Become a Patron!

checking resistance on a hybrid?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how would you check the resistance on a hybrid rda? across the poles(deck posts) or at the 510 and ground?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
how would you check the resistance on a hybrid rda? across the poles(deck posts) or at the 510 and ground?
Check it from the 510 connection, just screw it on a resistance meter or mod with internal resistance meter.

PS: A rda can't be a hybrid, well depends on how u look at it. but the mod is hybrid and ur rda may or not may be safe to use on a hybrid mod. Depends on how far ur 510 connection sticks out from the threads of the base.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
What Dutch said never screw an RDA onto a hybrid and hope for the best always check resistence on a meter first they are cheap enough and if building your own coils are a must IMO

The positive centre pin needs to be sticking out far enough from the threading otherwise you'll get a short and your gonna have a very bad day

Hybrids really are for advanced users

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If it's the ohmega one like I'm thinking check from the 510 pin to the deck. Use some good alligator clips

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's the ohmega one like I'm thinking check from the 510 pin to the deck. Use some good alligator clips

yeah I don't like the rda at all.
was able to fit some aliens in it 0.19ohms but it makes me nervous because I have to stack magnets on the battery due to no adjustment on the hybrid. this sucks! I supposed the regular 30mm version is sold out everywhere.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
yeah I don't like the rda at all.
was able to fit some aliens in it 0.19ohms but it makes me nervous because I have to stack magnets on the battery due to no adjustment on the hybrid. this sucks! I supposed the regular 30mm version is sold out everywhere.

the mod has an adjustment?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the mod has an adjustment?
this photo should explain why magnets are needed to make a connection.
80378f3cbea6c47e468211769e14a9c7.jpg

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
this photo should explain why magnets are needed to make a connection.
80378f3cbea6c47e468211769e14a9c7.jpg

the mod has an adjustment on the bottom as well. I don't need magnets for mine and i have the same one

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the mod has an adjustment on the bottom as well. I don't need magnets for mine and i have the same one
what do you mean? can you make a video or something? I know the delrin can be unscrewed but than the switch has a ton of play in it... please show me. Id love to use the rda since I just got it!!! don't want to go buying another rda lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
what do you mean? can you make a video or something? I know the delrin can be unscrewed but than the switch has a ton of play in it... please show me. Id love to use the rda since I just got it!!! don't want to go buying another rda lol

Like u said unscrew the Delrin so the battery fits good. Yes the switch has a lot of throw that's just the design of the mod.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like u said unscrew the Delrin so the battery fits good. Yes the switch has a lot of throw that's just the design of the mod.

normally the switch is less throw thanks to the top cap having the adjustment their. when i get home from work I'll see if I cn get the switch to tighten the battery but It has like quarter of an inch of play.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
unfortunately I tried to unscrew the delrin on the rail cap to its last thread and it still has battery rattle, it fires but seems cheap. so the hybrid is out, and for sale because I have zero use for it.

VU Sponsors