Become a Patron!

Capella vs MT. Bakers

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually stick with Capella as I can guarantee I won't have wasted my money on yet another chemical tasting flavour. But recently I'm finding all its flavours are starting to taste the same - nearly. Obviously strong stuff like Boston Cream Pie will always have its own taste but flavs like butter, custard, cake batter etc seem to be emalgamating into one taste on my buds.

I've heard good things about MT Bakers. How does it compare to Capella? I don't know of any that get the thumbs up as much as them.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Like comparing HP with Porsche.
Mt. Baker is a juice company not a flavoring company and they flavors they do sell are Flavors west rebottled.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mt. Baker is a juice company not a flavoring company and they flavors they do sell are Flavors west rebottled.
@BigNasty Thanks. I see. I did not know that. I don't like FW. They're half the price of Capella over here too.

I'll take the Porsche btw

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've seen others say this same thing...however I have a bottle of Mt. Baker Cinnamon Roll flavoring and a bottle of Flavor West Cinnamon Roll flavoring and they are not anything alike. Is it possible they use a couple different vendors? I can say with 100% certainty that this bottle of Mt. Baker Cinnamon Roll Ejuice Flavoring is not Flavor West re-bottled.
As to the OP's question...going from Capella flavors to Mt. Baker's would be like having a Cadillac, and trading it in on a used Kia. Not the best analogy, but I'm sure you get the idea. How about trying out some FlavourArt flavors? I've had good luck with those myself. Plus they use very, very low percentages for most of the flavors, so you end up getting more for your money.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MB's juices are a crap shoot, most of them need a two-three week steep (or longer) when you get them. Their flavorings are the same, most very weak in comparison to FA or CAPS and the like. I only mix with them because I ordered a butt-load when I first started DIY and I don't want to toss them, but it does take a much larger percentage to get a good flavor in the juice. We locked horns recently over their popular "Moo Juice" flavoring. No matter how high/low the percentage is, that stuff tastes like melted plastic with windex mixed in.....:eek:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've seen others say this same thing...however I have a bottle of Mt. Baker Cinnamon Roll flavoring and a bottle of Flavor West Cinnamon Roll flavoring and they are not anything alike. Is it possible they use a couple different vendors? I can say with 100% certainty that this bottle of Mt. Baker Cinnamon Roll Ejuice Flavoring is not Flavor West re-bottled.
As to the OP's question...going from Capella flavors to Mt. Baker's would be like having a Cadillac, and trading it in on a used Kia. Not the best analogy, but I'm sure you get the idea. How about trying out some FlavourArt flavors? I've had good luck with those myself. Plus they use very, very low percentages for most of the flavors, so you end up getting more for your money.
More like going from Cadi to a Amish push bike.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll probably try FA as they're a good price. Another thing is we have quite a few Capella sellers here but they don't all taste the same. Most do. I've ried 3 different sellers. 2 are very good. but the third's tastes really bad. I bought Caps vanilla custard from them. and it smells awful. They're called Vapable but their juice isn't.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll probably try FA as they're a good price. Another thing is we have quite a few Capella sellers here but they don't all taste the same. Most do. I've ried 3 different sellers. 2 are very good. but the third's tastes really bad. I bought Caps vanilla custard from them. and it smells awful. They're called Vapable but their juice isn't.
Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but there is two different Cap's Vanilla Custard, possibly they gave you a different version? It's also possibly they may have some old stock, bad batches, or could even be selling a different vendor's juice as Caps...who knows. I would stay away from them though if you know they have junk. Best of luck in moving on to some different vendors flavorings!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but there is two different Cap's Vanilla Custard, possibly they gave you a different version? It's also possibly they may have some old stock, bad batches, or could even be selling a different vendor's juice as Caps...who knows. I would stay away from them though if you know they have junk. Best of luck in moving on to some different vendors flavorings!
Well I've tried both version 1 and 2. It's not that. I think it might not be Capella but I don't think a vendor would do that? Vendors are too highly scrutinised here to make running a scam worthwhile unless you intend on shutting down your business. But their juice is rebottled. Like if you buy 100ml it'll come in a number of smaller bottles. I guess it's either a bad batch that they bought on the cheap.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had very good luck with RTS Vapes and Wizard Labs. Pure Vapes is good too.

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I usually stick with Capella as I can guarantee I won't have wasted my money on yet another chemical tasting flavour. But recently I'm finding all its flavours are starting to taste the same - nearly. Obviously strong stuff like Boston Cream Pie will always have its own taste but flavs like butter, custard, cake batter etc seem to be emalgamating into one taste on my buds.

