Become a Patron!

Chocolate Covered Strawberry

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been trying to make a chocolate covered strawberry recipe, using FA flavors, and just cant hit it! I am up to 10% strawberry, 8% cocoa and 6% chocolate, 70VG/30PG 0mg nic. Any help would be greatly appreciated, because this just doesn't taste like any of these ingredients. Hell, If I had to say, it kinda tastes like peanuts, lol!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's quite a bit of flavoring! I don't work much with cocoa or chocolate, but do use strawberry at 5% max as a standalone flavor. Since you already have mix made up try cutting it in half and see if it's any better, but probably will need to cut in half again.

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I started at 5% and worked my way up. Its awesome in my Strawberry/ Kiwi, so I don't understand why its not working now.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My guess would be the chocolate and cocoa are covering up the strawberry at such high percentages. To me, strawberry is subtle which is why I go as high as 5% by itself.

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My first mix was 5% strawberry, 3% cocoa and 1% chocolate and tasted the same as it does at a higher %. Guess I will just have to keep playing. That's the life of a DIYer :)

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My first mix was 5% strawberry, 3% cocoa and 1% chocolate and tasted the same as it does at a higher %. Guess I will just have to keep playing. That's the life of a DIYer :)
Gotcha. Do you get the peanuts flavor even without adding strawberry?

You're not vaping at 30-40 watts are you? I only ask because higher wattage made cocoa taste burnt to me...kinda like burnt peanuts actually.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chocolate/cocoa has to be vaped at low watts. Try adding .25% raspberry to your strawberry taste it... Then try adding just .5% of both cocoa and chocolate. Slowly add more as needed. Good luck! In wllmcs big chocolate apples he only used .5% so thinking since strawberry is such a light flavor u need to go way down on chocolate cocoa amount

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started at 5% and worked my way up. Its awesome in my Strawberry/ Kiwi, so I don't understand why its not working now.

Even if you vape a flavor at 5% standalone, when you put them in a mix you need to lower the percentage! Most of my FA mixes are at a max of 8% total flavoring - many at 6%. If the flavoring level is too high you'll just have a nasty taste often. So, as others have said - start with much, much lower flavorings and go from there. Good luck!

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Try using .25% fa raspberry to boost your strawberry.
I just read about this yesterday elsewhere online. Now I really want to get some raspberry. I am guessing FA would be the best to start with?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made one once, but it was a steeper. The chocolate was completely drowned out by the strawberry till about six weeks later, then it became heavenly...:)

VU Sponsors