Become a Patron!

choosing an RDA for flavor... single coil

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey all, what are some good options for a quality RDA that is good for flavor?

looking at the rogue RDA... looks nice and short. oh and i am only running single coils.

what would you suggest and why?

thanks!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I heard the vertex v2 gives great flavor in single coil mode. Can also get clouds in dual mode. Happy hunting.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Stainless-Cyclone-AFC-by-Vicious-Ant-p/hemm-vcsva.htm

Of all the drippers I've ever used, and as much as I liked the Quasar/Magma, nothing I've tried came close to the vicious ant cyclone. The Cyclone is a true single coil atomizer. The Deck is only 14mm wide and the chamber is super tiny, lots of flavor and plenty of vapor too.

To give you an idea on size:

2vdohow.jpg

simple 8 wraps of .28g Kanthal, 1ohm resistance:

2w20jua.jpg

msmith4512

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I get great flavor from my Atomic, N22, Lancia, Magma, Veritas, and Lethal in single coil mode. For thicker dessert juices I like to build 26g 12 wraps 3mm at 1.6 ohms on an SX Mini at 30 watts. Rich and creamy. Go with 28G 8 wrap 1.6 ohm builds for thinner fruit flavors. Crisper taste.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a rogue and it's not my favorite. It's not a single coil atomizer either.

msmith4512

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also have a Rogue and love it too. It's flavor is worth having to build an extra coil. It's really easy to build on. The Lethal has a very similar design and slightly bigger air flow. Both won't leak unless you turn them upside down.

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I daily a veritas that's drilled out. It's probably my best flavor atty for my taste imo

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Magma. Nuff said.

It's easy enough to build on that a noob like me can do it and holy shit the flavor out of it is insane! I just closed off the second air hole with a piece of an o-ring and run single-coil only in it :D

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you want something that has awesome flavor on par with a magma but doesn't leak a drop even on its side, go for the veritas. I quit using all my other RDA's except for the magma when testing new flavors because the veritas doesn't leak at all. I hate building on the veritas, but there is no other option on the market for great flavor and no leaking at all that I know of.

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Awesome! Thanks for pointing that one out, just ordered a black one. I can see one possible flaw in it though. The veritas doesn't leak because the air hole is isolated from any juice access. You'll notice on the marquis that the side walls where the air holes enter the chamber are flat, this may let juice leak out when the air holes are down when laid on the side. The veritas has the recessed side channels that brings the air hole out of plane with the side walls.

An easy fix, if it does leak, would possibly be to epoxy some slightly raised rings around the air holes so the juice can't leak out when laid down. That way you could still use the rods in the air holes for building, which you wouldn't be able to do if tubes were inserted in the air holes.

Sorry OP if I threw your thread off track.

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have only tried the Magma as far as an rda. I want the VA Cyclone with AFC. They are so pricey though. I hear the flavor is great, that is what I seek. But I think I could drain that pretty fast. It doesn't take any time at all for me to empty a Magma. At first I thought it didn't leak. But it does drip when I chain vape it. I may try a Veritas in the future as well.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to use a single airhole helios with a 24 ga parallel coil. It was a flavor chuckin machine.
Now I use a plume veil with a chuff cap with dual 24 ga dual coils.
Some would argue this is for clouds, but I assure you theres tons of flavor. Definitely not for the stealth vaper.

VU Sponsors