I've heard good things about MT Bakers. How does it compare to Capella? I don't know of any that get the thumbs up as much as them.
I would caution you AGAINST Mt Baker Vapor ejuice; it's cheap tasting because it's cheaply made. The best Gourmet Ejuice vendors spend much more money buying true quality PG, VG, and even blend their own NET tobacco. What an amazing difference better quality makes. I started out on my ONLINE vaping journey buying many Mt Baker Vapor flavors; even sticking to their best sellers. Out of the over 59+ flavors I bought, only 3 or 4 are even vapable. Moo Juice, Blu Moo, Butterscotch Candy, and Cinnamon Roll mixed with Sticky Bun, are ok. Butterscotch and Blu Moo are good, but order 3 extra flavor shots in 50/50.

I've switched to Nicoticket, and have not bought any bad eliquid from this company that won AWARDS the past 2 years for best eliquid in every category!
1. Custards Last Stand -best desert
2. Wakonda -best overall ejuice
3. The Virus - best tobacco
4. Betelguise - best fruit
5. Grandma's Cinnamon Danish - best bakery
6. Absolute Creme Brulee is tied for best unusual eliquid

I also really like Five Pawns Grandmaster - it's a complex blend of Peanut Butter, Banana, and secret notes of deliciousness!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also really like Five Pawns Grandmaster - it's a complex blend of Peanut Butter, Banana, and secret notes of deliciousness!
now there's a thing. I gave up mixing banana as it always came out too rough for me. So a few weeks ago I said what the heck and mixed the rest of my banana con with peanut butter - and a little custard for creaminess and after steeping I began vaping it last night. I haven't stopped since. It's really really nice.

"Grandma's Cinnamon Danish - best bakery"
I love all things bakery. if you turn the wattage up high it tastes like it's just come out of the oven.

I've been mixing for 2 years and tried many vendors. I have so many flav cons gathering dust which I should just cut my loses and bin. So am cautious now. I'm in the uk so choice is limited. Their are many premium brands available but not many offered in bulk. They're usually sold at high prices in 10 - 20ml sizes.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I use some of mt baker flavorings and I don't have an issue. I'm only using things like juicy fruit, guava, 555....mostly fruity stuff, and I like it.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had very good luck with RTS Vapes and Wizard Labs. Pure Vapes is good too.
Wizard labs is consistently good. The shipping is crazy expensive so I'd order a bunch of big stuff...their VG and VG based nic liquid is on point. All the flavorings are great too as they offer several top brand flavorings

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that's why I don't ask for vendor links on here - just companies and names as I might find them reselling locally

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Brighton. on england's south coast
Wow! Ya know, I've never left my country....don't even have a passport. One day....yeah, so I've tried loads of vendors and wizard labs is tops! Also, one guy on here has a website: www.mamasjuice.com his prices are great, and he offers a great selection of flavorings. Try there first.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that's why I don't ask for vendor links on here - just companies and names as I might find them reselling locally
That makes sense. I just know mamasjuice is consistent as well. Lots of rave reviews. And easily accessible if you need them.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And sometimes its just best to order from an online store that has consistent product. I get that u wanna go local as much as you can cuz its easier, but if you are buying one brand and not getting the same taste from the same flavor....go for what's good online.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! Ya know, I've never left my country....don't even have a passport. One day....yeah, so I've tried loads of vendors and wizard labs is tops! Also, one guy on here has a website: www.mamasjuice.com his prices are great, and he offers a great selection of flavorings. Try there first.
it's the shipping and sometimes import duties that negate the cost savings of buying outside the e.u. I'd love to buy from Capella's US site as they offer a better range of flavours but after taxes etc the risk of being hit at customs can make it more expensive. Some international sellers participate in a program for private buyers (as in for personal use only) which relieves the buyer of duties etc. I can't remember what it's called off hand.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it's the shipping and sometimes import duties that negate the cost savings of buying outside the e.u. I'd love to buy from Capella's US site as they offer a better range of flavours but after taxes etc the risk of being hit at customs can make it more expensive. Some international sellers participate in a program for private buyers (as in for personal use only) which relieves the buyer of duties etc. I can't remember what it's called off hand.
I totally get it. There's a candy I love that I have to order from e.u.....MAOAM chews...you know them? Made by haribo? Anyway, the shipping and customs make it expensive, and it takes soooooo long! Hmmmm I would be interested to know about that program u are talking about too...sounds awesome!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And sometimes its just best to order from an online store that has consistent product. I get that u wanna go local as much as you can cuz its easier, but if you are buying one brand and not getting the same taste from the same flavor....go for what's good online.
funny thing is I used to buy flavs from T.Wicked. sex on the beach, and pecan pie. But they both at different times suddenly went sh*te. It wasn't just me. Others found the same thing. Obviously they changed their supplier. As for Capella I think my tastes buds have just got too used to it.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I totally get it. There's a candy I love that I have to order from e.u.....MAOAM chews...you know them? Made by haribo? Anyway, the shipping and customs make it expensive, and it takes soooooo long! Hmmmm I would be interested to know about that program u are talking about too...sounds awesome!
I know haribo. throw back to school days.
I'll look up that program/scheme later and post it. I came across it from a parts vendor - digikey. It's worth asking vendors if they participate in it. Not many are interested in it as it requires professional business skills and an effort (sarcasm implied).

