Become a Patron!

China blocks gmail

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If anyone is not hearing from people they contact in China, it could be that your contact is using gmail. According to this article, Google's email traffic from China has dropped to zero.

Can read about it here

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
can't blame them, China does not want the emails from their country to be read by Google and handed to the NSA. Doing so, also gives Google a back door into the computer that it was sent from....naughty google, naughty.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
can't blame them, China does not want the emails from their country to be read by Google and handed to the NSA. Doing so, also gives Google a back door into the computer that it was sent from....naughty google, naughty.

I know what your saying, but there's been a rift between google and the chinese government for some time. They haven't blocked Yahoo, or Microsoft Hotmail, Me.com (apple), or any other's that I'm aware of, all of which would fall under the same US/NSA laws too.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
how they have not blocked hotmail yet baffles me.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they must have lol, have you seen some of the vendors posts here lately lolol.

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Facebook, YouTube, Spotify and some news outlets are also blocked. Something about keeping the Chinese people reading only the right news. I think they call it the Great Firewall of China.

VU Sponsors