Become a Patron!

Cheap fun with cheap squonker.

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Decided to try this Octopus clone from 3F vape...I got a black model and a white model at $11 a piece and also picked up the wasp nano.

My thoughts are swap the white button and white door on to the black bodybody m and the black button and door to the white body model for what I think should look pretty cool.yet maybe common swaps.

Internals?...well I don't know just yet but I'm thinking upgrade them with some good stuff...well see how it does...appears to either be polished stainless or possibly silver coated...not really sure....the 510 either brass or copper...well see.

1.) 26g 999 silver contacts.
2.) ? Squonk 510
3.) ? Squonk bottle.

I'd like a medium soft silicone bottle...the one I have in my Nudge is just way too soft...can I get stiffer silicone bottles?

I've always heard the mm510 being used but also have heard you get a fairly decent voltage drop on them being spring loaded.

Any other options out there I could consider?.....fat daddys any better or worse? Something silver plated over copper would be great if that's possible?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Decided to try this Octopus clone from 3F vape...I got a black model and a white model at $11 a piece and also picked up the wasp nano.

My thoughts are swap the white button and white door on to the black bodybody m and the black button and door to the white body model for what I think should look pretty cool.yet maybe common swaps.

Internals?...well I don't know just yet but I'm thinking upgrade them with some good stuff...well see how it does...appears to either be polished stainless or possibly silver coated...not really sure....the 510 either brass or copper...well see.

1.) 26g 999 silver contacts.
2.) ? Squonk 510
3.) ? Squonk bottle.

I'd like a medium soft silicone bottle...the one I have in my Nudge is just way too soft...can I get stiffer silicone bottles?

I've always heard the mm510 being used but also have heard you get a fairly decent voltage drop on them being spring loaded.

Any other options out there I could consider?.....fat daddys any better or worse? Something silver plated over copper would be great if that's possible?

ModMaker 510 is way better than FD for the 510

Also, the older MM bottles are kinda between the stiff bottles and the super softie silicon types

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Broscience.com is US seller and has mm510. That's where I got mine

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sorry I didn't click the link.lol

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

No idea how close to 1/1 the Le Octopus clone is to the OG, but in my V1 authentic, you are limited to a fairly small bottle - I would definitely do some research before buying any bottle for the clone

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll just have to measure and see where I'm at after I get it.

Found the MM510 and some silver 510 contact upgrade kit Along with berillium copper/ silver plated contacts...$10 euro Royal international shipping...not too bad price wise as long as you don't use DHL shipping...lol

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll wait to get bottle space measurements before I place an order....gonna be a little while...lol
Screenshot_20180429-181832.jpeg

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$27 and change American dollars....if I can get a bottle not bad at all for less than $40 to fully upgrade a cheap o into higher end status performance.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, modmaker has good parts - also FDV/Fat Daddy Vapes...

Here's my [personal] issue.. I just can't warm to single-cell mechanicals at all.. I don't want to stock the extra wire-spools necessary to feel better about it. Now, yeah: I run a NC serial mech - took me about 4 builds before I went Old School and built like 1.7Ω and wow - VERY nice. I'd like an NC v2 serial/parallel as well, and..

I really like the looks of the DS-Style Squonker.. I might be able to live w/ parallel, ok.. What bugs me is weird bottle designs, (maybe I can fix), but the deal-killer on Mechs is: "I should be able to buy a replacement switch that fits" - not "Oh, gee.. My switch melted and no other mechanical switch will fit!"

And, yes: I've mentioned elsewhere: I do not like the "pokey-holey" squonkers.. I get my fingers caught in there. I got an otherwise useless pinky that wants to squeeze the bottle ;-)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Physically, the Haku looks & feels "more substantial" than the wasp. And, I was leaving the airflow full-open and that was drawing at about what the Wasp did after struggling to set maybe 1/4 air. It seems to just need a proper build - I only mounted like 3 attempts in the Haku.

It didn't like the flat/bar clapton that the wasp seems to like. Not sure what it prefers.

VU Sponsors