Become a Patron!

CHEAPER THAN FASTECH?? REALLY

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got an email from VAPORTEK USA, they are selling the ZERO MODS 3 BUCKS CHEAPER THAN FASTECH...
IS this gonna be trend now? USA vendors will get cheaper than fastech??
I think this will be a good idea, if this stores like VAPORTEK, VAPOR DNA,VAPOR BEAST,ORIGINVAPE,ELE8VAPE,101VAPE can offer free shipping, btw this stores are proven to be trusted, vapor DNA are base in ca, I normally go to the flagship store and they give you website price!! #teamcheapmod...
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Attachments

• WP_20141210_001.jpg
    WP_20141210_001.jpg
    861.4 KB · Views: 71

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just got an email from VAPORTEK USA, they are selling the ZERO MODS 3 BUCKS CHEAPER THAN FASTECH...
IS this gonna be trend now? USA vendors will get cheaper than fastech??
I think this will be a good idea, if this stores like VAPORTEK, VAPOR DNA,VAPOR BEAST,ORIGINVAPE,ELE8VAPE,101VAPE can offer free shipping, btw this stores are proven to be trusted, vapor DNA are base in ca, I normally go to the flagship store and they give you website price!! #teamcheapmod...
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Not a chance , at times you may find something offered for a lower price than FT, and FT doesn't have the best prices on everything but for most items FT will be noticeably cheaper .

Most USA vendors really overprice their stuff imo , some are far worse than others and even their best sale prices are higher than other vendors standard everyday prices. Fortunately for them there are lots of people who just don't have a clue and overpay.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most USA vendors actually provide more support than FT which should account for some of why they charge more...

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
in case you fellows have not noticed. Fastech prices have gone up and almost doubled on some mods even, starting in mid November....I suspect after December the prices will drop back down...I really dislike companies that raise the price on items towards Christmas time...they lost a potential customer over this one.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most USA vendors actually provide more support than FT which should account for some of why they charge more...

Easier support not better support , FT literally bends over backwards for you if your not satisfied . I have been very disappointed with most USA vendors i have dealt with, their warranty is much much too short or they don't have one at all.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am receiving one from focalecig on Saturday ... a Yosen Clone Zero Mod v2, I am curious who's making the other clones for FT and VT, I don't see the logo on the boxes so I am sure they are made in same city but are they all under the same umbrella, maybe they pawned all the v1's made to the other vendors :) I don't know, just saying ...I just hope I get one that actually works, been reading some bad stories about them

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
in case you fellows have not noticed. Fastech prices have gone up and almost doubled on some mods even, starting in mid November....I suspect after December the prices will drop back down...I really dislike companies that raise the price on items towards Christmas time...they lost a potential customer over this one.

Their prices have went up a lot since ai orders from them back in the day. You could get clone attys for $5-$6 mech mod clones for $15-$20. There was no $25-$40 mods except name brand like when the svd came out they were $40 on fasttech. The prices have went up a lot. I guess it is supply and demand. Plus a lot more people order from them now. I'm talking about 2 years ago though.

Even angel of is more than fasttech and they are overseas with a US base. There is no way people will beat fasttech. Half the venders but from them as well, that's why some venders are 3-5 more than everyone else on the web, got to make up the cost.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Their prices have went up a lot since ai orders from them back in the day. You could get clone attys for $5-$6 mech mod clones for $15-$20. There was no $25-$40 mods except name brand like when the svd came out they were $40 on fasttech. The prices have went up a lot. I guess it is supply and demand. Plus a lot more people order from them now. I'm talking about 2 years ago though.

Even angel of is more than fasttech and they are overseas with a US base. There is no way people will beat fasttech. Half the venders but from them as well, that's why some venders are 3-5 more than everyone else on the web, got to make up the cost.

I figured that would be the case , another reason FT is so popular is because selection , when you have a huge selection and low prices they are tough to beat . Now if we can only get faster shipping , maybe a turbo charged drone or something .

