Become a Patron!

Cheap decent parallel mod

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, so I'm on a search for a cheap parallel mod that's not a piece of shit. The kicker, shipping from the US. I've been looking for the last couple days but no luck every time I see something it's sold out. So I figured I'd throw my feelers out here, see if I can get a link to something. I already have 2 china shipments on the way and I don't think I can handle having another.

I have a handful of tube mods but just want a Parallel one to play with but not looking to break the bank on something I want just to learn/play with. If it goes well I have my eye on a few higher priced ones already.

Anyways, any tips would be much appreciated.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Buy the Abaddon from AngelCigs, Its made of Copper and is Laminated so it wont patina and it should hit like a copper mod should...I think its only $20 and 5 Shipping. Use coupon code 5%downforyou for 5% off.

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I been in search for a nice parallel box mod. Something with a volt reader in it.
Anyone point me in the direction of a place that makes nice custom boxes.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I been in search for a nice parallel box mod. Something with a volt reader in it.
Anyone point me in the direction of a place that makes nice custom boxes.

Ebay...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I found one on ebay i been debating on. Im just wondering how to tell if there well built. The one i been looking at is. Pretty clean on the inside.

The few with the Raptor chips and the wire sleeving are top notch, there are a few others that are nice also..

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The few with the Raptor chips and the wire sleeving are top notch, there are a few others that are nice also..
Guess ill just use my better judgment on picking one out.

mav

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought mechanical mod's didn't have chips, or digital read out, or volt readers. None of mine do. The op wanted a cheap parallel mod and posted in the mechanical mod section. I have tried only 1, the Cigreen Bigfoot. Love it! Vapor Joe had a discount code for 24 frog skin and change, I bought 2 so I could get free shipping. A Buddy liked mine so much I sold him my extra. I went back and ordered 2 more. Great mod, but it's not copper in case you have to have the lowest possible technical data for resistance known to the vaping world, but great aluminum mechanical box mod. I have had no problems what so ever, but it's my limited experience, the only parallel mechanical box mod I have. The longer battery life compared to a single battery mechanical tube is nice. Dang, it was less than 25 bucks and has worked for me flawlessly. Like I said it's the only one I've owned, but I hope that this was of some help.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I thought mechanical mod's didn't have chips, or digital read out, or volt readers. None of mine do. The op wanted a cheap parallel mod and posted in the mechanical mod section. I have tried only 1, the Cigreen Bigfoot. Love it! Vapor Joe had a discount code for 24 frog skin and change, I bought 2 so I could get free shipping. A Buddy liked mine so much I sold him my extra. I went back and ordered 2 more. Great mod, but it's not copper in case you have to have the lowest possible technical data for resistance known to the vaping world, but great aluminum mechanical box mod. I have had no problems what so ever, but it's my limited experience, the only parallel mechanical box mod I have. The longer battery life compared to a single battery mechanical tube is nice. Dang, it was less than 25 bucks and has worked for me flawlessly. Like I said it's the only one I've owned, but I hope that this was of some help.
Mechs can be anything that allows the battery load to be dumped without restriction or regulation, Unregulated Mods are the newest Mechs. I love Mechs, Parallel Mods and Series Boxes...These are just the line that I picked up in the last 2-3 weeks...Minus the Laisimo and Cuboid...
20160317_160229.jpg
d5468af505874d32687c4ab7eeab64fb.jpg
f77bf3946d3cf8b31fded832c0f481ac.jpg

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Apologies Ray - I thought you were linking to the clones. Now I should have known better for sure, lol. Ray with a clone - ludicrous :D

Dragon's Den Vapor makes me drool. I am so sorry every time I visit as it surely costs me money.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Apologies Ray - I thought you were linking to the clones. Now I should have known better for sure, lol. Ray with a clone - ludicrous :D

Dragon's Den Vapor makes me drool. I am so sorry every time I visit as it surely costs me money.
Pieholesuaceultraejuice and 2VapedX are 2 other sites that have drain my wallet more then a time or 2 also ;)

