Become a Patron!

charger for jellyfish mod?

LightningVapes

Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Looking for an answer to this myself. I was however able to find this on reddit:

Call lotus @ 18883475088, follow the prompts, and tell them your situation. They will take your information and send you one free. I was just wanting to buy one extra, but hey, free is better!

LightningVapes

Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Correct, however the charger outputs DC 9v 1A. That is nowhere near the standard of USB charging (DC 5v 500mA). Normal Micro USB chargers don't work, eg phone chargers, connecting to computer, etc. It appears that if the proper voltage/amperage is not being recieved by the port on the Jellyfish, then it ignores the power supply.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am not sure if this will work but I have been google-fu'ing for 25 minutes trying to find a power supply for you since I think it's stupid that someone would make a mod knowing that it's an odd power supply and not offering replacement chargers separately...it's a little over 24 bucks for these but it's the best I've found so far. It's from amazon so at least it can be one stop shopping...if I find anything better I will put it up...

http://www.amazon.com/2-1x5-5mm-A-Male-Adapter-Universal-Supplies/dp/B005SZXDDI ---- 2.1 x5.5mm to usb adaptor $18.56.
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Adapter-Arduino-2-Flat-Pin-100CM/dp/B00CP1QLSC ----- power supply $1.83.
http://www.amazon.com/9V-DC-Power-Adapter-Supply/dp/B004LX146Q ----- another power supply $5.15.

Just a shot in the dark. If I see something better I will let you know. The usb adaptor is a mini, not a micro output but the adaptor for that is much easier to find....basically you'll have to jury rig three things to make a plug just like we always tried to cram 3 surge protectors into the one outlet in our rooms as kids cause our house was hella old and didn't have many wall sockets...but we learned to juggle the plugs and only tripped the breakers once in a while so maybe you can do something like that here :)

heiL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've lost my charger, so i've found this thread.
Thanks for letting us know it's a 9v charger.

I just ordered one on Amazon, it's a Samsung Adaptive charger.
It outputs multiple voltages, so we'll see how it goes and if that's a viable option as a replacement.

heiL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No go on that charger, anyone have any luck with others? It's really a shame you can't easily find a replacement

Where can I obtain a charger for a lotus jellyfish mod? Any ideas? I can't find out ant info on the subject
The Replacement charger is sold at RadioShack online. It's Adaptaplug get the 1.0A and you can just set it to 9volts and buy the micro USB tip . The Jellyfish mod charger specs are 9v 1A output which is what this dishes out.

No go on that charger, anyone have any luck with others? It's really a shame you can't easily find a replacement
It's sold online at RadioShack. Adaptaplug 1.0A 3.0-15v just buy the micro USB tip as well and your good to go. Set it at 9v and plug it in and it will charge

This is the charger that worked with mine. I didn't find it online, RadioShack website says there sold out. I called the store closest to me and they shipped it to me. It works so far.IMG_0431.JPGimage.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You slide the switch shown in the picture to the 3rd position from the right to select 9V output.

VU Sponsors