Become a Patron!

Cereal 27 & Yelo Cake Suggestions Please

Nu2Ju

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am new to mixing & several recipes I found to try have Yellow cake (fw) or Cereal 27 (cap). I know tastes are subjective and I am, so far, not a fan of either flavor. My question is are there substitutes for these 2 flavors? The Cereal 27 is very overpowering to me & tastes like Bran Flakes (gross). Is it used for a crunch effect? The Yelo cake is also very overpowering to me: I taste a LOT of some kind of fake something (maybe cake mix?) & possibly vanilla.

Any substitutes or combinations to mix to get the same effect of these flavors? I'm thinking yelo cake would be eggs, sugar, vanilla & some kind of bread/pastry/donut ? But a bread would be less the vanilla & possibly have some yeasty flavor & an angel food cake would not have any "bread" to it. The cereal 27 maybe substitute Rice Crunchies (TFA)?

I am letting the recipes I mixed up are steeping so these flavors my mellow but still smell & taste very strong but maybe they will mellow. TIA

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I prefer Jungle Flavors yellow cake. It doesn't contain the sucralose that Flavor West YC does, therefore it doesn't gunk coils like FW does. And I use it as a 1:1 substitution.
As far as the Cereal 27, have you tried using lower percentages to cut the flavor? As far as a substitute for that one, rice crunches is a lighter flavor but not the same "texture" or the same flavor notes. I've heard good things about Flavorah crunch cereal, but can't advise as I haven't used it myself.

Nu2Ju

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally, I prefer Jungle Flavors yellow cake. It doesn't contain the sucralose that Flavor West YC does, therefore it doesn't gunk coils like FW does. And I use it as a 1:1 substitution.
As far as the Cereal 27, have you tried using lower percentages to cut the flavor? As far as a substitute for that one, rice crunches is a lighter flavor but not the same "texture" or the same flavor notes. I've heard good things about Flavorah crunch cereal, but can't advise as I haven't used it myself.

Thank you! I ordered another sweetener besides EM but can't remember what is was & it tasted nasty...think it may have had the sucralose too. I will look for the Jungle Flavors. I did another mix with the Cereal 27 & cut it way back: it is steeping now & doesn't smell nearly as strong or bad (to me).

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I ordered JF yellow cake. I don't like bavarian cream or custards. Was going to mix the cake with CAP sweet cream and Purlium meringue to see if I could get a nice mouth feel going on. Also ordered a cheesecake (no graham) and LA creamcheese icing to play with.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mmmm, love cheesecake! My fave is Lorann's, best cheesecake flavor out there, IMO.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Mmmm, love cheesecake! My fave is Lorann's, best cheesecake flavor out there, IMO.
I went with FW cheesecake. Read something about the texture that appealed to me. I always want my fruits up front, the creamy stuff I want for mouth feel and a little added sweetness. Oddly I'm looking forward to plowing thru all the single flavor testers. Would love some shake and vape recipes. Hoping the apples I ordered will be good after a day or two.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love FW cheesecake too! I use it in my Holy Cheesecake! recipe.
You're gonna have a blast with this....:D

VU Sponsors