Become a Patron!

Cerabis 45 Dry hits

Good Day

I have purchased one of these tanks last week and had about 2 days of vaping heaven.

Thereafter it was dry hits one after the other, I saw no more bubbles coming from the juice holes after i took a pull maybe just now and then but not bubbling like in the beginning.

it also happened to all of my replacement coils, 4 of them to be exact,

Has anyone else had any similar experiences, or any advise please?

Regards

Pieter

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU :wave: For some reason it sounds like the cotton is not getting enough juice in the coil to wick, I don't know this tank, but I do know that before you use a new coil you need to really get it wet with juice prior to using, did you drip some juice on the coil and saturate it and let it set after you installed?

Thank you @Whiskey

Glad to have joined :)

The coils are unique in the sense that they are 100% ceramic wicked, no cotton at all.

I followed the instructions of all the reviews and the manual, you literally have to fill this tank, let it sit for a while, and off you go!

I will give dropping a few drops down the coil ago but they recommend not doing it with these ones so I am a bit up in arms!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yikes, I have no experience with the ceramics, but I am sure some folks that do will come along soon to help out

NitroBex

The Cloud Chasing Geek
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Good Day

I have purchased one of these tanks last week and had about 2 days of vaping heaven.

Thereafter it was dry hits one after the other, I saw no more bubbles coming from the juice holes after i took a pull maybe just now and then but not bubbling like in the beginning.

Regards

Pieter
I am by far not the tank guy, but no bubbles = no juice flow, and ceramic coils are known for liking higher pg mixes, also some juices that use heavy sweeteners can clog the inside of the coil and stop the transfer of juice as the sweeteners "caramelize"... I know when I was testing ceramic coil tanks they liked at most 60%VG... Hope this helps some...

I am by far not the tank guy, but no bubbles = no juice flow, and ceramic coils are known for liking higher pg mixes, also some juices that use heavy sweeteners can clog the inside of the coil and stop the transfer of juice as the sweeteners "caramelize"... I know when I was testing ceramic coil tanks they liked at most 60%VG... Hope this helps some...
Thanks it does help, will try lower vg juice next time. Cerabis however flaunts this as a max vg capable tank, which I am beginning to doubt...

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Good Day

Regards

Pieter
Welcome aboard! luckily I'm pretty familiar with this tank.
I did a review for it as well

With that said, i never had an issue with it not wicking. I'm curious what is the mixture on your juice? If it's max VG that could be an issue. 70/30 or 60.40 would be best but 80/20 will work as well. anything thicker might cause issues

If your having trouble with the coil don't toss it. instead boil it in water for 5 mins let it dry out overnight and use it again ;) it'll last much longer and clean itself out. thats a big bonus about ceramic coils with no cotton. they can be cleaned

Welcome aboard! luckily I'm pretty familiar with this tank.
I did a review for it as well

With that said, i never had an issue with it not wicking. I'm curious what is the mixture on your juice? If it's max VG that could be an issue. 70/30 or 60.40 would be best but 80/20 will work as well. anything thicker might cause issues

If your having trouble with the coil don't toss it. instead boil it in water for 5 mins let it dry out overnight and use it again ;) it'll last much longer and clean itself out. thats a big bonus about ceramic coils with no cotton. they can be cleaned
Thanks for the advice I will give it a boil!

Cool review too btw!

VU Sponsors