Choice of 3

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ideally, the Alien with the Big Baby. Don't know why they aren't sold as a kit.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ideally, the Alien with the Big Baby. Don't know why they aren't sold as a kit.
The AL85 comes with the Baby Beast. I picked one up on one of Joe's deals that was too hard to pass up, only because my VTC Mini was dying. Sad day in this house, for sure.

With that said, between an Alien (baby) and Pico, since I own one of those, too... I'd choose the Pico. The ONLY thing I like about the AL85 is that it accommodates my Aromamizer with no over-hang. Seriously, that's all I like about it.

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The AL85 comes with the Baby Beast. I picked one up on one of Joe's deals that was too hard to pass up, only because my VTC Mini was dying. Sad day in this house, for sure.

With that said, between an Alien (baby) and Pico, since I own one of those, too... I'd choose the Pico. The ONLY thing I like about the AL85 is that it accommodates my Aromamizer with no over-hang. Seriously, that's all I like about it.

Thanks a lot really appreciate it

kevinjp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Hmmm interesting. Atm I'm trying to decide between 2 mods and 2 tanks. Al85 or Evic Primo mini and Big Baby beast or Spirls Plus Tanks. Want something smallish only to use in watts mode and flavour.

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The big baby does not have as good of flavor as the baby and the primo has 510 issues fyi

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
+1 for the Pico, sooo small with some great new finishes, decent battery life...and the Melo Mini tank is just perfect, coils seem to hold up better than the BabyBeast.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What Kevin said.
When I said the tank is 'just perfect' I meant for a starter kit. Plenty of better tanks out there for sure. And that's where the Alien AL85 has a slight advantage with more real estate for larger attys. That and the full front click bar. But the Pico feels like a better build, put it in a snug silicone sleeve and it's rugged AF.

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well it looks like for sure the Pico is the winner. Now I need to find a good flavor giving tank for it;)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
+1 for the Pico, sooo small with some great new finishes, decent battery life...and the Melo Mini tank is just perfect, coils seem to hold up better than the BabyBeast.

I recently bought a Mello 3 for my cousin as a first tank - it was surprisingly tasty and super simple. Coils are only about a buck each, too.

I was impressed :)

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well it looks like for sure the Pico is the winner. Now I need to find a good flavor giving tank for it;)
I'd say for your first jump in the pool, get the whole Pico Kit really, I have a few of them and the tank is solid. I have high end mods & attys but if it came right down to it, The stainless Pico/Melo kit would probably be my desert island vape.
For true flavor you'd want to go the RDA rebuildable route but that's a wholllle nutha wormhole you can have fun with later.
Start with the Pico. Be sure to get a silicone sleeve for it, it feels SO good in hand.
Welcome to the family!
; )

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Avocado 24 a spool of 28 ga K1 kanthal some organic cotton and a 3mm drill bit.

Youtube the builds....

Easy Peasy

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i got 1 from misthub, 1 from elegomall, 1 from vaporworld and 1 from ecig.com
yeah i have issues LMAO
Lol. The one thing that drives me crazy is that smok has paint chipping ridiculously bad and everyone loves smok products. If joyetech or sigelei had that they'd be nailed to the cross

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Lol. The one thing that drives me crazy is that smok has paint chipping ridiculously bad and everyone loves smok products. If joyetech or sigelei had that they'd be nailed to the cross

well to be fair cosmetic issues don't prevent you from vaping on it and they did fix the paint in the newer ones. joyetech has physical build quality issues that prevent it from being usable and sig, while they make solid built mods lie about the specs and their TC is ass. Smok should be nailed to the cross for their shitty TC (which i will do in my alien review) but the paint while an issue, isn't as big of one in the grand scheme of things and has been fixed since. early adopters always get the shit end of the stick in every industry.

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well to be fair cosmetic issues don't prevent you from vaping on it and they did fix the paint in the newer ones. joyetech has physical build quality issues that prevent it from being usable and sig, while they make solid built mods lie about the specs and their TC is ass. Smok should be nailed to the cross for their shitty TC (which i will do in my alien review) but the paint while an issue, isn't as big of one in the grand scheme of things and has been fixed since. early adopters always get the shit end of the stick in every industry.
I guess that's what happens when people like me have no patience lol

Charmz4him

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wanted to let everyone know.
THAT YALL ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :stars2:
The Pico 75w with the melo is fantastic, no issues, coils are lasting forever and no leaks at all.......
Thank you so much for everyone that helped me out.
You are the best. I am sure I will be back for more brain picking when I go to add more hardware, already looking...:D..

VU Sponsors