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
funny thing is I used to buy flavs from T.Wicked. sex on the beach, and pecan pie. But they both at different times suddenly went sh*te. It wasn't just me. Others found the same thing. Obviously they changed their supplier. As for Capella I think my tastes buds have just got too used to it.
It happens. You get fatigued to the smell and ultimately the flavor of things. You need to switch it up. Like get out of one flavor profile/type and go to something different. See I like fruits and tobaccos. Cherry tobacco is my main vape. If I lose the taste, I switch to something like guava or an orange crème.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know haribo. throw back to school days.
I'll look up that program/scheme later and post it. I came across it from a parts vendor - digikey. It's worth asking vendors if they participate in it. Not many are interested in it as it requires professional business skills and an effort (sarcasm implied).
Haha! I feel ya on that, for sure

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It happens. You get fatigued to the smell and ultimately the flavor of things. You need to switch it up. Like get out of one flavor profile/type and go to something different. See I like fruits and tobaccos. Cherry tobacco is my main vape. If I lose the taste, I switch to something like guava or an orange crème.
me too. i have contrasting flavours to combat vapers tongue. chocolate usually does it.

btw, that scheme is free for vendors to join and is called the Global Shipping Programme where they pay taxes up front. it's cheaper that way else you get a hefty charge + handling charges on top

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've never had cappella, but I have had Mt Baker,
Out of the 15 juices I tried 1 was barely vapeable to me. The others all tasted like a port-o-let.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Hobby Kid, I see most people using Capella's at pretty high %, at least to me. When I mix those, thick, buttery, creamy flavors, I have to drop them down quite a bit. I understand the "tasting the same" that you're talking about.

Does anyone know if Bull City Vapor (@Roundhouse) or EliquidMart ship internationally? If you want to look into MamaJ's juice, on his site, he is going to be shipping internationally soon, if not already. He's got FA and also some pre-mixed flavor bases that are wonderful!

Where the hell you been, btw??

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I been getting flavors from mt baker vapor the last few orders. There ok... Kinda weak in flavor. I usually dont spend extra money on "flavor shot" i just figure the original juice should have good flavor. But i guess thats why they give you the option. Lol

I can never let mu juice steep. I need to get extra sometime to put aside. But I split a 30ml bottle this time and threw one in my night stand to steep. See if it helps.

I like there 555 tobacco. Its got the earthy tone. With a sweet chocolate it taste like to me.

Right now I have there banana gone nuts and the admiral berry crunch. Shit smells just like berry captian crunch. The flavor isnt all there yet

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
now there's a thing. I gave up mixing banana as it always came out too rough for me. So a few weeks ago I said what the heck and mixed the rest of my banana con with peanut butter - and a little custard for creaminess and after steeping I began vaping it last night. I haven't stopped since. It's really really nice.

"Grandma's Cinnamon Danish - best bakery"
I love all things bakery. if you turn the wattage up high it tastes like it's just come out of the oven.

I've been mixing for 2 years and tried many vendors. I have so many flav cons gathering dust which I should just cut my loses and bin. So am cautious now. I'm in the uk so choice is limited. Their are many premium brands available but not many offered in bulk. They're usually sold at high prices in 10 - 20ml sizes.
Nicoticket sells 120ml bottles, but I always buy the 60ml bottles for $33, and shipping is free for purchases over $50, but I'm not sure about shipping charges to the UK. That's the bad thing about Five Pawns; only 30ml bottles for $27 each, so I treat myself to just one bottle every few months. I have to steep the banana flavor at least two months and JUST began vaping it last night...it's sooo good.

Your banana custard sounds good; I love bakery flavors, too. I just don't like real fruity vapes.

