Become a Patron!

Cellucotton

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can somebody point me in the direction of some good tips on how to use rayon for wicking

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use much more than you would cotton.
Cut the length you want and peel away ~1/2 for a 3mm coil and ~1/3 for 2.5mm coils.
Twist it, not super tight but twisted a bit to help you feed it through the coil. Once in the coil, untwist it and slide it back & forth a bit, there should be more tension than you're used to feeling feeding a cotton wick through.

Cotton expands, rayon contracts so you have to use more than you would with cotton.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use much more than you would cotton.
Cut the length you want and peel away ~1/2 for a 3mm coil and ~1/3 for 2.5mm coils.
Twist it, not super tight but twisted a bit to help you feed it through the coil. Once in the coil, untwist it and slide it back & forth a bit, there should be more tension than you're used to feeling feeding a cotton wick through.

Cotton expands, rayon contracts so you have to use more than you would with cotton.
^^^this^^^.....works nicely, best wick available, and CHEAP...!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aside from what was already mentioned, make sure your hands are super clean. Rayon picks up oils from the skin easily, and you don't wanna vape that, lol. With the tension... it almost feels like a squeak. Trust me, you'll understand that, once you feel it.

I much prefer rayon. Holds a lot of juice, clean tasting, and I think the wicks last longer than cotton.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's going good so far. Trying to adjust. Everything I know is a lie!

Thanks whiskey, wasn't sure where to put it

VU Sponsors