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was just at the vapersource.com deciding if I wanted to spend 700 dollars on a vicious ant variant to show off. Lol. It has some nice box mods too. We do find ways to spend our money. And I have a couple of bids on ebay at present. I'm just afraid my wife might put glass in my pasta if I buy more this week.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was just at the vapersource.com deciding if I wanted to spend 700 dollars on a vicious ant variant to show off. Lol. It has some nice box mods too. We do find ways to spend our money. And I have a couple of bids on ebay at present. I'm just afraid my wife might put glass in my pasta if I buy more this week.
I was looking at the Titanium for a 350w Box but I decided against it...I may sell a couple of the mods I have and wait and see for whats coming...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
raymo, is that sniper mod a clone or the real deal? Looks better than the real ones I saw, more defined grain like the clones I saw. Anyways, that sniper mod is the reason I posted this. I don't want to buy a nice mod like that to end up tossing it in "the box" with all my other unused toys. So wanted something cheap to start with. Finally pulled the trigger on some other stuff including the Noisy Cricket so parallel box will remain on the list for future vapemail transactions. I need to get some kind of storage system figured out first I think.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
raymo, is that sniper mod a clone or the real deal? Looks better than the real ones I saw, more defined grain like the clones I saw. Anyways, that sniper mod is the reason I posted this. I don't want to buy a nice mod like that to end up tossing it in "the box" with all my other unused toys. So wanted something cheap to start with. Finally pulled the trigger on some other stuff including the Noisy Cricket so parallel box will remain on the list for future vapemail transactions. I need to get some kind of storage system figured out first I think.
Its a clone from 3fvape. LINK

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its a clone from 3fvape.
Cool thought so, I like the look of the clone better, I'm sure the feel of the original is great, but just not that wood grain I like.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Cool thought so, I like the look of the clone better, I'm sure the feel of the original is great, but just not that wood grain I like.
The only difference in the Authentic and the clone of the Sniper is the Authentic uses Iron wood which I dont like the smell of and it doesnt particularly feel great in the hands, the Clone uses woods that Im more familiar with and have a better feel to their surface, plus you can stain them if you wanted...
I notice alot of the Authentic Snipers have crazy amounts of gaps....which I didnt like either...

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On the topic itself ... a cheap reliable unregulated - not mechanical -

I love my Tesla 11 - small easy to use 4000 mah plug it in at night. I am about to get the LE80 by lotus which a friend has. He is thrilled woith it and its cheap. I might get a mad hatter wood box - also cheap. And no - I don't need them. I just want them.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so I'm on a search for a cheap parallel mod that's not a piece of shit. The kicker, shipping from the US. I've been looking for the last couple days but no luck every time I see something it's sold out. So I figured I'd throw my feelers out here, see if I can get a link to something. I already have 2 china shipments on the way and I don't think I can handle having another.

I have a handful of tube mods but just want a Parallel one to play with but not looking to break the bank on something I want just to learn/play with. If it goes well I have my eye on a few higher priced ones already.

Anyways, any tips would be much appreciated.
Tesla Invader II

mav

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had a Tesla parallel, cheap, had no problems in several weeks. Sold it, just felt funny to me. Kept the sack it came in, still using the sock.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The I or II? I've been beating up my Tesla II for over 18 months with no problems.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Tesla 11 takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. I've had zero issues with it.

Yellowhorse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can't help you with the 'cheap' part of your request. I have 2 MCV Raptors (authentic). One is copper and the other is brass and both have the 12 piece solid silver contact kits installed. Yes, they ARE expensive. Both are excellent performers and 100% mechanical (NO wires). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either one. MCV also makes the Raptor in T6 aluminum but I couldn't justify buying a third one.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wanted to post in the most recent thread that mentioned the Lotus LE80. Got one late last year. Working well. It is a series mod though, for those looking for a parallel.

It should be mandatory for every mod to have a juice well at the 510 connection. I'd be cleaning it out a lot more, but I got a silicone band to put just underneath the RDA air holes. Magnetic batt compartment door.

Except for those two features, almost everything on the LE80 is either love it/hate it.
--There's a lot of metal, and two batts, so it's heavy.
--There's no LCD screen.
--There's an analog potentimeter.
--There's an analog switch connected to an old-school digital readout for battery capacity.
--There's no TC.

But that's exactly what I was looking for. A stripped-down/regulated/series mod with a juice well. The metal was a bonus.

