Become a Patron!

Checking in

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hey guys. I just wanted to let everyone know that im ok. I went awol because I have been experiencing some hard times. I recently found myself homeless again. Luckily being in recovery for 2 years I've made some amazing friends. I finally was able to pay my bill and get my phone back. I am in a program for a housing voucher. As some of you may know I am not only an ex addict I'm currently being treated for mental illness.

I have found such amazing comfort in my Higher Power. I believe this may have been a test and I have stayed sober through these rough times by the grace of God and working a program. I know some of you may have thought the worst and hoped for the best. I really surprised myself. I am in one of the best places for recovery right now. I'm not exactly comfortable, but I'm able to manage while doing things to get my disability in order and help other people recovering that may not be in that state of mind yet.

I have been homeless on and off for over 9 years. I made the choice of recovery arrive 3.5 years ago. I was unsuccessful at first but finally was able to put down the ****** and ******* . I've busted my ass for way too long to give up that easily and while this period of homelessness was more comfortable and I was in a much better place mentally and made really good friends that really came to my aid, it was an experience I believe looking back that I needed. I needed to humble up, her close to my Higher Power and that I did.

I will check on here periodically. I have had so many people I love and care about die in the struggle. It's crazy I literally have no one left but my recovery friends.

I really love this place and I wanted to share in my journey. I will succeed so long as I keep recover the most important thing. Thank you guys again. You guys rock.

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors