could be easily modified (Ruyan elements removed) into a clone. Actually, if VC1 were to disappear, a dozen flavor companies would jump in with clones to milk the Vanilla Custard Cash Cow, and chances are high at least one of them will come up with something Even Better. Upsets like that usually result in improvements after a brief period of instability, so it's all good. Yes, it will not be the Same, it will eventually end up being Better.

I'm not good with v2 flavors either lol, I went ahead and ordered 4 oz each of cap ny cheesecake, apple pie, and the v1 sugar cookie. I still have some cin dan swirl, glazed doughnut, and vanilla custard in my stash but I'll be getting 4 oz of those as well next payday.

That's very true though, and I'm not knocking the v2 flavors but my mixes with them have been kinda gross lol. Tfa vanilla swirl to me though is very good.

Speaking of vc1, I like to mix tfa and caps equally to make a tasty custard base. :)

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not good with v2 flavors either lol, I went ahead and ordered 4 oz each of cap ny cheesecake, apple pie, and the v1 sugar cookie. I still have some cin dan swirl, glazed doughnut, and vanilla custard in my stash but I'll be getting 4 oz of those as well next payday.

That's very true though, and I'm not knocking the v2 flavors but my mixes with them have been kinda gross lol. Tfa vanilla swirl to me though is very good.

Speaking of vc1, I like to mix tfa and caps equally to make a tasty custard base. :)
In some recipes I use CAP and TFA interchangeably. Vaping them solo, the differences I've noticed are the TFA is stronger, "spicier" (some might call it peppery in the same way TFA VBIC is if used at too high a percentage), somewhat less eggy with a more forward vanilla, and it has light throat hit, where the CAP is more velvety smooth, but also lighter on flavor overall. I think people favor CAP simply because it's the kinder gentler VC, but I like TFA's somewhat bolder approach. I think you could get away with lower percentages of TFA. If you want to get it closer to that smoothness of CAP VC1, TFA VC combines really well with Flavor West Sweet Cream (I repeat, Flavor West Sweet Cream, not the CAP/TFA versions), but if you're a V2 type, you will not appreciate the Diketone madness of that combo. :)

TFA Vanilla Swirl is a good flavor. I use a surprisingly large amount of the stuff, but I don't find it similar to either Vanilla Custard or CAP VC2. I have yet to figure out CAP V2. I don't really notice any off flavors from it (the vomit people mention), but when I try to sub it for diketone VC, the results come out flat, one dimensional. I don't know if it's muting other flavors, or if it just lacks notes the diketone VCs have, but it doesn't bring me to a point of satisfaction.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In some recipes I use CAP and TFA interchangeably. Vaping them solo, the differences I've noticed are the TFA is stronger, "spicier" (some might call it peppery in the same way TFA VBIC is if used at too high a percentage), somewhat less eggy with a more forward vanilla, and it has light throat hit, where the CAP is more velvety smooth, but also lighter on flavor overall. I think people favor CAP simply because it's the kinder gentler VC, but I like TFA's somewhat bolder approach. I think you could get away with lower percentages of TFA. If you want to get it closer to that smoothness of CAP VC1, TFA VC combines really well with Flavor West Sweet Cream (I repeat, Flavor West Sweet Cream, not the CAP/TFA versions), but if you're a V2 type, you will not appreciate the Diketone madness of that combo. :)

TFA Vanilla Swirl is a good flavor. I use a surprisingly large amount of the stuff, but I don't find it similar to either Vanilla Custard or CAP VC2. I have yet to figure out CAP V2. I don't really notice any off flavors from it (the vomit people mention), but when I try to sub it for diketone VC, the results come out flat, one dimensional. I don't know if it's muting other flavors, or if it just lacks notes the diketone VCs have, but it doesn't bring me to a point of satisfaction.

I'm this way with all the v2 flavorings I've tried also, they just don't have the same "rich thickness" that I get with the v1 versions. They are flat, and don't have the same throat feel. That's just my own opinion lol.

I'll just keep using the v1's as long as they are available. And speaking of...I've not tried the fw version of sweet cream yet, but I will add it to my next order to try. I love their blueberry graham waffle.

Thanks so much for the custard tips, I'm the same in that I enjoy both v1 flavors. They each add something special to a mix. :D

I have some fa apple pie that I need to play with. :cool:

VU Sponsors