I don't DYI, but I mix flavors. It's amazing what a good vanilla custard and good basic vanilla can do. I've wanted to try Grant's Custard from the UK; I've heard it's top notch.

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a friend who DYI's eliquid and he talks about Lorann flavorings. There's a huge DYI community on ECF, and they're always exchanging recipes...

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never had cappella, but I have had Mt Baker,
Out of the 15 juices I tried 1 was barely vapeable to me. The others all tasted like a port-o-let.
I wish Mt Baker had great juices, because they have the lowest prices. I have so many bottles from them in my sack of shame. I like their Moo Juice, but their bakery flavors are terrible. The banana cream pie literally tasted like vomit.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would caution you AGAINST Mt Baker Vapor ejuice; it's cheap tasting because it's cheaply made. The best Gourmet Ejuice vendors spend much more money buying true quality PG, VG, and even blend their own NET tobacco. What an amazing difference better quality makes. I started out on my ONLINE vaping journey buying many Mt Baker Vapor flavors; even sticking to their best sellers. Out of the over 59+ flavors I bought, only 3 or 4 are even vapable. Moo Juice, Blu Moo, Butterscotch Candy, and Cinnamon Roll mixed with Sticky Bun, are ok. Butterscotch and Blu Moo are good, but order 3 extra flavor shots in 50/50.

I've switched to Nicoticket, and have not bought any bad eliquid from this company that won AWARDS the past 2 years for best eliquid in every category!
1. Custards Last Stand -best desert
2. Wakonda -best overall ejuice
3. The Virus - best tobacco
4. Betelguise - best fruit
6. Absolute Creme Brulee is tied for best unusual eliquid

I'm feeling Ya on the Mt. Baker. I ordered a buttload of their flavors too, and only a handful are worth using. I am trying to use them up to keep from wasting the money I laid out, but in all honesty the only good ones are their RY4, maple pecan, and creme de menthe. The moo juice flavoring thoroughly SUCKS, but I haven't tried the juice pre-made. I have to use twice what a recipe calls for when I use their flavors just to get close to the flavor I'm shooting for. I will say their Cinnatoast Munch is really good, it's a spot on match to the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Hobby Kid, I see most people using Capella's at pretty high %, at least to me. When I mix those, thick, buttery, creamy flavors, I have to drop them down quite a bit. I understand the "tasting the same" that you're talking about.

Does anyone know if Bull City Vapor (@Roundhouse) or EliquidMart ship internationally? If you want to look into MamaJ's juice, on his site, he is going to be shipping internationally soon, if not already. He's got FA and also some pre-mixed flavor bases that are wonderful!

Where the hell you been, btw??
hey huck! I did put up a post in my mods profile section that explains stuff. no drama. just busy.

Anyway going by what everyone is saying, I guess I heard wrong about mt bakers. I thought I heard good things about them mentioned on the saturday night broadcast of Mod Envy. but I'm usually preoccupied whilst I have that on. So I guess I heard wrong. Yes we do have FA here @Amanda. Don't you have in there? we also have a lot of the perfumers apprentice but, well, it tastes like perfume tbh.

@starrelabelletxlady 'sack of shame' lol

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicoticket sells 120ml bottles, but I always buy the 60ml bottles for $33, and shipping is free for purchases over $50, but I'm not sure about shipping charges to the UK. That's the bad thing about Five Pawns; only 30ml bottles for $27 each, so I treat myself to just one bottle every few months. I have to steep the banana flavor at least two months and JUST began vaping it last night...it's sooo good.

Your banana custard sounds good; I love bakery flavors, too. I just don't like real fruity vapes.

I don't DYI, but I mix flavors. It's amazing what a good vanilla custard and good basic vanilla can do. I've wanted to try Grant's Custard from the UK; I've heard it's top notch.
One of these days i am gonna try five pawns for a treat. The price just make me believe its going to be great! But expensive doesn't always mean great I suppose.

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think mt baker has some decent flavors. You just need to find what you like.

http://upnvape.myshopify.com/
Max VG I believe all there stuff is. I had a cinnamon apple I enjoyed from here, had to steep a month or so though.

http://ejuices.com/
This place has all the popular eliquids at normal prices with free shipping. Just incase you can't get them at your B&M's

Nice not paying extra shipping.

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL Flavor Art makes incredibly good flavors (to me, at any rate). Your should check out our very long thread here on the forum!

And, @Kizzer49 I never buy premade juice anymore, but when I did Five Pawns was in my opinion worth every penny. Get their sample packs!
I definitely will. Whats the best flavor they got?

VU Sponsors