Edit to list what it's tied to:
Samsung 25r's
Wotofo Lush RDA
Kanthal, 26 gauge, twisted
Dual, .27, 3mm, 6/7 wrap

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was vaping on my Lotus this morning with an indestructible. The potentiometer and switch is very nice. Push down - get your battery readout - push up and get the current voltage. In the middle it is locked. It has a screen that works well enough. The firing button is very small but i seldom misfire. I personally don't find it that heavy. I have much heavier dual parallel mech mods. I don't worry that it's a series mod as I can adjust the voltage anyway. I vaped a 1.8 Indestructible today at 3.5 volts. Worked a peach.

Now I own a lot of mods and a lot of them cost me over five times the cost of the LE80. That saids I still use my LE80 often enough. Ray knows i have a slew of different Phillipine mods et all. I have a few on order now from dragonsden vapor which is a great site for mechs. I have the Underground and the new Ratchet which I cannot wait to use. That's this month's budget blown.

Another mod I use is also dirt cheap - the Hannya series mod - I have a 13th heavens on it - single coil - .9 ohm. Vapes like a champ and I love it too. Now I'm not going to compare these to a Lucifer or Mun Equitas or DJK kamakong or ... of course not. But they work and they work well and I take them out of the house and don't worry about them.

EtsH3SG.jpg

An old pic with a different atty ... my Doge X2
M6voxbC.jpg

Here is the Hannya. Interesting that both attys are way more costly than the mods!

Now a relatively inexpensive set up is this ... I have the authentic but you can get decent clones ...
SEfCt85.jpg

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Now I own a lot of mods and a lot of them cost me over five times the cost of the LE80.

My mental vaping defects all revolve around buying mods... a hatred of looking, a hatred of starting threads with questions, a hatred of dealing with online hardware purchases/returns. The one thing my wife will do for vaping is take my wish list to the vape shop and get them to sell me something. They nailed it with the Lotus; I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

Yeah, retail. But I pay 1 cent/mil for juice. I can justify a few bucks for some help. BTW, I have the Tugboat and Hannya on the short list of future candidates. Thanks.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just ordered mcm underground from dragonsdenvapor.
That place is pricey but all their shit is top grade and theyre official distributor for mcm phillipines in the states, also selling in bulk.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep they are good. I wanted to buy more but you know ... I would love the red tri equis - only one left.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sometimes you have to email em cause either something isnt posted or they reupped and didnt update... always good to drop em a line if something isnt working and theyll make it work.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ended up grabbing a Tres Equis clone, love this little badboy. Almost the same size as the RX200 (best hand fit I've found) just a tad wider at a more forward placement. Great design. I had some issues, but was able to fix it with a little work. Thanks for all the suggestions/comments.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The tres equis clone is not too bad. My B+M has them. But I'm a snob. I want the authentic ...

Unfortunately they are all out of stock now. C'est la vie.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Woah. $230.00
Yeah that's the reason I just can't do some of these authentics. I'd like to but hundreds for an additional toy... it's a bit much.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well people go out and spend 100s on new footwear. They will justify buying two mods for a 100 each. I can go on and on. Yes they are expensive. But with careful management I find i can buy the occasional nice toy. Well, I'm not that careful and its not that occasional but ...
I just got a deal on Petri for 65 and I'm stoked about it. I did not want to pay full price. I will buy from people online here at at other sites and pick my spots to get the better gear.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ill pay 150-200 or more on a mech if its got nice design with nice metal internals like copper or brass or silver n gold plated anything.

Mechs can be anything that allows the battery load to be dumped without restriction or regulation, Unregulated Mods are the newest Mechs. I love Mechs, Parallel Mods and Series Boxes...These are just the line that I picked up in the last 2-3 weeks...Minus the Laisimo and Cuboid...
View attachment 44254
d5468af505874d32687c4ab7eeab64fb.jpg
f77bf3946d3cf8b31fded832c0f481ac.jpg
The brass mech with the blk band on the fire button what mod is that i have the sameone but dont know who makes it or what model it is...the 3rd one from the left

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The brass mech with the blk band on the fire button what mod is that i have the sameone but dont know who makes it or what model it is...the 3rd one from the left
I believe it was a clone of the Heimdall by Vape Jam Mods

VU Sponsors