Become a Patron!

Chronic misfires

Hey folks I have a 2 month old smok magneto 2 and I have a serious issue with the fire button not firing when I need. I have to hit it just right and really hard sometimes to get it to fire. I have taken it apart and cleaned it as best I can and still hasn't made a difference. It's getting really annoying. Any advice to maybe fix this problem would be great.

Thanks
Josh

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does the battery rattle if you shake it?

No its a telescoping mod so battery rattle has never been an issues I have tried tight I have tried leaving loose don't make much difference

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you tried it with any other attys? If you have a multimeter you should test and see if you are getting voltage to your connector. Ive seen before where the pin gets loose on an atty and causes it to misfire

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm not familiar with that mod, but I'm guessing if you've cleaned all contacts, you need to tear open the switch. It's gotta be something in there. Is there any arcing, black spots on the negative pin where it contacts the battery?

I'm sure if you search the net you can find out how to disassemble the switch, and I'm betting it's something in there.

Yeah I have done some searching and found out there is no way to pull apart the switch without destroying it. It's the only mod I have right now. I'll keep fiddling with it and see what I can do

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah I have done some searching and found out there is no way to pull apart the switch without destroying it. It's the only mod I have right now. I'll keep fiddling with it and see what I can do
Seriously... That's bullshit. Not as in you're lying, as in fuck a mod that can't be broken down, what's the point in a mech if you can't maintain it. Does the switch assembly lend itself to allowing in liquid if you submerged it in alcohol? If so, you could give it a bath for a while, rinse, and air dry. I think it's time for a backup, or new primary if you can afford it, man. I have had that issue in the past, and it sucks. I would rather it not fire at all then fire weak, at least you know when it's not working. Good luck, I feel like you have to be able to disassemble that switch.

Yeah I agree it sux I bought this mod just getting back into vaping and I didn't do much research. I have the hots for a box vv/vw mod. Hopefully soon gotta get my vap budget hands out and figure out what I can afford. I want a vapor flask but Damn they want hella money for that. I have seen clones but the reviews see to be hit and miss.

This I think is the v1 on mine the button and tail cap are all one assembly and don't come apart. Next to putting it in a vise and really cranking on it i have tried everything to get in the and take it apart.

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not familiar with your mod either but on my Hades i was having similar firing issues but my switch can be fully dissassembled. I found some pieces of kanthol that got sucked in by the magnets.

VU Sponsors