Become a Patron!

Charging via USB.....

big mac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Howdy folks,

So I'm putting together a Vape Box/station to hold all my stuff. I want to attach a USB charger with 4-5 ports to the back of the box so a mod sitting in the rack on top of the box has a charging cable available (want two available to charge mods). Add to that, I wanted to add a 18650 USB battery charger (plugged into the hub) in the box so it's hidden away. The last two charging ports are for my iPad and iPhone cables since I charge them right next to the box anyway.

So, I'm talking a lot of different devices, with different volt/amp draws. Not all charging stations will be going at the same time. Experience sez I'll be charging my phone and pad at night when I head to bed. I-Stuff regulates thru the device so there's no overcharging and the devices will auto regulate the power coming into the I-Device.....is that correct? If that's correct then will a USB battery charger, a Hana 35 watt, and a Siegelei 75 watt work the same way?

Anyone see a problem with this idea? Any suggestions on a USB charging hub? Been scouring Amazon but, at this point whatever I buy, is a shot in the dark.

Many thanks,
Big Mac

TheRenegadeBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would think as long as you got a hub woth anti overcharge/ current stabilizer and all that fancy stuff it wouldnt be a problem. But then again im not an electrican so im not 100% sure but itd be like haveing 8 cellphones charging at once with flucuating curremts as long as it has something to regulte it it wouldnt burn anything up.

Just my .2c

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
never trusted charging any of my box via usb unless absolutely necessary (my eVic VT is only non-removable battery). Having a few friends blew out their m80s scares me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors