Become a Patron!

Ceramic Wicking Tanks

Looking to venture into tanks that use ceramic wicking coils. I know there are tanks that have coils that use ceramic as a wick oppose to traditional cotton, and then there are coils that use ceramic as a heating element with cotton wrapped around it. I'm looking at ceramic wicking tanks. Looking for recommendations and personal experiences. Thanks a ton and happy vaping!

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking to venture into tanks that use ceramic wicking coils. I know there are tanks that have coils that use ceramic as a wick oppose to traditional cotton, and then there are coils that use ceramic as a heating element with cotton wrapped around it. I'm looking at ceramic wicking tanks. Looking for recommendations and personal experiences. Thanks a ton and happy vaping!

From August until December last year my main field mod was a Vaporesso Target Mini with a Vaporesso Guardian tank. The Guardian came with a ceramic atomizer and it worked great until I cracked the glass in the tank and could not find a replacement. The Guardian's SS316L coil has a ceramic jacket which is wrapped with cotton. The ceramic prevents the coil from burning the cotton if there is not enough juice to cool the coil properly. It does not seem to change or add flavour to anything.

I have never seen a "ceramic" atomizer that did not have a metal heating coil since most ceramics are insulators and do not conduct electricity very well.

Vaporesso also makes ceramic coils that will fit in Aspire Atlantis or Triton tanks. Replacement glass is available for most Aspire tanks.

Happy vaping to you too.

I know there are tanks like the Vaparesso, Defiant by Council of Vapor, Joytech Ultimo that use coils that have ceramic "jackets"wrapped in cotton. And then the cCell coils that are similar that fit a few tanks. Then there are tanks like the Cerabis and 45 by Ceravape that use ceramic oppose to cotton for wicking, with the wire imbedded in the ceramic. I am trying to figure out if the Cerabis and 45 are the only tanks that use good grade ceramic oppose to cotton in their coils. I want to try something like the Cerabis. I may give in and try the Defiant by Council of Vapor using the ceramic "jacket" type coil.

Benny Flavorman

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know there are tanks like the Vaparesso, Defiant by Council of Vapor, Joytech Ultimo that use coils that have ceramic "jackets"wrapped in cotton. And then the cCell coils that are similar that fit a few tanks. Then there are tanks like the Cerabis and 45 by Ceravape that use ceramic oppose to cotton for wicking, with the wire imbedded in the ceramic. I am trying to figure out if the Cerabis and 45 are the only tanks that use good grade ceramic oppose to cotton in their coils. I want to try something like the Cerabis. I may give in and try the Defiant by Council of Vapor using the ceramic "jacket" type coil.
Have you already tried the Cerabis and/or Cerabis 44/45?

I bought the Cerabis online the other day, should get it Saturday. I'm afraid it may be too tight of a draw for be though, I traditionally like wide draw tanks (Avacado, Cloud Beast) and dual coils. I took a shot though, see if I like it. I picked up the Krixus by Horizontech the other day, it's ok not all that impressed though. It uses a ceramic heating element with kanthal in it to evenly heat it, and cotton around it.

Benny Flavorman

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think you'll like the Cerabis. It does have a tighter-than-wide-open draw, but it's airy enough. Has great flavor for a non-rebuildable.

Just watch out for some seepage which some people are claiming is leaking.
I have a feeling those people ran it at lower watts...

The Krixus is pretty airy to, with a tighter than wide open draw. I'll give it an honest shot. I read the reviews, but I agree they were probably running it at lower watts. I'll keep you updated. If I don't like it maybe I'll revert back to my Avacado, and go back to building.

VU Sponsors