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello, Mr Fog:)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

This was the first mechanical I ordered from Fasttech for $12
1398603-3-thumb.jpg

It's solid brass with copper contacts and a copper spring in the switch. This El Cheapo clone outperforms many authentics including the Vicious Ant Valkyrie. I'll break it out and vape if for a few days every now and then. When they sold out the price was $18.50. Now the good clones are $35+ going up to $60.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This was the first mechanical I ordered from Fasttech for $12
1398603-3-thumb.jpg

It's solid brass with copper contacts and a copper spring in the switch. This El Cheapo clone outperforms many authentics including the Vicious Ant Valkyrie. I'll break it out and vape if for a few days every now and then. When they sold out the price was $18.50. Now the good clones are $35+ going up to $60.

Oh yeah, the brass Sentinel v3. :)
I bought one at that time as well and it's still used about everyday. Just a great mod, especially so for $12.

I wish they would carry it again, all they have now are the crappy aluminum ones and the brass M16, which is a bit of a dog in comparison to the v3, IMO. It's still only $14-ish though.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005307/1425200-sentinel-m16-telescopic-mechanical-mod

And it ages so well too, just a lovely patina.

P1020134.JPG

Last edited:

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Oh you will be back eventually. It's like a drug maaaaaaan.

Thebrain

Member For 4 Years
I think more venders are going to start to base their warehouses in the US JMO.. I ordered the most expensive copper stingray clone in copper from fast tech and it was a piece of garbage, but I will say their customer service did make it rite and I have an order on the way.. But you can easily find Domestic prices cheaper than Fast tech I just got an authentic IPV3 for $95 with express shipping it was in my hand two days later. The whole wait weeks thing sucks and paying $40-$50 for DHL defeats the whole purpose of getting things cheaper.. Their prices did go up though but only on certain items.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What prices don't go up is my question . prices rarely if ever stay the same over long periods. Some Chinese companies already have a warehouse in the US but unfortunately the quality of the products are not even FT quality which is very surprising.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FT gets their supply from the same places other wholesalers get them. Most all mods other than US produced mods come from either Shenzhen or the Philippines. FT does not make anything themselves, they are an outlet for surplus manufacturing there. But in China, they have been quoted on this one fact, "Americans will pay more during time of holidays, maximize profits when the time is right." Go to FT, pick three mods to watch, after the first of the year, you will see their price drop by 20%...mark my words. American clothing markets do the same crap. Prices go up During the fall when people start buying warmer clothing, they maximize profits and they can account for their Winter sales prices. Then in the spring, they lower the price again to sell out of product before they bring in the Summer lines. Shipping on clothing cost the most from over seas during the colder months, due to them being heavier, spring and summer cost less due to the weight being less. Right now, fuel is at a low as well, so by using these cost projections, you can see that the FT market, which ships the same weights all year long, having less in fuel charges, is making the most profit by raising prices during a time that EU and US buys excess product as gifts. Cant blame them, but I can choose to buy else wear until the holiday season is over. Never ordered from FT personally, and wouldn't either, my OCD would kill me while waiting for the slow boat from China...lol.

And to VH fan, show me a brand new 2011 honda civic still on the sales floor that the sticker price has gone up on...prices do go up, but not when the market is saturated, that's when prices go down.

RichS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've had a couple of people send me this site ChinaBuy, but I've never used it, has anyone here heard of it?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
have never seen that site before RichS. Looks interesting.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FT gets their supply from the same places other wholesalers get them. Most all mods other than US produced mods come from either Shenzhen or the Philippines. FT does not make anything themselves, they are an outlet for surplus manufacturing there. But in China, they have been quoted on this one fact, "Americans will pay more during time of holidays, maximize profits when the time is right." Go to FT, pick three mods to watch, after the first of the year, you will see their price drop by 20%...mark my words. American clothing markets do the same crap. Prices go up During the fall when people start buying warmer clothing, they maximize profits and they can account for their Winter sales prices. Then in the spring, they lower the price again to sell out of product before they bring in the Summer lines. Shipping on clothing cost the most from over seas during the colder months, due to them being heavier, spring and summer cost less due to the weight being less. Right now, fuel is at a low as well, so by using these cost projections, you can see that the FT market, which ships the same weights all year long, having less in fuel charges, is making the most profit by raising prices during a time that EU and US buys excess product as gifts. Cant blame them, but I can choose to buy else wear until the holiday season is over. Never ordered from FT personally, and wouldn't either, my OCD would kill me while waiting for the slow boat from China...lol.

