Become a Patron!

Checking my Safety, and thought process !

Ozzietx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, so I'm fairly new to vaping, but not new to electricity.

I have been using regulated mods, and am considering an unregulated tube mod, and RDA.

I am capable of building coils to a relatively specific resistance. I have the ability to measure that resistance.

I believe I understand Ohms law, but just want to double check with the collective conscience here to make sure I am on the right track. I'm not super excited about blowing something up.

I have a bunch of alleged genuine INR18650-25R Samsung cells that I am considering using.

I generally seem to like my vapes on my regulated mods at around .5-.8 ohms running between 20-35 watts.

I don't build anything super crazy, simple stuff mostly.

I have input the variables into steam-engine.org, and come up with the following:

Coils wound to .5 Ohms
Input voltage from a hot cell at 4.2 volts
It shows a current of 8.4 amps
with a power of 35.28 watts.

This seems to be within the limits of these cells that, if I understand correctly are nominally capable of 20 amp discharge.

Am I on the right track, or is there a piece of the equation that I am missing.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If it regulated you are golden.
The mod will say the lower limit and since regulated will prevent the damage of the chip and or battery.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are right.
Just a few things to consider:
We do the calculations based on 4.2 but never actually get that due to voltage drop so expect a bit less.
The voltage with a full battery is 4.2 but will drop as the battery is being used and so will the wattage.
It is entirely up to you to to keep the battery at high enough voltage and not to over discharge it, I suggest you pull the battery once in a while and check it's voltage so that you can learn how low it gets compered to how the vape feels.
You have no protections of any kind, it's up to you to keep it safe.

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, so I'm fairly new to vaping, but not new to electricity.
I have been using regulated mods, and am considering an unregulated tube mod, and RDA....
You're on the right track, Ozzietx.

Now focus on the mod/atty. Understand how the amps flow to prevent a short circuit or no circuit, & how it's vented.

I'd suggest avoiding those "faux-hybrids" like the SMPL & 4nine as your 1st tube mech. The rda / battery interface lacks the safety feature a positive pin provides.

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Running the 25rs at that low of an amperage should bot be able to damage the battery due to over dishcharge. I build my cricket (dual series) at .4 usually and it will just quit working right before the batts dip below 3.7v or so.

VU Sponsors