Become a Patron!

Checking ohm's on a hybrid

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A coworker who just started vaping stopped by to have me help him build a coil. I figured no problem, piece of cake. He shows up with a Neptune hybrid. I want expecting that curveball. I went with the same build I just did on my dripper, which was 1.1 ohm. So, without a proper multi meter on hand, how do check ohm's on a hybrid atty? Is it possible or do you just go off of experience?

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Multimeter is about the only way on a hybrid, unless you can devise a coupler to a standard 510 for a ohm meter. However, using the Coil Toy coil tool you can get pretty damn close!

http://coiltoy.ermeso.com/

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I figured.

I played with that coil toy, pretty fuckin sweet. I had no idea something that in depth would be out there

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Multimeter is about the only way on a hybrid, unless you can devise a coupler to a standard 510 for a ohm meter. However, using the Coil Toy coil tool you can get pretty damn close!

http://coiltoy.ermeso.com/
I like that coil toy I see it doesnt have listed "Horse hair or Cat Gut" damned guess I can't use that ;)

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a couple flukes at work. Also have a black box ohm checker for normal builds. I never need a regular multi meter at home. Yesterday was the first time I could've used one.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Follow the first rule of vaping my friend, "Back ups for my back ups!" It would do you good to have both a ohm checker and multimeter. And for 5-10 bucks, what's the harm? You might not use one again for a while, but it's always that "One Time" that catches us in the ass! lol. Again, I wish I could offer you another solution to checking the ohms on a hybrid, but I just don't know, or haven't heard, of one......yet. Sorry.

VU Sponsors