And to VH fan, show me a brand new 2011 honda civic still on the sales floor that the sticker price has gone up on...prices do go up, but not when the market is saturated, that's when prices go down.

I have been looking for some specific posts that i recently read that will explain why FT is different than the others places and how they are able to get things and get the manufacturers to change things to suit their customers request more so than other places that offer similar products .

It will also explain in detail about FT's prices and why the fluctuation because someone on their forums asked the same thing you did . They thought FT was jacking up the prices but after an explanation by someone it proved to be a very legit reason and not just a trying to maximize profit situation .

When i can find it i will post it , gonna take some time.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here is part of an explanation how FT operates: Having trouble finding the other posts but will post when i find them.

First post is by Sufie (FT Staff) , the rest our customer viewpoints and one business owner .

sufie
Staff
JoinedAug 2013
Posts 5924
Reviews 0
Kudos5169
+9 details
Prices here are adjusted based on purchasing cost, which depends on the competition in the market. When an item is newly released in market, there are limited factories who produce them and the factory has more ability to bargain on price. When the item becomes popular later, and more and more factories produced them, the power of price bargain switched to buyer and the factory has to drop price also facing the competition.

We don't jack up prices because our reputation is about competitive price. We don't want to deteriorate it. Thank you.

@albezie408 : I have no connection with FT, just a regular customer like you, but I do run a shop in the EU and buy container loads in China. Often a new product with little competition is sold at some high price set by the factory, but as the competition ramps up that price drops. not always the case but often so.

However, the price drop by the factory can be followed later-on by a production stop if they judge it not profitable enough. I'm going through that on a regular basis. Me however, unlike FT, don't reduce the retail price when the factory reduces the buying price, I pocket the difference and only adjust to competition prices.

It shouldn't come as a shock if FT are making money. They aren't in the business for fun of it. If anything they've done us all a great favor by saving us having to deal with alibaba vendors (who if anyone has dealt with are difficult to talk to and mostly deal only in bulk orders) AND backing this up with great customer service AND FREE shipping!!

I was one of fasttechs first customers for vape gear.

They have not listened to me because the price is not free .

I mean come on nobody wants to pay for anything anymore .

Prices are higher than where? -- they still are leagues lower than 99.98% industry in almost all cases and if you find it lower use that $ emblem and dispute it, its that easy..

Actually a lot of businesses buy from here and resell to public. I think because there is no minimum order and group buy it's a better than Alibaba
#24 (permalink) Submit 12/11/2014 2:52:11 AM quote/reply + kudos + tips

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know exactly how wholesale and outlet works....they are the same world wide.

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
I am receiving one from focalecig on Saturday ... a Yosen Clone Zero Mod v2, I am curious who's making the other clones for FT and VT, I don't see the logo on the boxes so I am sure they are made in same city but are they all under the same umbrella, maybe they pawned all the v1's made to the other vendors :) I don't know, just saying ...I just hope I get one that actually works, been reading some bad stories about them

Let us know how it is I have 2 V1s one direct from Yosen the other from FC.

Early reports on the V2 by some are much the same as the V1 but as ever milage varies seems the revised DNA clone is not what people wanted.

The switch board and DNA cradles are nice I have to do mine the hard way:(

I only bought them to install evolv boards all the clone boards I ever tried has been a let down perpetually buying each revision until they get it right seems futile. Might as well keep your money and save all the frustration by using evolv.

I just got reports of the SX Zero clone seems a retro fit can be done properly in a hour.

VU Sponsors